Hard Mode False Emperor

I keep hearing that False Emperor is doable, and one of the few hard mode flashpoints without any major bugs, but I also can't find any information on it besides for malgus himself.

Can anyone direct me to a guide for it?

My group spent quite a few wipes last night trying to kill Jindo Krey, and kept getting slaughtered. I'm sure we are just doing something wrong, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction?

I don't recall the names too much. Which one was Kindo? The one with the ship helping him? However, I ran it last night with only minor bugs. The only significant bug was leaving the FP, we all got DCed. Some points during the end of the Malgus fight seemed like they could be bugged, but we still got him. Edited by Taral

Any tips for HK-47? We are having problems with it's stealth ambush 10k hits. We can combat ress one target but after few seconds it kills again one of us. Is our dps just too low and that is 'enrage' mechanic?

Stack up as soon as he goes invis then AOE, he'll reappear before he can put the dot on someone

With Jindo Krey:

As soon as the ship comes down USE THE TERMINAL that the ship is out don't wait for 200% + (Level 2) to rise otherwise you will get 1 shot from his missle's.

Make sure you are interrupting as much as you can an DPS through his shield.

With HK-47 -

Make sure each player is standing in a circle so when he randomly targets someone they are the only Person getting hit. When the turrets spawn you have to break their green shield with the missle that he targets someone. So what we usually did was get all DPS to stack on one until it targeted them broke then moved to the next one. Once both of them are broken just DPS the boss then the turrents.

DON'T TRY AN DPS HK-47 WITHOUT BREAKING THE SHIELDS or they will kill you.

I have cleared this for a few days straight now on Hard.

Boss 1:

- Probably the hardest (an offhealer your first time might be nice for when it gets iffy)

- Strat is easy interrupt as many spells as possible but prioritize flame sweep.

- He has a ship that can be brought down by turrets, the longer its up the stronger it gets. I recommend killing it instantly.

- When ship gets hit he will go immune you need dps through it and use the missile lock on people to help dps through it (stack on boss so circle spawns on boss).

-He jumps around a lot

Boss 2:

Dps race simple as that. Same as normal pretty much

-Have tank phase him away from raid (he does a cone)

- Places the missile lock on people (just move when it turns red)

- He will turn and snipe a random person. Unavoidable (To the best of my knowledge).

- At ~ 50% two turrets will spawn with an immunity shield, only way to remove is by forcing him to shoot them with the missile lock.

- I would suggest not dpsing canons. The enrage is pretty hard and the canons aren't that bad to avoid.

- This next part I'm a little iffy on. He will go stealth and stun someone then stealth again and basically kill that person. From my understanding you need to get him out. Dots are great but AOE will suffice.

He does this last part twice at most that I have seen.

Boss 3:

-Interrupt Unlimited POWER!!!!

-Honestly this guy is a joke. You need to have two people with knock backs.

-Have tank put him on one wall and rest of group on other so his push doesn't throw you off/across the map.

-He will choose one person to chase and choke others (like normal) that person can kite. If you are a tank/healer you can sit through it (maybe even dps)

-Next part is KEY !!!!

-Near like 5-10% he goes completely immune and starts channeling non stop force lighting. Only way to kill is to do two knockbacks on him (only second one moves him!) off the ledge.

-What I do (tank) at the end is move him near the edge on the bridge between the two pillars. Use that as the "wall" and so when he goes immune just run to his side and push him off.

Final thoughts:

This place is a joke, trash is pretty long and your first clear might take a while when learning (mine was 3 hours). First boss can be difficult and second one requires some gear but I have done it with full group of people at 50 for 2 days (We did buy some BOEs)

GL :)

Edited by yerdd

-Near like 5-10% he goes completely immune and starts channeling non stop force lighting. Only way to kill is to do two knockbacks on him (only second one moves him!) off the ledge.

Make sure you don't jump + harpoon him off either, when he dies the quest auto-completes and it won't let you back into the instance.

