[Guide] The Jedi Sage's Handbook

AstralFire

Is Biochem really that great?

It's awesome. However, I personally opted for Cybertech (along with Scavenging and Underworld Trading), simply because it gives you grenades and a custom mount.

Edited by tufy

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Biochem really that great? Ok, I'm not spending money on medkits because I got a reusable one (which will refund itself over time) and other buff things.

I haven't played yet, so I'll just ask:

How many of those biological implants can you equip? Are there BoE implants that are simply overwhelming you with stats?

Two I think. The point is, that the things you can built with biochem are always needed. After a few weeks, everyone will have better things, than you can built with artifice or synthweaving, but they will still need there medikits and stimulants.

I would propose one change in your great guide.

"She is also the only class which can reposition her own party members, through the Rescue ability, as well as being only one of two classes that can perform an in-combat revive. None of these tools makes the Sage superior to her counterparts as a healer, but they do emphasize the Sage's strength as a healer - control"

You refer to the sage as a she. Now to me its not major but I can already see the kiddys crying that not all sages are female. This is the only point where I saw you favor a female over being neutral. Like I said before nothing major but it stuck out ot me like a sore thumb.

Keeping the wording gender neutral eliminates the trolls to some degree.

By far the most educated, comprehensive and well written guide that I have read on Consulars, thank you very much for taking the time to do this.

You should submit it to a gaming magazine and get yourself published! :)

Very comprehensive guide and thought provoking. I was a healer in SWG years ago, but I wish I took more time evaluating healers then to give you some feedback and compare this class for fellow readers. I'll do a bit of digging and see what I find in the months ahead. Get some consular experience under my belt before giving a good analysis.

Again, great job! Well read. ;)

Edited by SukeLywalker

The priority list pretty much holds true while leveling. Telekinetic gets an early lead on the other two specs while leveling simply because all three specs absolutely need their first five points in Telekinetics.

I wonder about this. I never ran out of force in the early levels. As a dps (Balance) Sage I took willpower and Empowered Throw as my first 5 points and did fine in pve/pvp.

For the sake of solo missions in a specialization with so many stuns, you may be the only Sage that actually uses the Tumult skill, an oft-forgotten, powerful kick that only works on NPCs that are Strong and weaker, who have been stunned. You probably would do the best of any Consular specialization for being without even a companion, as you have strong self-healing, and the ability to AoE control multiple enemies at once. Imagine: You can take a group of two elites and five normals, Force Lift one elite and two of the normals, deal with the rest and just daisy chain Force Lifts at the trapped elite every minute.

One thing that I can't figure out is this. You can only Force Lift one guy at a time, correct (unless you spec into Pinning Resolve which your Balance spec doesn't)? So I can Force Lift one elite, and then you have some stuns and AoEs and DoTs and things so you can take on a group. But the way your word that paragraph is very confusing and/or misleading, because the spec your giving us you can't actually do what you're saying. Unless I'm missing something?

I am still using Qyzen at 31 and don't see myself changing. Is that typical of everyone else?

I changed to Iresso first chance I got. I also tend to use Tharan in high traffic contested PvP zones. Doesn't really matter, a tank is a tank.

Edited by Khadroth