Delays are gone!

ShadowMasterRP

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the people posting here saying "this and that still doesn't work" clearly are not aware that the changes mentioned are usually in reference to whats going on in the TEST SERVERS, servers that are running a newer version of the game for TESTING purposes. So read a couple posts and know what thread you are actually posting in before you do so.

I even see it working both ways, people are saying "OH YEH ITS TOTALLY FIXED!" when really they don't have a clue and are just puttering along on a version of the game that isnt supposed to have the fixes yet.

Please, it doesn't help anyone to post ******** comments that only help to confuse the few people from BioWare who actually read this.

/endrant

Since 1.1.0b, I've noticed animation stuttering when using skills. If I try to use just about anything, Blade Storm, Force Sweep, Hilt Strike, etc., the animation stutters, showing the first 0.25 s or so of the animation 2-3 times before following through (for instance, Blade Storm looks like I do two Hilt Strikes before finally following through with the entire swing) and completing the entire animation. It also appears to be making things LESS responsive than prior to the patch. I hope this issue will be resolved soon.

As you guys have noticed (and probably read in the patch notes), one major part of our series of ability delay improvements was patched onto the live servers with the maintenance last night (patch 1.1.0b). We decided that the improvements seen with this fix were significant enough for us to roll this patch out as quickly as possible instead of waiting for the next scheduled patch.

Your feedback from the servers so far indicates that this change has had dramatic, positive impact on combat gameplay.

That said, we're not done improving combat responsiveness!

• As mentioned in my blog a few days ago, there are some additional fixes currently on our public test server as part of patch 1.1.1, which will roll out as soon as we're satisfied with that patch.

• We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.

• We're looking into improving the accuracy of cast bars. Their behavior should already be significantly improved with today's patch, but we believe there is still room to improve.

• We're also working on improvements to the responsiveness of individual ability animations, including faction specific timing differences and issues where shortening an ability activation time does not properly shorten it's animation.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback on this issue, it has been vital to us in identifying and resolving this situation.

Regards

Georg

Delays are not gone. I was PvPing last night and Delays were still in full effect.

I've noticed considerable improvement in delays and my ability to time spells.

1. The cooldown timers now, for the most part, are accurately reflecting the cooldowns on my abilities. They were not doing so before the patch.

2. With few exceptions my instants go off, well instantly so long as the global cooldown is over.

I haven't had an issue someone mentioned earlier with freezing, stuning, etc. on my characters. I am still having some video glitches etc.

Most of the people I've talked to have reported significant improvement, even my son an avid PvPer who was ready to quit is now hanging in there to see if the improvements continue.

I have had the game lockup once or twice, usually when I first log in.

I have been setting the process priority on the two SWTOR processes to above normal.

I wouldn't say all of the ability delay is fixed.. I still have issues on my marauder, but not as much as I did. My assassin also never had much of a problem, or at least I didn't think she did but I noticed improvements on her as well.

Of course Bioware did say there was more than one issues causing the delays and they fixed some of the problem, not all.

And of course there are going to be people who exaggerate and say it didn't get fixed at all simply because they still notice it's happening. Ignoring that it may not be happening as often or as severely. Because that's what these forums are all about over-exaggeration.

In all I'm impressed they got as much of it that they did fix, just make sure you keep working on it Bioware and get the whole thing fixed.

Edited by HavenAE

Though there are little improvement to overall responsiveness, as a Jedi Shadow, Kinetic Ward and Mind Snap are still affected by delays and sometimes you need to press them 5 or 6 times before they even go off, which for Mind Snap in particular (being an interupt), is kinda useless. Edited by Kemorand

Still as bad as ever.

Stand around in Fleet / non-srs situation: Cloaking Screen + Evasion can be activated back to back, instantly.

In combat in WZ, Cloaking Screen may or may not activate. If CS activates, Evasion sure as hell will not activate for another good few seconds. Which is enough for any dot to tick and unstealth me again.

(Operative Healer, and CS is pretty much my only working lifeline. Except it doesn't work.)

Suppose that's one of the things that is still on the 1.1.1 patch, then... hopefully. :jawa_redface:

Edited by Youmu

Delays are not gone. I was PvPing last night and Delays were still in full effect.

WOW

What great feedback!!!!!

You should have been on the BETA testing with the amount of information you give what a fountain of valid constructive information

Much like my own reply

WOW

What great feedback!!!!!

You should have been on the BETA testing with the amount of information you give what a fountain of valid constructive information

Much like my own reply

Yeh, because like nobody noticed in beta or told them. There weren't threads all over the place discussing it and it wasn't submitted through ingame bug reports a gazilion times. No, they never heard of it, they're genuinely shocked and they're expecting to find the details of this never-before-heard problem through this thread.

Bioware... I had a thread saying that this issue was NOT fixed... you closed that one claiming there was already a thread on THAT issue... redirecting my to a thread called "delays are gone"...

You guys take the cake, seriously.

While I agree that the title should be changed the fact is this is the main thread on the subject of changes concerning the combat fluidity after the last patch. And as such this is the thread you should post your experience regarding this issue.

sight.. if ppl realy had the time to read stuff they say they improve on this issue of ability delay, but there is still room for improvement. Meaning they didnt fix it completely but its way better then it was.

In some areas where the game is more taxing on hardware WZ etc, there is still this issue but not as before mind you.

Correct.

The speeder issue is a separate problem (the cast bar is client anticipated and therefore not reflecting the state of the server) that will be handled as a separate fix in the near future.

It would be easy enough to give the client the "benefit of the doubt" on certain things in order to keep things like that from happening in the future.

This would also help with things like the MGGS issues.