Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post

Extension of Taitsuo: Would you guys consider adding root effects to the Resolve bar? At the moment, 3 well-coordinated Gunslingers could permaroot someone (5secs duration, 15 secs cooldown). With ranked warzones, that could mean a lot…

You said it's working the way it's intended, but as a Pyro Merc I have only two ways to get out of a root (Energy Shield and Determination) and even that doesn't help as roots don't fill my resolve bar. Could it be possible to add a root/snare type of resolve bar. Or tweek Expertise to have some kind of noticable impact on roots

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love the game, and knew I would so I purchased the CE. One of the things I was most excited for was the CE Vendor, which seems a little lacking (only skins for 1st companions and one unique pet and armor set). Was just wondering if there are plans to add more items to the CE store? I was very excited about it, and I am pretty sure it was mentioned before that it would be updated regularly (and six months after launch no new items). I know that development time is going into other important features (hurry up with the neutral rewards! :p), but just wanted to know if any updates are on the way and perhaps a time frame (like maybe with that big update referenced a while ago :)). Thanks for any information and love the game!

Hi,

As you may know there has been a lot of discussion about the PvP viability of sages/sorcs healers post 1.2. With 1.2 (and now 1.3) the removal from the game of the procced accelerated cast for the big heal has caused the class to become very stationary when healing which obviously, as the squishiest class ingame, affects viability in organised PvP. Can you confirm what the development direction is for this class?:

- Is the class supposed to be a turret healer as the stationary casts imply?

- Is the class supposed to be a kiter, as the cloth armor and lack of defensive armor implies?

Currently noone doubts the class's potential output is good but the viability of that output is very much in question for PvPers.

I would really appreciate your input on the intended direction.

James Ohlen back in March of 2010 once said in an PC Gamer interview ….

(Source) http://www.computerandvideogames.com/238122/star-wars-the-old-republic-end-game-is-brand-new-system/

"We're looking at classic [endgame] systems, but we're also doing something brand new that hasn't been done in an MMO before. So we're going to mix those two together."

Could you elaborate now what that something "brand new" for endgame was, and when did it get cut? …will we ever see it?

I am curious to know if you guys are planning to give more control of companions, perhaps similar to how Bioware gave control over companions in Dragon Age Origins, to us in the future. There've been a few times where Quinn healed himself when he's at 90% health and I'm at 10%. Their AI just seems odd sometimes.

Are there any plans to expand the legacy family tree to include other players? It would be great to - for instance - be siblings with another guildmate and connect the 2 legacies together in one larger tree. As it stands right now, a maximum of 8 people in legacy tree looks fairly minimalistic.

Many players have siblings or family that is not played by themselves and would like to expand their legacy name or possibly even perks to those who are considered family. Would there possibly be a way for us to grant our legacy name to a certain amount of players and then pay credits into giving players possibly perks as story lines progress?

Chat Bubbles

We heard that these were being worked on some months ago, and later that they would be in game after the UI customization update. What is the status of these and when can we expect them ?

Why are Operatives/Scoundrel the only melee class in the game that don't get a reduction to AOE damage in their skill tree. Some of the AOE damage in PVE hits us for way to much and seems to make the class (In my experince) hated by all operation groups.

What are your plans for 1.4? (at least those you can reveal)

With players still waiting for Nightmare Denova, Solo Ranked WZ or Dual Spec, it's hard to expect it to be Makeb patch with it's level increase, but those things alone don't seem like content worth 'big' patch.

Will Scoundrels/Operatives get their own version of Force Speed? It's the only thing they seriously lack; a gap-closer at the start of a fight.

I don't like waddling over to a boss while Jedi's Charge and Speed while Troopers fire away.

Waddle waddle.

I really enjoyed playing the space combat missions when the game first launched, but shortly thereafter I finally got into keybinding and abandoned my 'clicker' ways. However, this made it impossible to use the keyboard for ship movement(independent from moving the target reticle) and device use. As a result I stopped the space missions completely because resetting my keybindings before and after doing the missions became very tedious. Is there any plan to either allow us to set up keybinding profiles(like the interface profiles) so we can quickly switch between them or separate space mission controls so they are unaffected by any keybinding changes made for other aspects of the game?

What is being done to counter act the increasing amount of hacks/cheats/exploits in WZs? Some of which have been around since release!

