Keeps on dieing & dieing & ....

Orictor

Was on this toon yesterday and was constaintly dieing. Toon was a level 20 attacking level 19-20 NPCs on leveling quests. I did notice that every time i did a lighting attack, that it didn't do a thing to the NPCs health at all. And that includes all lighting attacks. My companion did a little damage but died also just before I did. These NPCs were just regular NPCs, no Elites. I got heals for other players, but only one for me, what good It did. That and a medpack didn't do a thing.

Was on this toon yesterday and was constaintly dieing. Toon was a level 20 attacking level 19-20 NPCs on leveling quests. I did notice that every time i did a lighting attack, that it didn't do a thing to the NPCs health at all. And that includes all lighting attacks. My companion did a little damage but died also just before I did. These NPCs were just regular NPCs, no Elites. I got heals for other players, but only one for me, what good It did. That and a medpack didn't do a thing.

Sounds like PvP to me :p;)

A) I would check your gear and Khem's gear. If it's not all 18 or so green or better, I would update it. This can be done on the cheap through the GTN. Most sell off green gear for less than 1k a piece. If you see a blue or purple really cheap, grab those instead but don't worry too much about blues and purples until later on when you have many more credits. Also get an earpiece, implants and relics as well if you can afford them. If you like pvp, you can quickly obtain some nice level 20 blue earpiece and implants. I believe they are 310 comms a piece, that's about 930 comms, roughly 6-10 matches/2 hours tops.

B) You probably have lowbie medpack for your level. Somtimes the medical droid lists the higher tier medpacks at the bottom of the list rather than listing them in a row at the top where the lower level medpacks are.

C) As far as your healing abilities, you can use all your heals on yourself as well. Not sure if you were aware of that because of that comment you made about having only 1 heal for yourself.

Send in Khem to grab all the aggro (with updated tank gear), stand back and heal him as necessary while throwing out a few shocks/FLings if he's looking good = profit.

Edited by Ridickilis

Might be a spec issue. At level 20, sorc get access to either death field or chain lightning, which are very painful AoEs for PvE mobs.

What I CAN tell you is dps sorc are one heck of a killing machine in PvE. At lower levels, your bubble also is RELATIVELY more powerful for the content you fight.

Make sure to keep the thing handy.

Also what do you mean only one heal to yourself? Isn't Unnatural Preservence 32 or something? You should have Dark Heal and Dark Infusion at your level, and resurgence if heal spec.

Edited by verfallen

Also what do you mean only one heal to yourself? Isn't Unnatural Preservence 32 or something? You should have Dark Heal and Dark Infusion at your level, and resurgence if heal spec.

Nope it's level 18. I don't blame you though if your like me and leveled a sorc almost a year ago. We didn't have the luxury of this ability.

I guess I could understand why the OP thought those other two heals weren't for him. I believe the tooltip say's "Heals friendly target" so perhaps he thought that meant it had to be someone else. You can be the 'friendly target' as well.

Edited by Ridickilis

This definitely sounds like a gear problem, or, a not keeping up with your skills problem. Either way, if you've hit 20, and feel like putting in a little effort, you can get a full set of 20s gear, minus the weapon and focus, by running enough PvP to purchase the 20s PvP gear. Full Blues at your level are probably a lot better than what you're wearing. You can get a better weapon from PvP at 24, I believe, and, by buying a second chestpiece, you can strip out the mods, and make your focus equal to your level, too. You'd just need another crystal for it.

hmmm... sound like u where in an H2+ or H4+ area^^

Could this be possible? How much HP did the mobs had?

Nope it's level 18. I don't blame you though if your like me and leveled a sorc almost a year ago. We didn't have the luxury of this ability.

I guess I could understand why the OP thought those other two heals weren't for him. I believe the tooltip say's "Heals friendly target" so perhaps he thought that meant it had to be someone else. You can be the 'friendly target' as well.

Ya, as far as I go i got it at level 44 :p leveled sorc healer pre Dark bending nerf, and guy went to freezer a while then. Only got it out when I decided to try the DPS, and from that point it was content faceroll.

By far the dps spec 50 I have the less trouble soloing PS and LR with.

As a lol, also "tanked" OE with talos out, and that went surprisingly well with Unatural preservation and the bubble.

