Even bad players deserve rewards for effort.

BRKMSN

I know they changed some things a couple months ago to keep players from entering warzones just to hide and collect free comms without having actually played in the match. But now, there are genuine effort competitors that either don't have experience, expertise, or the gear to be of much help. They need to earn warzone comms to improve their gear, yet they are always at a risk to not earn a medal during the WZ, even if they achieve certain objectives. A good premade team can usually make quick work of a random grouped team from a queue. Throw in a couple noobs and it's a lock. Sometimes people know they won't get anything and they quit the group and another queued player pops in only to get nothing for wasting his or her time trying to improve a hopeless cause.

There is something seriously still wrong here. I hope the devs find a way to fix this, because it is preventing some players from wanting to play warzones at all. It also reflects on the game in general when you try to have fun, but are sucker punched at the end. If the winning team is getting extra rewards for finishing a warzone early, then it is obvious the match was unbalanced and the losers shouldn't walk away thinking "why even bother ..." simply because they were deprived of XP, WZ Comms, valor, etc. ... for doing their best.

No just No.

Recruit gear is FREE. You can get 5+ medals for doing nothing by just standing on a node or by the door or hiting the ball carrier a few times.

There is absolutly no excuse to not get at least several medals let alone 1.

Come on, if you just stand there guarding the one turret your team has in Civil War you'll get 4+ medals. If you're a DPS who can taunt then it's a CHALLENGE to get less than 8 medals in any game. Even if the opposition wipes the floor with your team. Edited by Siorac

I know they changed some things a couple months ago to keep players from entering warzones just to hide and collect free comms without having actually played in the match. But now, there are genuine effort competitors that either don't have experience, expertise, or the gear to be of much help. They need to earn warzone comms to improve their gear, yet they are always at a risk to not earn a medal during the WZ, even if they achieve certain objectives. A good premade team can usually make quick work of a random grouped team from a queue. Throw in a couple noobs and it's a lock. Sometimes people know they won't get anything and they quit the group and another queued player pops in only to get nothing for wasting his or her time trying to improve a hopeless cause.

There is something seriously still wrong here. I hope the devs find a way to fix this, because it is preventing some players from wanting to play warzones at all. It also reflects on the game in general when you try to have fun, but are sucker punched at the end. If the winning team is getting extra rewards for finishing a warzone early, then it is obvious the match was unbalanced and the losers shouldn't walk away thinking "why even bother ..." simply because they were deprived of XP, WZ Comms, valor, etc. ... for doing their best.

If we're rewarding failure, might as well give the higher ups that screwed up Warhammer and TOR another MMO project while we're at it. O.o

No. You can be god awful and get 10 medals. If you can't even get *ONE* from the very start of the match then you deserve a debuff that prevents you from queuing for 24 hours.

You can be a reasonably decent player and get 0 medals by being in recruit gear against a full war hero team that keeps you stunned and dead the entire game because you're a free kill, and you didn't happen to get a crit of more than 2k against them in the one shot you had per life to do SOMETHING.

Not all failures in life or in games are due to personal badness, sometimes the other team is just that good.

Edited by Leiralei

Actually, if you stick to the objectives, you don't always earn medals in a warzone. If you play just for the medals as your objective, the team is worse for it. That is my argument. All I propose is a better system for rewarding effort. This isn't about elitism or "help, help, I'm being repressed!"

It's stupid, IMO, that you can try and even be awarded objective points for doing the right things, but still get no post match reward in XP, comms, credits and valor.

You guys crack me up --- seems like a few of you are afraid of possible future competeition and would rather discourage new players from keeping warzones popping during the duration of this game. We all look forward to forced mergers of the remaining servers some day and the ensuing 35-45 minute queue times.

Actually, if you stick to the objectives, you don't always earn medals in a warzone. If you play just for the medals as your objective, the team is worse for it. That is my argument. All I propose is a better system for rewarding effort. This isn't about elitism or "help, help, I'm being repressed!"

It's stupid, IMO, that you can try and even be awarded objective points for doing the right things, but still get no post match reward in XP, comms, credits and valor.

