Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

CourtneyWoods

My entire guild is based on 8v8 ranked wz's . We transferred to Tomb of Freedon Nadd with a lot of other guilds so queueing for ranked would be viable again. And now you screw us over by removing the one thing I still enjoy doing from the game? That's just perfect.

I never understood why programmers remove content that is already written. So what if only a small percentage use it? The code is already written! They could have easily added 4x4 warzones and kept 8x8 as optional hard core content.

For example, you could easily have the following:

1. Solo queue for both 4x4 and 8x8 arenas (unranked).
  2. Ranked Queue for 4x4 warzones.
  3. Ranked Queue for 8x8 warzones.

Just because a small percentage of people use it, doesn't mean it cannot be kept. What that usually means is that your hard cord supporters use it, and by removing it, you alienate your hard core supporters.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot of assumptions here about warzones just being attractive to PVP players. I recently discovered warzones, and I actually enjoy the objective based 8x8 warzones. I really have no interest in 4x4 PVP arena matches at all. But I will play the 8x8 warzones all day.

Hey everyone!

In case you missed your chance to play against Musco and the devs last week, tomorrow night some of the devs and I will be playing arenas on PTS.

If you didn't read Musco's previous post, let me explain how this will work!

Why?

As we often do with PTS, we have some specific things we want to test. We thought playing with y'all on a live server would be a great way to build a little extra excitement around Game Update 2.4: the Dread War. We are doing something a little different than last week - each of us will be queuing up solo. So you might be playing against one of us or along side one of us!

When?

Our current plan is that we will do this tomorrow night from 5-7 PM CDT.

How?

It's easy! All you have to do is join the ranked solo queue. We will be playing Arenas in that queue nonstop from 5-7 so hop on and you might just get a chance to take us on or have one of us on your team!

Like last time, we will not be in-game to answer questions or anything like that. Whether we are on your team or you are playing against us we will only talk with our weapons!

Below are the character names of who you can expect to see tomorrow!

BWCourtney

BWInq

BWTech

BWSage

BWScoundrel

As you can see, I will be the community team rep this week. I am super excited :jawa_cool:! The rest are members of the dev team, including some folks from our Combat/PvP team! We are a mixture of Imperial and Republic characters this time!

ONLY the names mentioned above will be representing BioWare during that exact time. If during that test, or anytime besides that, you see someone on PTS who has similar naming and is claiming to be a BioWare employee, they are not. Not only are they not an employee, I would ask that you immediately send me a PM here on the forums to let me know of their action (do not submit an in-game CS ticket). This is a definite breach of our ToS and appropriate action will be taken.

If you aren't aware of how to access PTS and want to join us, please follow the steps below!

1. Log in to the Star Wars: The Old Republic launcher using your username and password.

2. Click the Settings button (gear) in the bottom left corner of the launcher

3. Under “Enable Public Test Server Access”, select “Yes”

4. Click “Save”

5. Now the bottom left corner will have two buttons: select the new button next to settings

6. Under "Pick an Environment" select "Public Test"

7. Click "Next" and you will begin patching on the Public Test Server*

8. Click "Play"

I shall now leave you with a quote from the great Baron Deathmark, "Get in there and go berserk!" :jawa_angel:

Like last time, we will not be in-game to answer questions or anything like that. Whether we are on your team or you are playing against us we will only talk with our weapons!

no communication? not even 'focus on the op' or 'the healer popped barrier' or 'help, i could use a shield from the tank' or 'go to the bottom/top/east/etc?'

no communication? not even 'focus on the op' or 'the healer popped barrier' or 'help, i could use a shield from the tank' or 'go to the bottom/top/east/etc?'

Hey curtkram,

If we are on your team we will be saying things along the lines you mentioned above or "good game" but we will not be answering any questions beyond that. What I said in my original post is just a heads up that you will get the silent treatment if you ask us about upcoming content, class balance, etc. :jawa_wink:

It's sad to see 8 vs 8 pvp go, but I can understand the logic why it's being replaced with 4 vs 4 pvp, speaking of which are there any plans of introducing a bounty hunter pvp system along the way in the near future? It would be a nice way to make some credits where players can put any particular price down on there target for elimination.

Also any word on space content pvp? it simply isn't star wars without some real actual pvp galactic warfare in the far reaches of space, without having to rely on the current mini game rail shooter that it has already, especially when it makes you feel like your on auto pilot all the time.

What I said in my original post is just a heads up that you will get the silent treatment if you ask us about upcoming content, class balance, etc. :jawa_wink:

So what about suggestions and requests that have been posted on the Forums? We as a PvP community hear nothing from any Dev reguarding things that need to be reviewed.

Things like:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=655118

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=670815

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=636323

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=666837

Additional areas to be looked at...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=663818

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=660831

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=668027

I just really don't know if anyone is paying attention to the forums like you are this post all day? There are a ton of things that the community has to offer as ideas that seem to be getting ignored. Can you please shed some light on what the PvP forums and suggestion forums are for?

I am thrilled to see a new HB arena and I like the idea of these WZ Arenas but I'm not totally sold on the idea...YET

Edited by Tragamite

Hey everyone!

In case you missed your chance to play against Musco and the devs last week, tomorrow night some of the devs and I will be playing arenas on PTS.

Awesome! I'm glad you guys are doing this again...thank you Courtney!

I shall be a Marksmanship Sniper! Pa-chow! :jawa_evil:

Curious...are you guys playing in the same room/area? Any side bets going on? Is it the same players or do the "generic" names rotate? Same people from last week?

We are going to have one more person joining us tonight - BWJugger!

So the final list of the BioWare reps on PTS will be:

BWCourtney

BWInq

BWTech

BWSage

BWScoundrel

BWJugger

We are looking forward to playing with y'all in a little less than 6 hours!

What happened to BWMerc?

BWCourtney

BWInq

BWTech

BWSage

BWScoundrel

BWJugger

Prepared to get served Courtney, unless you're on my team in which case we'll serve others, full on waiter style.

BWCourtney

BWInq

BWTech

BWSage

BWScoundrel

BWJugger

Why is it BWInq instead of BWSorc or BWSin?

BWCourtney

BWInq

BWTech

BWSage

BWScoundrel

BWJugger

Why does it feel that BioWare prefers the imps? Last tme a complete Imp team, no more imps that reps. And then BioWare wonders why people always say BioWare prefers the imps.

Why does it feel that BioWare prefers the imps? Last tme a complete Imp team, no more imps that reps. And then BioWare wonders why people always say BioWare prefers the imps.

I disagree. PUB's got cool water fountains and ponds on Fleet. We got nothing but barren empty space to jump into and fall to our deaths. LOL :rak_01:

Plus I see a couple "PUB" Toons are being played so stop complaining. :cool:

Edited by dscount