What keeps you playing your class?

MindBullet

So there are a lot of different threads about things that people don't like about the different classes. That being said, most of us do have at least one class that we have stuck with for a while. So, why?

What is it about your main class that keeps you playing?

What brought you to it in the first place?

How has your experience with your main class compared to any other classes you may have tried?

What would you like to see fixed/changed/added to your class in the future?

I like a lot of different classes because they're all fun. I have total alt-itis. But I think even when people complain about a class they still have fun playing it for the most part. If they didn't care they wouldn't take the time to complain on the forums, they'd just forget about it and reroll.

So there are a lot of different threads about things that people don't like about the different classes. That being said, most of us do have at least one class that we have stuck with for a while. So, why?

1. What is it about your main class that keeps you playing?

2. What brought you to it in the first place?

3. How has your experience with your main class compared to any other classes you may have tried?

4. What would you like to see fixed/changed/added to your class in the future?

1. It's sheer awesomeness, that's why I keep playing it. Basically all the reasons why I chose it to begin with are why I keep playing it. The class has only exceeded my expectations, it's so much fun to play.

2. I've always liked Bounty Hunters in Star Wars lore. Not so much the characters from the movies, but the idea of Bounty Hunters themselves. Especially from a role-playing standpoint. I have a lot of fun playing as a light sided Bounty Hunter. I rolled with a Powertech because I wanted to try tanking for a change, and I liked the idea of being a beefy BH who can take a hit. Plus I love all the gadgets. :D

3. I haven't gotten far enough with my other classes to have a solid opinion on this one. I gotta say though I miss being able to shoot up in the air with Death from Above when I play my other characters.

4. Good question. I've never really felt like the class was missing anything, although it would be nice if us Powertechs got a 60 second CC.

Edited by DarrkLore

How has your experience with your main class compared to any other classes you may have tried?

1.The cool starship, the cover system, and the general look and feel of the smuggler class.

2. I actually started with the agent, and still have an alt i'm slowly leveling. But I picked the republic since open world pvp favors more targets for the underdog. But what drew me is still what is keeping me a smuggler.

3. With the cover system I died not even half the times I did as anything else. In fact the first time I died was a lvl 10 war front. As anything else I died to various mobs just within the first few levels. As a smuggler, even dps, I had almost no cool down time between mobs.

4. As a Scoundrel AC, and in general with all the non-force users, I hate how much melee distance is forced on us. One of the things that excited me about this game was the possibility to be a ranged dps/healer, or a ranged tank. Unfortunately as a scoundrel I'm forced into that 4m range. Even to be a trooper/bounty hunter tank i'm going to be in the 4m range. In the future I would like to see the non-force users moved back into the mid-range for combat. Even if this is just done by a lot of cc abilities that only proc in PvE.

Stuck with for a while? the games been out for like... a month :p

That said, I do think this is a cool topic, so here are my answers for my Tankassin..

What keeps me playing is that I LOVE tanking, and of the three tanking classes, this is the one I find the most enjoyable.

What brought me to it in the first place was the ability to tank with a Saberstaff, and also the ability to be a Force User, without having to take the boring heavy armor route.

On my other chars (of course they are all Dps...) I feel like a lil bug, who gets smushed by passing... anything. On my Tankassin I feel like a REAL Sith, able to take on groups of lesser beings without really having any trouble, and able to take on the strongest people the galaxy has to throw at me, and chop them into tiny lil chunks.

Oooh this is the burning question :p I would like them to fix the scaling on Dark Charge, when they buffed it, they removed even the tiny scaling it had previously, so now a nekkid level 50 gets healed for the same amount as a level 50 in full Rakata Tank gear, with every buff, Stim etc known to man... not cool.. Then they need to do something with Overcharge Saber, again in 1.1 they 'buffed' it, and now instead of increasing healing by 300% it lowers the ICD of the proc by 1.5 seconds.... making it officially the worst tank CD in the history of MMO's. It needs to be buffed again, and properly this time.

What is it about your main class that keeps you playing? BH- I love the story of being out for revenge to win a big tournament. I like that it feels right when i group with my companions its not like i have an annoying vete in my ear.

What brought you to it in the first place? Armour, tank, Boba Fett fan, cool ship and mako.

How has your experience with your main class compared to any other classes you may have tried? I have enjoyed my marauder as well the story and the game play especially so far but my BH just has a hold on me that goes beyond explaining its like I am the character i dont feel like its some one else. What I mean is when a sith talks its convaluded when my BH talks its logic which is perfect for my personality.

