Community Q&A: March 23rd 2012

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to derail from the thread, but I'm surprised you think Bioware has been doing much of anything more than WoW ever did to benefit RPers. Really, the only thing WoW lacks by comparison is an equivalent to the codex (and to some extent customizability in gear) which is entirely meaningless given SW:TOR has got to be one of THE most barebones RP games I've ever played. FFS, we don't even have chat bubbles or sittable chairs, and considering this game is from Bioware I think what offends me the most on the RP standpoint is there's no Pazaak, let alone ANY kind of Star Wars Universe tabletop or card game. I want to roleplay as part of the game and as part of socializing. This game doesn't provide for RPers if the only RP you can make from it is treating SW:TOR like Second Life, a glorified 3D chat room. Of course, it doesn't help to get into the mood when every single quest treats me like the only person in the whole universe capable of doing anything.

They dropped the ball for roleplayers right on our toes, picked it back up, then dropped it again before acting like it was all an accident. At least Blizzard had the courtesy to just throw the ball at us and then ignore us entirely with a nice note on it saying, "lol rp"

Well-said. I find this game to be sorely lacking for us roleplayers.

Georg: Sometimes it's hard to hear this, but the change to healers you're referring to was, quite simply, a result of them being too good. When one healer is close to target performance and the others aren't, it's natural to think that the logical course is to buff the underperformer and leave the over-performers alone. I want to dispel that notion and explain why it isn't always possible.

Bad players will always be bad and the fact you are bring in nerfs so the bad players dont feel like they are bad is even worse. I get some nerfs to classes need to be made like the operative and them killing you before you can do anything is not skill but bad game mechanics and yes you needed to fix the sage Deliverance bug.

If Bioware is really concerned about breaching the gap between bad players and good you will focus on your in game damage meters and incorporate them in the game yourselves instead of letting a 3rd party do it for you. Once you get proper in game damages meters and you can break it down with ACT and people can start pin pointing were people are lacking that is how the bad players become better.

Fix your in game content so its not so buggy and has so much RNG. A bad player can not adjust to bad game coding and mechanics a good player can. You want to bring peoples skill level closer then fix the things that really need to be fixed.

Here's my take on it. I htink the devs are gona do what there gonna do and honestly the way you guys flame them all the time trolling and insulting them and threatening to quit and saying how the games gone be dead in 6 months .. well thats fine Leave take your whining and leave. Get off my game i love and then when your all gone and the devs don't have to listen to your insentient whining all the time perhaps then they will get real constructive suggestions and then make changes .. I dont care if a bunch of you leave .. easy way to fix that issue.. if server pop drops in 6 months they just decrees the amount of servers the have up . IE saving them monies .. and then compact a bunch of the low pop ones Onto one server and BOOM high pop again.

To the PR players .. you are absolutely right a few emotes is not a fix for your issues .. btu please consider that your population of players is much smaller than the pvp and pve reg servers so unfortunately that puts you on a low profile for fixs. I suggest hanging in there as all these name callers and rude lil wow rejects go back to there beloved lameness and we can get control of the game again =) things will change just hang in there .. in the mean while max out all your crafts make alts enjoy the story archs try playing evil do what ever you have to do but just hang in there.

To the pvpers who like to think there leet or better than other players .. Lets just say this .. the game is for everyone not just you .. if your so good at pvp and this game isn't doing it for you then go to another game I hear that Conan is free now .. LOL !

And last but not least Please reminder as you play that the game is being paid for by every person in the game just like you so try to consider that there just playing the game same as you and if they don't do something right ask them if they know they made a mistake and try to politely correct that .. don't just flame them and harass them and name call till they log off.

- Form a player that's unhappy more with the community than you - but not giving up ( I have faith in you Bio ware .. you haven't let me down yet not with any of your titles ! )

I added cool smileys to this message... if you don't see them go to: http://s.exps.me

It would have been nice if our STORY guy could have told us a STORY about WHY our Bounty Hunters cannot have the title of Mandalorian ingame, what kind of role player are you Danny?

SPOILER!!!!

Why are you keeping me back from fulfilling my SWTOR fantasy, Danny?

A spoiler tag would have been nice there! :mad:

I find it funny people crying and whining about pretty much everything in the game and basically saying that their every need has to be met. Here is an Idea if you guys hate stuff on the game quit playing and Design your own game, so that way those of us who actually enjoy the game can come play yours and gripe about how lame it is. :D

Thank you for the game. I'm a huge fan and I'm really looking forward to 1.2. I'm the guild leader for a guild on harbinger and we're going to start an empire guild on the same server for the legacy system.