You guys crack me up --- seems like a few of you are afraid of possible future competeition and would rather discourage new players from keeping warzones popping during the duration of this game. We all look forward to forced mergers of the remaining servers some day and the ensuing 35-45 minute queue times.

I agree with you in principal but like some many before have said, it is really hard to not get ONE medal. Unless of course you're a back-fill from a quitter. I can say with a clear conscience that I have NEVER played a full match and not received at least one medal, although I have been teamed with people who have. It should be so rare as to be a non-issue. It was one thing before mergers where you could conceivably play against the same team 5-10 times in a row, but now?

You can be a reasonably decent player and get 0 medals by being in recruit gear against a full war hero team that keeps you stunned and dead the entire game because you're a free kill, and you didn't happen to get a crit of more than 2k against them in the one shot you had per life to do SOMETHING.

Not all failures in life or in games are due to personal badness, sometimes the other team is just that good.

No you really can't. I'm serious. I've fully BM'd 6 characters at level 50 now and I've never, ever, ever not gotten a medal, except one time that I joined *right* as the warzone was ending before I even got out of the spawn. Either I'm a pro (I'm not) or it's just really not that hard.

Edited by dcgregorya

Survival of the fittest. Thought since this is a game players can actually get better if they try, and this game is so dumbed down playing a class such as the marauder is pretty easy even with alot of buttons to press.

pvp has no weekly lock so people can grind gear until they have their mods/enhancements min/max

No you really can't. I'm serious. I've fully BM'd 6 characters at level 50 now and I've never, ever, ever not gotten a medal, except one time that I joined *right* as the warzone was ending before I even got out of the spawn. Either I'm a pro (I'm not) or it's just really not that hard.

You can if you stick to the objectives and put the team ahead of personal gain. If you play for medals --- great for you ... but there are some people out there that concentrate on doing what needs to be done for the team to have a chance even when it's futile. Like it or not, it does happen.

Is getting no medals common? Not for good players obviously, but nobody just jumps in and is good vs premade Warlord teams using voice chat. Losing is fine and part of the process, but there is no reason why someone that does accomplish objectives in a WZ should not have at least 1 medal since medals are all important.

No. You can be god awful and get 10 medals. If you can't even get *ONE* from the very start of the match then you deserve a debuff that prevents you from queuing for 24 hours.

LOL!!!! love it :D

Edited by Egalatae

You can if you stick to the objectives and put the team ahead of personal gain. If you play for medals --- great for you ... but there are some people out there that concentrate on doing what needs to be done for the team to have a chance even when it's futile. Like it or not, it does happen.

Is getting no medals common? Not for good players obviously, but nobody just jumps in and is good vs premade Warlord teams using voice chat. Losing is fine and part of the process, but there is no reason why someone that does accomplish objectives in a WZ should not have at least 1 medal since medals are all important.

The only times I ever see someone get no medals, if they are a back fill for a quitter with 1 min left in the game. Those guys, i think got shafted and should get something for wasting their time in queue.

No. A dps in recruit gear can and will hit over 2.5k, no problem. A healer in recruit will heal over 2.5k no problem. Someone who has the skill to taunt can throw one AOE taunt and get the basic guard medal, no problem.

I don't know what you think is happening in WZs, but I can tell you in absolute certainty that what you describe is not happening. And if you are not getting any medals in a WZ, stop thinking about gear and start thinking that you are not a decent player. You need to learn a bit more on how to play your class and look around more often in WZs. Look what your teammates are doing, and look what enemy is doing. If you actually can't get any medals, obviously you need to learn your class a bit more. Stick around your teammates and try to copy what they are doing, that might give you some idea.

• Dev Post
Hello everyone. We have had to remove several posts from this thread for rudeness and inappropriate content. Please remember to be respectful to other community members when posting, regardless of whether or not you agree with their opinions. Furthermore, please keep in mind that real-world political discussions do not belong on the forums, as they are volatile and derail threads. Thank you for your understanding!

