Why Gain Command Levels?

istvana

I used the double xp event to get three new characters to 70 and a fourth over 50. Today I started on weeklies to get the 10,000+ command experience per week (ignoring the extra cxp from the dailies and any boosts) and I suddenly asked myself - why am I doing that?

Command ranks will go bye-bye and we will all be renown rank 1 in September if I read things correctly. So no reason to get high rank. Unless one to 300 for the legacy boost is good if that boost will apply to renown. Gear of course will be useless after the level boost - granted gear always becomes useless over time but this is only 3 months away.

Command crates give odds and ends like crafting materials, items to trade in at the cartel market and at least two types of pets, both of which I have enough of. Is this the only real reason to work on command ranks now? If so I need to think hard about whether it is time to relax for three months, enjoy places like Dantooine and not care whether any of my new 70s even hit command rank 100.

Depends on what you need. Command crates do still give gear which can be useful dependant on play-style. New creates with the legacy gear is still a few months away.

For me free companion gifts, free cosmetic gear, odd mount I do like (tho not all) Rep points on the very few rep venders not maxed out, and as a crafter the jawa mats do come in useful. Still make them wanted by me and I see it as something for nothing as I would be doing what I am doing in-game regardless of crates as a reward.

However gaining crates just for the sake of gain crates won't be useful for everyone with renown coming out in a few months.

There's also the achievement (which pays CCs) for getting each class to level 300, and another for getting all eight classes to 300, so if you want to complete achievements, there's that, and those won't be attainable once 6.0 drops.

In my opinion, this is the ONLY reason to worry about it now.

There's also the achievement (which pays CCs) for getting each class to level 300, and another for getting all eight classes to 300, so if you want to complete achievements, there's that, and those won't be attainable once 6.0 drops.

All I need is another Toon for success. Then I only grind money to 6.0. :)

It's just free cash at this point. I never go out of my way to grind CXP.

I've recently been thinking about this--should I just melt everything to UC's or should I be vendoring it all, considering the changes to gearing coming...I'm not going to grind 14/16 alts for 252/258 or crystals knowing everything is changing soon, so I have thousands of UCs I don't really need or care enough to buy crystals with. I've just been on auto-pilot disintegrating 99% of everything in crates that aren't gifts, I've probably been flushing free credits down the drain...

I know what you mean.

I don't grind them but it is frustrating because the crates are not very rewarding atm (i disintegrate most of it). You get better gear from Ossus at a faster pace and you only have a chance to get something of use at level 300+.

Yeah, it feels pretty pointless besides the random mats and companion gifts.

Edited by Nemmar