Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Hi folks, just wanted to let you all know that we will be opening up more servers today. I also wanted to remind everyone that the opening of origin servers for free character transfers is now in the fine-tuning stage. We will be monitoring server populations and seeing how they stabilize. What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us.

Does this mean that new servers will open up today, but not tomorrow?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks, just wanted to let you all know that we will be opening up more servers today. I also wanted to remind everyone that the opening of origin servers for free character transfers is now in the fine-tuning stage. We will be monitoring server populations and seeing how they stabilize. What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us.

Well, poop. Hopefully, The Razor is one or the other today because people have begun preparations for the 'just in case' moving. (Also, the waiting is driving me to drink...more diet coke)

Thanks for keeping us updated!

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable for servers that still have not been opened up for transfer to have to continue to wait. With the player base remaining, everyone should be consolidated onto the 2 servers per coast of each type. The majority of the player base does not care about queues, we care about being able to play the game with people. This is an MMO after all.

Regards,

KK

So what exactly does it mean, Joveth, when you say "you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next"? There are still a lot of servers in NA (for example) that have consistently low population and need to merged sooner, rather than later, to avoid losing more subscribers.

Plus, to my knowledge, Belgoth's Beacon was one of the launch servers where guilds were directed to start the game during the guild launch phase. Why do we have to wait so long for any kind of transfers to appear?

Thank you in advance.

Into the next week ? Thanks, guess thats another week behind where I can't get any pvp dailies or weeklies done, while everybody else new on fatman finaly gets to progress. We are no lab rats to experiment on here.

Yeah, this is looking worse and worse.

Now I'm wondering if they'll ever offer transfers for some servers. Hmmm. Not good, not good at all. The news is disappointing.

Perhaps now Bioware can tell us their intentions of whether or not they plan to offer transfers for ALL North American servers or not (regardless of origin or destination)?

So what you are saying is that you might not allow transfers that haven't been allowed to transfer yet until early next week? You do realize how dead some of the remaining servers are right? Also how unfair it is to give the other servers an advantage by transferring first allowing them to get the names they want and recruit more players to their guilds? Do you realize how mad that is going to make people if their server does not show up on the list this week while other people are enjoying their new servers?

Edited by Berezo

Your delusional. So the rest of us sitting on dead servers are SoL till you deem it's appropriate next week or the week after ? So the masses can sit here and hang on every update or lack thereof. This is unbelievable.

But there are still many many many light servers left, how can you be in a fine-tuning stage when there are 19 East Coast PvP servers left with light pop. That logic doesn't sound right. I could understand if you had <10 and you REALLY needed to place them in the right spot, but isn't this a little soon?

Exactly what I thought would happen: Infinity Gate -> Prophecy of the Five instead of fatman, where most people have rolled alts.. Just wonderful. But, oh well. Thanks, I guess.

Welcome to where I rerolled >=D

well wonderful...so apparently you are saving Port Nowhere for last...thanks I didn't want any of my character names anyways they were overrated now I can just make my character named Butthurt and cry in fleet all day just like I do here on the forums.