Gearing up at L55 - a guide

Updated for Patch 2.4.

Hey everyone, with many of you reaching the new level cap of 55, I thought it would be good time to release a gearing guide for L55. The goal of this guide is to letting you know where you can find upgrades from L50 gear all the way to Underworld gear, the current Best in Slot (BiS). The other goal of this guide is to keep track of the huge amount of dallies and weeklies in patch 2.0, a patch I sometimes call the Rise of the Dallies.

There are quite abit of rewards and missions to keep track of and I compiled a bunch of tables and charts. Hopefully it is not too messy. In the last section I have a section devoted to just daily/weekly rewards that you can just take a quick scroll and know what you are getting.

If you have any questions etc let me know!

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/

Edited by Iwipe

Let me preface by saying that I really enjoy your site and the guild I am in recommends it as the place to get good swtor information.

That being said, we have found that the loot tables for end bosses are not 100% of the time the 2 pieces you mentioned. They do seem to drop almost every time but last night we were doing flashpoints by request based on what people needed. My request was Mandolarian Raiders as I need both boots and gloves. Last boss didnt drop either (for any class), I believe it dropped a heavy armor bracer.

So it would seem that there is a very slight chance that something else drops as Ive done at least 20 and every other time your loot table has been accurate. So accurate that we were actually surprised anything else dropped.

Thank you for the time and effort though, it really is helpful. :)

Thanks for the guide, now if only we could get Bioware to fix the itemization so that most players don't need another guide showing them which gear pieces to buy / go after over and over just so they can rip mods to get decent stats.

What do u mean exactly?

What do u mean exactly?

He means, that for achieving best builds you can't use only mods given to you by sets. You need to keep a mod from one set, enhancement from 2nd, and armoring from something else, as sometimes the stats on some mods are totally useless or could be substituted for something else.

He means, that for achieving best builds you can't use only mods given to you by sets. You need to keep a mod from one set, enhancement from 2nd, and armoring from something else, as sometimes the stats on some mods are totally useless or could be substituted for something else.

That applies though only if u have more sets of the same value right? Won't replace 69 mod with 63 mod just because it has stat u need, right? Just asking, I don't know what's usual.

So it would seem that there is a very slight chance that something else drops as Ive done at least 20 and every other time your loot table has been accurate. So accurate that we were actually surprised anything else dropped.

Thank you for the time and effort though, it really is helpful. :)

Hmm, it is possible that the boss have a chance to drop a 3rd item. I will keep an eye out and ty for the info :)

That applies though only if u have more sets of the same value right? Won't replace 69 mod with 63 mod just because it has stat u need, right? Just asking, I don't know what's usual.

For mods, there are lettered versions and non-lettered versions. While the type of stats on a given named mod are all the same (e.g. a Robust mod will always have Will / Endurance / Absorb), the distribution of stats will be different (e.g. more endurance on the lettered versions, more overall non-endurance stats on the non-lettered mod).

Some examples using 27s (DG gear):

Advanced Robust Mod 27: 36 Endurance / 54 Willpower / 44 Absorb

Advanced Robust Mod 27A: 44 Endurance / 72 Willpower / 13 Absorb

Advanced Robust Mod 27B: 56 Endurance / 44 Willpower / 34 Absorb

All have the same stats, yet the non-lettered version has more of the stat budged allocated to non-endurance stats.

And while I don't have the new 29 mod stats handy, I believe in some cases a 29 mod of a lettered version may offer inferior non-endurance stats over a non lettered 27.

Enhancements are similar in that for a given pair of secondary stats, there are at least two enhancements (with different names) containing those stats, yet one will have less endurance, more non-endurance stats.

Some examples:

Advanced Battle Enhancement 27: 29 Endurance / 44 Crit / 60 Surge

Advanced Assault Enhancement 27: 48 Endurance / 24 Crit / 60 Surge

Again both have the same stats, yet the Battle enhancement has more of the stat budget allocated to non-endurance stats.

This also holds true for armoring, barrels and hilts where there are sometime heavy endurance versions (Force Wielder / Patron / Commando / Guardian) in DPS / Heal gear which are actually downgrades from a lower item level non-endurance heavy version.

And this is all before weighing the values of the actual stats, where sometimes the stats on the mods and enhancements of a higher grade item actually are a downgrade as in the case of a lot of tank gear where the mods and enhancement have no mitigation stats and instead have nearly worthless stats such as alacrity.

So really the question that should be asked as you gain 69 or better gear is this, are the mods within the piece an upgrade or not.

And that question cannot be answered by simply saying one is a 69 and the other is a 63, and therefore the 69 must be better.

That question can only be answered by looking at the stat values and determining their weights.

And unfortunately, as my tank is finding out right now, a lot of 69 gear is stuffed with garbage mods that I will not use to replace my optimized 63s.

Edited by DawnAskham

Dulfy, do you have a personal time dilation device or something?! How you are able to put up all the excellent analysis/content you do is beyond my comprehension...

But THANK-YOU for doing so! And saving this idiot from wasting SO much of his own time :D

That applies though only if u have more sets of the same value right? Won't replace 69 mod with 63 mod just because it has stat u need, right?

No that is not right.

Why would you ever use something just because it is higher level mod if it is effectively worse?

I will definitely replace a higher level mod with a lower level mod if that lower level mod has better stats.

No that is not right.

Why would you ever use something just because it is higher level mod if it is effectively worse?

I will definitely replace a higher level mod with a lower level mod if that lower level mod has better stats.

What I was saying is that you rarely find significantly lower mod better that higher mod. Even if u want for example strenght over endurance, u probably won't pick +2 strenght over +20 endurance, that was my question.

What I was saying is that you rarely find significantly lower mod better that higher mod. Even if u want for example strenght over endurance, u probably won't pick +2 strenght over +20 endurance, that was my question.

but I'd pick 20 shield + 20 absorb over 25 shield +25 alacrity for a Tank

doesn't matter the least for DD's that's true,

but a Heal won't want accuracy for example.

also there are a few classes that won't replace their 61/63 armouring because of the set bonus.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

If I'm a dps (or healer) class, I definitely would.

The main problem with itemization is that the Black market gear (that you get from coms) is pretty much terrible, especially the enhancements. Arkanian is better, but still has some weird itemization going on.

Hi,

Something I think you should add in the Basic com part in your guide is the fact that Cybertechs can craft lvl 53 rating 156 (when RE-ed to purple) armorings and mods as well, and of course, artificers do enhancements and hilts of the same rating, and armstechs do barrels.

I haven't tested yet but am pretty sure those show as 66 as well when inside gear.

Even if u want for example strenght over endurance, u probably won't pick +2 strenght over +20 endurance, that was my question.

You can't be serious. If the character is used for dps, of course I take 2 strength over 20 endurance.

Why would I ever want something as useless as endurance for a dps toon when endurance does not affect the damage I do at all?

If the stat changes were -2 strength and +20 endurance, then that would mean less dps.

The only time the endurance would have any use for would be either in pvp or or strictly solo-playing in pve, but if I had any intention of using the character for PvE group content, then I would take any amount of main stat, no matter how small, over any amount of endurance, no matter how high.