RE 30 pairs of lvl 49 blue tank pants and finally got a proc.

Zakaan

It was presence. This doesn't count the literal dozens of attempts in every other slot that have yielded nothing at all, or the odd procs of tank stats on items that were clearly optimized for dps when attempting to gain blues from the initial greens. This crafting system is just... disappointing. Edited by Zakaan

This is why I stick to REing green to blue only. The proc rate for purple is so incredibly low it's just not worth it, blue is good enough.

I've been RE'ing green-to-blue mainly because the only value greens have is to break them to get the mats back.

In some professions, the blues can be useful as I level up and I'll make some for my characters if the blue component materials are cheap enough.

I'm somewhat discouraged... make that a lot discouraged... by what end-game crafters have to say though. If at level 50 the best thing I can craft is outdone by an easy to acquire vendor or quest item, why am I bothering with crafting?

Had same problem with a lvl 43 focus offhand.

Just have to accept it cost me 80k for tht blue focus.

Do you really want everyone to get purples?

It's working as intended.

Substituting RNG for difficulty when it comes to gear just seems poor and lazy. There could be questlines, special loot drops from bosses, a high mat requirement, or other clever methods to make crafting more interesting and make obtaining artifacts meaningful.

Random dice rolls are nothing more than frustrating, and this system seems like a huge step backwards. The same could be said for Champion bags, but there's enough of that on the pvp boards.

It was presence. This doesn't count the literal dozens of attempts in every other slot that have yielded nothing at all, or the odd procs of tank stats on items that were clearly optimized for dps when attempting to gain blues from the initial greens. This crafting system is just... disappointing.

WOW only 30 tries? Congrats and very well done!! you must be very lucky LOL

I am not being sarcastic .. I am being very serious .. congrats on getting it in only 30 attempts!!!!

yeah, I got a purple once after ONLY 25 RE's but it's been the exception rather than the rule. It was also a good combo too +crit +surge. I felt like I had won the lottery that day! The problem is that if you make it too easy to get purple items you'll increase the number of crafters able to produce good purples which will increase supply which will lower your profit margin's on the GTN.

It sucks I know but I kind of like the fact that if I put a lot of work and effort into creating high quality items it will be less likely that someone only putting in a little effort will be able to have all the recipees I got.

I had issues on r45 blue gun, worked on purple schim for 4 days and quit, unlocked most 50 purple guns for tanks dds and healers, but most of my purples came from under 10-15 blue synths.

I have purples from lvl 21-50 for pistols and popped a good blue schim for rifles last night so will be workin on those next.( minus the 45 purple :/ )

I had the same thing happen to me today with the lvl 49 focus for Artifice... on my 25th attempt I got a proc with +shield... totally worthless...

oh well, someone might want it someday and I have it now.

Back to the drawing board... any of the other 4 stats would have been great...

yeah, I got a purple once after ONLY 25 RE's but it's been the exception rather than the rule. It was also a good combo too +crit +surge. I felt like I had won the lottery that day! The problem is that if you make it too easy to get purple items you'll increase the number of crafters able to produce good purples which will increase supply which will lower your profit margin's on the GTN.

It sucks I know but I kind of like the fact that if I put a lot of work and effort into creating high quality items it will be less likely that someone only putting in a little effort will be able to have all the recipees I got.

I'm perfectly fine with difficulty. However, I'd much rather battle something other than RNG for the hours it takes to craft all of this gear. There's no challenge in crossing my fingers and praying for a proc, so I don't see where the "too easy" comments are coming from.