With Jindo Krey:

As soon as the ship comes down USE THE TERMINAL that the ship is out don't wait for 200% + (Level 2) to rise otherwise you will get 1 shot from his missle's.

Make sure you are interrupting as much as you can an DPS through his shield.

With HK-47 -

Make sure each player is standing in a circle so when he randomly targets someone they are the only Person getting hit. When the turrets spawn you have to break their green shield with the missle that he targets someone. So what we usually did was get all DPS to stack on one until it targeted them broke then moved to the next one. Once both of them are broken just DPS the boss then the turrents.

You should break the turret's shields but if your healer is good you don't have to kill them. We left one turret alive but didn't destroy its shield before killing hk-47 and the turret got bugged and we were left in combat. The enrage timer is quite tough so if the group doesn't have enough dps you might need to skip the turrets. Even though you skip them you should break their shields.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually you can just have everyone exit area after HK47 is dead. Most of the time we dps HK down too fast and both shields don't get broken, heh. Have to do a little bit of running but they'll reset if you all zone out and then you can proceed.

Actually you can just have everyone exit area after HK47 is dead. Most of the time we dps HK down too fast and both shields don't get broken, heh. Have to do a little bit of running but they'll reset if you all zone out and then you can proceed.

This ^^, though hopefully they will fix things so that if you kill HK the turrets become vulnerable. Nothing exciting about being plinged to death.

For Jindo, the easiest method we've found (using myself as a ranged BH tank) is to shoot the ship as soon as we enter the instance and have dps+healer stack on Jindo at the middle turret. I get aggro and use the opposite side of the platform from the cannons to avoid the red missile lock spam while the group DPS's the shield. Shield drops, ship comes back to mid, get's shot, goes back out. He won't grapple or jump to his main aggro target and if everyone else is stacked on him in phase 1, they'll take very little damage.

A melee tank may need to run around in short range in front of him for the missile phase but should get some damage from the missiles to help drop the shield.

Should need to shoot the ship 4-5 times before it crashes, then he moves to phase two which is no shield + he does his flame sweep aoe which must be interupted (all the other moves can either be interupted or ignored depending on how good your healer is).

With halfway competent dps you'll still burn him down before the enrage. This is the cleanest way to kill him that I've found as all you need to do when he's shielded is occasionally taunt him and fire off basic shots to keep aggro (dps to the shield doesn't seem to draw aggro from me as I'm not tanking him particularly hard).

Malgus is pretty straight forward, squishies should kite in the solo phase and always (ALWAYS) interrupt his force storm as it'll one shot the whole party. When he hits 10% and starts spamming force lightning, range him out on to the bridge (or just grapple him to the very edge) and have a person with a push attack chuck him over the edge. Note that if he is at the top of the stairs down to the edge of the bridge, he may get stuck and not go over the side. Lightning spam damage is not ridiculously bad and we've endured about 30 seconds of enraged FL due to a screwed up knock back before killing him.

The ship for Jindo Krey(?) now is impossible, he grapples anyone that even get's close to a console. You die at instant level 2.

No, it's not. And it was like this before the patch. Send your two DPS to hit the switch. He'll interrupt or grapple one of them. The other presses the switch. Super easy.

Malgus is pretty straight forward, squishies should kite in the solo phase and always (ALWAYS) interrupt his force storm as it'll one shot the whole party. When he hits 10% and starts spamming force lightning, range him out on to the bridge (or just grapple him to the very edge) and have a person with a push attack chuck him over the edge. Note that if he is at the top of the stairs down to the edge of the bridge, he may get stuck and not go over the side. Lightning spam damage is not ridiculously bad and we've endured about 30 seconds of enraged FL due to a screwed up knock back before killing him.

Its not Force storm, its called Unlimited Power. You also get to see a buff when he is about to do it. He does it twice under 50%, one usually around 40ish and another around 10-20ish.