Sorc issus are mostly PvP based, and there are worries about single target damage for higher difficulties damage timer. As far as solo PvE goes, one heck of a killing machine, as said :)

Sorc in pvp are absolute garbage at the moment. Marauders and sentinels are so over powered they cut through us like butter.

Absolute garbage, maybe not, but it does have some issues, mostly as far as baseline goes.

Currently you HAVE to spec a certain way to be successful.

Absolute garbage, maybe not, but it does have some issues, mostly as far as baseline goes.

Currently you HAVE to spec a certain way to be successful.

they have issues overall around the class. Healing is the only thing they are currently worthy of.

i over exaggerated by saying garbage.

Edited by Anosa

Not only do your heals work on you, but you don't have to change targets to heal or bubble yourself. While attacking a mob, just select the heal or bubble and it will hit you automatically.

If you need to heal companion or group mate, then you need to switch targets. It's very valuable later to heal yourself without retargeting. I wish they would implement a HOTT window (health of targets target). Not only does it help with knowing how the tank is holding up, but you also get an indication of who took aggro.

I was full madness spec while leveling, but never had any problems unless there was MORE THAN 2 equal level elites and 2 regular mobs. In other words a H4 area was usually too much, but only rarely had problems with H2's. And my Khem was usually in crappy gear.

Just make sure to use your whirlwind and then send Khem in. Take AoE's off his toolbar so he doesn't break mez. Keep him bubble him before a fight and heal him when he gets about half dead ish. Other than that just throw out as much damage as you can. Took me some getting used to, but once you figure out where to put your deathfield to hit the targets you want and not pull extras or break mez you will be way ahead of the game.

I had absolutely no problem with single targets this way either and was soloing every single named elite or champion I could find. There were several H4's that you could do just the objectives and then fight a solo champion at the end. I could solo those on my sorc. No other classes that I have tried have come close to that yet.

Edited by Edonidd

I wish they would implement a HOTT window (health of targets target). Not only does it help with knowing how the tank is holding up, but you also get an indication of who took aggro.

They do have this, it's just not shown by default. I'm pretty sure it's in the Interface Editor. Definitely useful for tanks and healers.

I was full madness spec while leveling, but never had any problems unless there was MORE THAN 2 equal level elites and 2 regular mobs. In other words a H4 area was usually too much, but only rarely had problems with H2's. And my Khem was usually in crappy gear.

Just make sure to use your whirlwind and then send Khem in. Take AoE's off his toolbar so he doesn't break mez. Keep him bubble him before a fight and heal him when he gets about half dead ish. Other than that just throw out as much damage as you can. Took me some getting used to, but once you figure out where to put your deathfield to hit the targets you want and not pull extras or break mez you will be way ahead of the game.

I had absolutely no problem with single targets this way either and was soloing every single named elite or champion I could find. There were several H4's that you could do just the objectives and then fight a solo champion at the end. I could solo those on my sorc. No other classes that I have tried have come close to that yet.

You are talking about a low level PVE environment which is completely irrelevant. We are talking about endgame PVP balancing and fundamental sorcerer problems at level 50. Just because you had success in lowbie heroic quests does not mean the class is functioning properly in pvp or raiding endgame pve for that matter. Pay attention to the context.

Guys i argued with my friends about this dying thing and i am really sad i left my sorcerer rot to die :( our class makes dmg yes we are really good at 1v1 but in wz there isnt always 1v1 there is 2v1 3v1 3v3 3v2.... and when they focus on us we vaporize. it was like that before but we were dealing much more dmg so the fights weren't long. they didnt changed a huge thing about our survival they killed our dmg and our lightningh / corroption hybrid. its really funy we are spending 40 skill points to cast thunder blast we are adding %50 more crit dmg with 5 skill point and it makes 3500 crit we can do this dmg with dead field to 3 targets about 3050 it is really funny all other classes have really cool end tree skills but we have a ****** street fighter aduket and thunder has 2 sd cast dead field is instant and they add a funny medium heal it only makes me stand 3 second more :D i am playing mara (rage) which is op and when i see a sorc/sage i am really laughing while i was attacking him/her it is really funny wacthing them turning brain dead when i smash :D Edited by xxArmand