It seems that since the release of 1.3 & Rateds, this behavior is on the rise. Yet everytime players ask for an update, all BW seems to do is sweep it under the rug. Threads/posts are quietly deleted and no one acknowledges that anything is being done. Ignoring this problem will not make it go away, but enforces this behavior since players who are hacking are not being punished.

Even Blizzard would release regular reports of accounts closed due to hacking/cheating, and maybe it's time for BW to follow suit.

I don't see how BW expects players to take Rated WZs seriously when BW doesn't seem to be taking the exploit issues seriously.

Please fix!

Thanks

Can you PLEASE fix the CAMERA to where I set it. I been fighting with this thing since the start. Every time I load screen I have to reset it? really? super sucks in bg! Actually about to go back to wow...

Two points, I've recently transferred players to Drooga's Pleasure Barge and started new ones as well. I'm kind of sorry I did. The downside is that there are so many people doing the same quests that you wait and wait for enough respawns to complete the quests. Any way to improve this? It really spoils the flow of the game.

Second, any sort of time line as to when transfers from other servers such as PVP servers to PVE servers? 3 months, 6months?

Thanks

Question:

Is there any chance that you guys would consider altering the specific requirements for individual pieces of War Hero gear? Obviously, the War Hero gear will always require X amount of rated/non-rated warzone commendations, and I'll even say that also requiring a piece of Battlemaster gear is completely fine too. However, would you please consider letting War Hero gear to be purchased by allowing the traded-in Battlemaster piece to be from any of the 3-4 sets that your class PVP vendor sells?

(Example - Battlemaster Force-Master's Boot's could be traded in for Battlemaster Force-Mystic/Force-Master/Stalker/Survivor Boots)

The problem with the current implementation is strictly due to the requirement of the identical Battlemaster piece to traded in for the War Hero piece. If your going to require people to obtain almost every piece of Battlemaster gear before War Hero gear, the least we should be able to do is optimize our sets properly. This is not possible in it's current implementation because of the secondary stat difference between an identical Battlemaster and War Hero piece of gear. If we optimize Battlemaster gear, we can not properly optimize War Hero gear, and vice versa.

Example of Secondary Stats:

Battlemaster Force-Master's Boots: +74 Critical Rating & +51 Alacrity Rating

War Hero Force-Master's Boots: +61 Power & +53 Surge

As you can see, the secondary stats on these two identical BM/WH pieces are completely different. Because the goal is typically to obtain full War Hero gear, we are currently required to look ahead and purchase our Battlemaster gear so that it will allow us to purchase whatever War Hero piece we want. The result is that we are forced into Battlemaster pieces that might not be itemized as well as others and end up wearing this poorly optimized gear for quite some time. This can also happen in the reverse, where your Battlemaster gear is the way you like it, but because you can only purchase that same War Hero piece, you have no choice but to wear it, regardless of the huge stat differential.

There are also scenarios where people already had their full Battlemaster sets before patch 1.2 when the gear requirement/trade-in was implemented with the War Hero gear. Essentially, these people purchased their BM gear with the stats that they wanted, but then had no choice but to purchase the exact same War Hero piece, except that War Hero piece has completely different stats on it.

Lastly, what happens if someone was originally a DPS and obtained their Battlemaster set accordingly......but then as they were ready to start obtaining War Hero gear, they decided that for the benefit of their team, they were going to play a different spec and be a healer? In order for someone to be able to do this and obtain their proper War Hero healing gear, they would technically have to go back and re-buy another full set of healer Battlemaster gear.

I was wondering what adjustments (if any) are being considered by the dev team in regards to Concealment Operatives in PVP.

I've been pvp'ing with one a lot lately and have been having some extra special trouble with tanks (especially those dirty Powertech tanks). Now, I know they can't all be high-end pvp legends, so it's either my approach to them (which may very well be valid) or that I'm like a fly trying to take on the swatter. I'm not saying that we're broken per se, but the learning curve feels like I'm trying to climb Mt. Everest without hands.

Also, any thoughts on efforts being made towards pvp balance (I know, the dream that will never come true) would be interesting to hear about. I know WoW has recently decided to make their pvp stat baseline and make it something you augment after hitting end-game. Was the decision to give out free recruit gear at end-game an answer to that? and are there any plans to implement a system to convert pve currency (Tionese/ Columi Comms, etc.) into pvp currency (Warzone Comms), and vice versa?

Edited by WhiskeyGin
redundant wording and grammatical errors