My question is if its possible to communicate between the two guilds we have to setup on both the republic and empire side? I don't know the technical ramifications of it but it would help us keep in contact between both sides. Just a thought. Thank you again for a wonderful game. I'm really enjoying myself.

Pzljug: When are you guys going to finish the Timeline on the Holonet?

Stephen Reid (Senior Community Manager): When the Timeline series was begun we weren’t entirely sure how many timelines would be needed to detail relevant backstory for The Old Republic and left ‘blank spaces’ on the Timeline that, we thought, would all be filled in with Timeline entries. Ultimately, we feel we’ve detailed all the relevant backstory required, so no more Timeline entries going back into earlier history are planned. However, we know how much players enjoyed the lore details, style and presentation of Timelines, so we’re planning to continue that with a different series (currently unscheduled!) which will detail other aspects of the lore of The Old Republic.

Horrible horrible decision. That was one of the few things I looked forward to on the Friday updates. Now they are not finishing it up. You guys need to rethink this. It's like all the good things people want you don't give us.

I would love to see the "Force 'Discovered' on Tython" timeline video.

Huge disappointment with this announcement.

With a game "all about the story" it's a damn shame this series won't be finished up.

Edited by Overtone

hey my name is renton i live in the uk and im on the basilisk droid eu server. Ive been playing since launch and ive been loving it . Im an altaholic crafter with bounty hunter main nearly at battlemaster in pvp , didnt start pvp until 50 so i really did it the hard way. i have 7 others alts 3 empire. 4 republic who are all at various stages of their professions.

This is my first mmo so i wasn't confident about grouping to start off, i'd pug now and again but i always seem to get a group that done the heroic 5 or 6 times and i pull mobs when they trying to walk the line.

I've got to the stage now were im more confident and i know how to play my classes and what their rotations are. So I want to experience the social elements of the game

In the last month the population on my server has dropped significantly and my guild has dissappeared. Again i could pug for operations but it's the kind of thing i need a guild for. I've talked to players in other guilds and they say they are having similar issue's where the are no regular active player's.

The reasons for this are fairly obvious - lack of guild functionality, general boredom, pre-patch burnout and mass effect 3..

I just checked my eu server list at 8pm GMT basilisk droid is standard. Tomb of freedom nadd is a pvp server which is full so it looks like the more soical players re-rolled on that server. I've been happy playing the single player and pvp'ing but the lack of population is affecting my sales on the GTN and my abilty to group.

I could just re-roll on freedom nadd but i'd be giving up everything on my current server - bounty hunter battlemaster , cybertech 300, biochem- 400 with most the purple schematics and i also have about 2 million spread over my eight characters. My legacy level is 22.

If i re-rolled it would take me until june at least to get all this again when server transfer's will probably be available.

1.2 will give the game a boost but from the ppl ive talked this is papering over the cracks or too little too late. From the amount of servers that are light or standard the majority of the player base is in the same situation as me.

I feel now server transfers has become the main issue in the game. If They implemented server transfer's next week i could move over to freedom nadd and my problem would be solved. But from the community Q&A answer it looks like june is the more realistic date for that to happen.

I know no ETA HAS been given for server transfers but i think it's become such a big issue that affects the game.

So my question is -- is server transfer's bioware's main priority other issues such as lfg.

I know it's difficult for bioware to give a response on this post this highlight's the opinion's of players on my server and the majority of players on light or standard servers.

Xpost from general

As much as I love spending time organizing a gazillion inventory and bank slots are there any plans to add an "Arrange Inventory By" drop-down such as...

Arrange By:

Item Type (weapon, armor, mods/enhancements, consumable, misc)

Item Rarity (grey, white, green, blue, orange, purple)

Item Value ($$$)

etc.

just a little QOL I feel that is desperately missing.

I want to know why my smuggler can't talk or group with a bounty hunter. I can get why the sith and the jedi may not be able to group but it makes no sense that basically two neutral character professions can't interact or group. That is completely insane in my opinion.

After considerable testing, we're more confident than ever that all healing roles are both closer to target performance and closer to one another

Ohh Ok I see why your nerfing the cloth wearers now. Since we're trying to make the healing classes more equal, when do I get to start wearing Heavy armor?