What are you talking about? Attack the enemy ball carrier - medal. Pass the ball - medal. Defend a point - medal. Attack a point - medal. Heal someone - medal. Taunt enemy to reduce their damage - medal. Guard someone - medal. Kill someone - medal. Plant a bomb - medal. Defuse a bomb - medal. Sticking to the objectives is exactly how you *GET* medals.

Edited by dcgregorya

What are you talking about? Attack the enemy ball carrier - medal. Pass the ball - medal. Defend a point - medal. Attack a point - medal. Heal someone - medal. Taunt enemy to reduce their damage - medal. Guard someone - medal. Kill someone - medal. Plant a bomb - medal. Defuse a bomb - medal. Sticking to the objectives is exactly how you *GET* medals.

You're talking about medal farming. I'm talking about objectives. You can actually do things and rack up objective points and still not get medals. That is what I am saying.

This topic was made so I can get my opinion to the devs about the current setup. A good player on a winning team gets 125 WZ comms +MVP votes. A good player on a losing team gets considerably less. A bad player (starting out) may play the whole game and still get absolutely nothing for it. IMO, this is still TOR and that bad player is still building that character and they should still get some comms, valor, credits and XP at the end for their time invested --- even if it is a small amount. There is no reason for blanks across the board. Let them grind low numbers while they suck, but at least give them a reason to stick to the grind.

You're talking about medal farming. I'm talking about objectives. You can actually do things and rack up objective points and still not get medals. That is what I am saying.

This topic was made so I can get my opinion to the devs about the current setup. A good player on a winning team gets 125 WZ comms +MVP votes. A good player on a losing team gets considerably less. A bad player (starting out) may play the whole game and still get absolutely nothing for it. IMO, this is still TOR and that bad player is still building that character and they should still get some comms, valor, credits and XP at the end for their time invested --- even if it is a small amount. There is no reason for blanks across the board. Let them grind low numbers while they suck, but at least give them a reason to stick to the grind.

So when you kill the enemy ball carrier, as he's trying to score, that's medal farming? No, it's playing the damn objectives. And you get medals for that. If you're not getting any medals you need to really consider what you think it is you're contributing to the match.

So when you kill the enemy ball carrier, as he's trying to score, that's medal farming? No, it's playing the damn objectives. And you get medals for that. If you're not getting any medals you need to really consider what you think it is you're contributing to the match.

Once again. Suppose a mixed group of novice WZ players is playing vs a premade team when a queue pops. It starts as a romp. A couple players quit. You have 6 vs a full premade that happens to be a good team --- how will you kill the ballcarrier if the premade is playing the way you are supposed to?

I totally get what you are saying, but the unfortunate reality is that some people are behind the curve and when the game balance is tilted heavily in favor of the good team in a WZ, the opportunity for medals can disappear rapidly.

I am in no way arguing that bad players should be given handouts for nothing, but that there is a certain time investment where small compensation should be awarded for participating. Enough to encourage players to stick to the grind and learn and get better. The rest of us gain nothing if more and more people lose interest because they feel "it's just not worth it."

This is my opinion. I think it's in the best interest of this game to promote PvP however they can and not to discourage inexperienced players from jumping in.

Once again. Suppose a mixed group of novice WZ players is playing vs a premade team when a queue pops. It starts as a romp. A couple players quit. You have 6 vs a full premade that happens to be a good team --- how will you kill the ballcarrier if the premade is playing the way you are supposed to?

I totally get what you are saying, but the unfortunate reality is that some people are behind the curve and when the game balance is tilted heavily in favor of the good team in a WZ, the opportunity for medals can disappear rapidly.

I am in no way arguing that bad players should be given handouts for nothing, but that there is a certain time investment where small compensation should be awarded for participating. Enough to encourage players to stick to the grind and learn and get better. The rest of us gain nothing if more and more people lose interest because they feel "it's just not worth it."

This is my opinion. I think it's in the best interest of this game to promote PvP however they can and not to discourage inexperienced players from jumping in.

Of course they can because face rolling and stomping the crap out of everyone is what keeps PvPers playing. Maybe they should add a forfeit vote and if everyone on the team agrees then the loosing team gets a medal or no medals, but have it count for the daily and the winning team gets 8 medals.