What would you like to see fixed/changed/added to your class in the future? Mako to stop being so confusing sometimes. On a quest she says its best not to betray our ali and she does not trust this person, so i agree and she gets a - 30 affection ***.

I have an alt of each AC(half reb, half imp) so I'm randomly playing different ones, but my only 50 is my merc.

The class story was pretty sweet, combined with wanting to get blizz, leveling with a buddy, and destroying trash packs with DfA made it a pretty fun class.

I was originally going to be a trooper, but my friend wanted to roll Imperial Agent so I decided the BH could be fun.

They all play quite a bit different. I've played them all some, and don't really want to go through each. I do wish my merc had been a powertech instead of a merc, and I had rolled my trooper as a commando instead of vanguard. I'm liking Vanguard more than my merc for the freedom of moment, while still keeping some ranged capacity.

I'm fine with my pyro merc as is. One thing I'd like is a talent to force my Combustible Gas Cylinder to proc the DoT(and the talented slow) as a pyro like Powertechs get in their talents. It's a 16% chance to proc, and other than my 25 sec jet boost(set bonus takes off 5 secs) it's the only thing I have to keep people from staying on me. Everything else is good enough for me.

-Jedi Guardian, multiple factors. Combat system, lore, complicity. Having 40 regularly-used keybinds is refreshing.

-Again, several factors. In all MMOs that I've played, I've been a melee tank and I loved it. I'm also fond of Jedi philosophies and lore.

-Hideously weak during levelling - at least till 30-40. On my Sniper and Sage I can take out more, tougher enemies in shorter amounts of time without resorting to borderline AI-exploits. Was very weak at top level till I geared him up. Now, aside a few non-critical things, I'd say he's quite on par with other classes of similar gear level.

-Talent trees look like they're 3 builds old. Defense tree needs a serious overhaul - half of the tree is dedicated to overcoming the horrendous Focus generation penalties of Soresu, the other half are mostly gimmicks. Focus needs to get rid of Singularity bomb dependency, Vigilance DoTs need to scale properly.

Several baseline archetype abilities don't scale half as well as they should - namely, Slash and Cyclonic Slash. I removed the former from my bars and I use the latter only because I have no better AoE threat when my Sweep is on cooldown.

Edited by Helig

Its a really fun class to play.... BLowing stuff up is fun. Looking like a robot is fun (level 40 pvp gear best example) I get a jawa though i would rather that be a race choice =( when a team mate is being ganged on by a few people my death from above makes them scatter or really hurts them.

Its not a force user. I tried a sorc at first but so has most people least on my server. I find the healing more complex and harder in pvp. I can shoot my allies=0

Well, as i already stated i likeit much more than sorc. In fact its actually a good anti sorc class not the best one but still can take them out. the melee classes i find horrible in pvp. Sniper is fun too but the cover system just takes out the fun factor in pvp. Ive played a up o 20 on all classes and i find this one the best fitting all around for me. Far from the best class but funnest for me.

Changed? i want to be a Jawa or really with so many races anything non human would be fine. I dont get this what a horrible lazy oversight. Other than that really my biggest issues is the fact i have a jetpack and only one thing makes use of it (death from above). I dont see why it cant be used for a jump back or forward skill. WOuld be helpfull in pvp and just fun to have.

Edited by Girwen

Jedi Sentinel

Even with the frustrating ability delay, I enjoy the Jedi Sentinel's combat. The play style requires quick button presses to chain together attacks. While PvP'ing, I feel like I'm a concert pianist, which isn't a complaint. Also, I enjoy all of my situational abilities. I have multiple short CD defensive abilities, several "Oh snap" abilities, and two "Oh no you didn'" long CD abilities.

When I play my Commando Alt, the gameplay is much slower. I have far fewer options for PvP. Grav round grav round grav round high impact bolt grav round etc is far less compelling than "Force Leap -> Overload Saber -> Zealous Strike -> Cauterize -> Slash -> Leg Slash -> Slash -> Zen -> Force Stasis -> Rebuke -> Dispatch"

I was a hybrid class in WoW and wanted to play a pure DPS class in SWTOR. Plus, who doesn't want two lightsabers?

I find the trooper story line to be more interesting than the Jedi Knight's. I also found that the skill cap is MUCH higher for a Jedi Sentinel than a Commando.

The main thing holding Jedi Sentinel's back is the ability delay and animation stuttering. I'm hoping this will be completely resolved in patch 1.1.1, because patch 1.1b didn't do it.

Edited by Naroga