It's a sad day today...

Approbate

To finally come to the realization that this game is STILL in a sorry, broken, state as it was when it was released on Dec 20, 2011. I've seen bugs today that existed from when the game was released 2717 DAYS AGO! EA/Bioware, you could not find the time, in 2717 days, to fix these things? I hope you go out of business. SOON!

To finally come to the realization that this game is STILL in a sorry, broken, state as it was when it was released on Dec 20, 2011. I've seen bugs today that existed from when the game was released 2717 DAYS AGO! EA/Bioware, you could not find the time, in 2717 days, to fix these things? I hope you go out of business. SOON!

Which bug triggered this post today?

lel, EA is the "masses" game company, they cater to obsessive consumer market, need everything now regardless of cost, and then when a game is done they have 4 more lined up for to swap to, meanwhile they disband the company that failed them and call it a day.

in other words... they cater to the grand majority of gamers in 2019 and until the majority is no longer accepting teens with moms credit card nothing will change.

Perhaps you missed the memo, but the game had thousands of bugs. Fixing them all would make it impossible to make new content, so they prioritized.

With that said, you are wrong. They have fixed a lot of stuff. My main gripe with the game back then was the ghost GCD bug. That bug actively impacted gameplay. It has been since fixed, wich is why i am back. Combat feels much nicer.

Now bugs from leveling planets, as long as they aren't game breaking... i don't really care. The present day game isn't that content anymore and there's more pressing bugs that needs fixing and are being fixed.

If that is all it takes to tick you off, well... brace yourself.

Edited by Nemmar

I don't know what bug triggered this, but I can definitely understand the frustration. The bug where players show up in cutscenes is probably the most annoying one that still hasn't been fixed.

It can be quite immersion-breaking when you're trying to enjoy the cutscene and random players come out of nowhere. It's particularly bad on starter planets and areas of new content after a patch.

I'm sure many will remember this fine example:

Edited by Drenovade

They had their resources and attention on another project for the past 6 years, you might have heard of it... called Anthem?

I for one would like to hear of these bugs that have been here since launch.

I've been here since launch, continually playing. I know of none. (keep in mind, game/engine limitations (ex. stuck on terrain) are not bugs)

The claim that the game is just as broken as back then is just hyperbolic nonsense. Plenty of annoyances to be sure, but no where near as bad as right at launch.

Bugs were, are and will be in any game. The most important thing is how the Devs deal with the bugs. The most critical things have mostly been dealt with and some annoying issues have been removed over time. So overall with how the situation is and how limited Bioware was I think its still remarkable where the game is now.

Perhaps you missed the memo, but the game had thousands of bugs. Fixing them all would make it impossible to make new content, so they prioritized..

And still reduced new content to a minimum in favour of prioritising the Store.

All The Best

Well, since a new EXPANSION comes out in SEPTEMBER I think you still have to wait for this to happen FOR A WHILE!

Edited by Phazonfreak

You know, bugs aren't easy things you can magically fix. It's not like you have a game, and the developers just have to press a "fix bug" button.

Bugs are often complicated because the source can be difficult to pinpoint, and altering the problematic code can (and likely will) lead to a host of new problems.

For very minor bugs, it's often best to just let them be.

I'd love to know what bugs you were experiencing, too; this game is certainly buggy, but I've never had anything ruin my play experience.

You know, bugs aren't easy things you can magically fix. It's not like you have a game, and the developers just have to press a "fix bug" button.

Bugs are often complicated because the source can be difficult to pinpoint, and altering the problematic code can (and likely will) lead to a host of new problems.

For very minor bugs, it's often best to just let them be.

I'd love to know what bugs you were experiencing, too; this game is certainly buggy, but I've never had anything ruin my play experience.

You are corrrect up to a point.. but some of them are seriously annoying. I really don't think we need to list them all (don't have that kind of time on my hands really).. BUT there are some that really do become what many would call "quality control" issues. And IMO ... EA really should allow BW a bit larger budget to try to squash to larger ones and really help give a bit of confidence to the rest of the community at large.

I do agree that some of the smaller ones .. yeah I get that. Some times better to leave alone ! But there are several that without question need some attention. It should be noted that the people who do the work... are doing what they are told to do. So someone waaaaaaaaay up the food chain in EA/BW needs to show some kindness to the staff of BW and to the SWTOR community and allocate some extra cash to bug squashing.

But... I thought everyone quit because the game was too easy... /hide

I've been around, off and on, for quite a while now, and I have yet to experience any game breaking bugs. The closest I got was crashing to the desktop yesterday when trying to go to Alderaan. I'm going to blame that on event that transpire 3000 years later, sort of like I did with the lag there. The planet knows what's coming, and it's getting revenge...

But... I thought everyone quit because the game was too easy... /hide

ummm actually the mass exodus began with the KotFE / ET realm. People were really pissed ! IMO .. I kind of liked both ...

We lost a lot over how the entire companion status was handled... Everyone lost ALL companions. Back in those days we had to "build" their specs.. soooo all of that was wiped out as well. A lot of work and lot of credits ... gone ... Just simply gone.

Then PvP got screwed up big time ... That didn't exactly help out much (can't imagine why)...

Well ... back to a thumb nail sketch of stuff... frankly we gained some new companions and managed to limp along. Some of it good... some of it not so good.

Companions we gained:

Theron

Lana

and if you were LS we also gained HK-55 (please don't go there.. one thread on this is enough)

We also gained Gault / Vette

Senya ... and more

I left for a while in the middle of this. So many were so bitter..

Grinding for gear ... that got messed up as well.

OK... then came the return ...back to the original Kill the Jedi format (my personal title ) ... and some are coming back. Well some don't like the new format.

At this point I'm not argueing right or wrong.. Just what got thigs started.

Some of it was bad .. some things we gained were good. I just hope when all the crap settels down we can get back to having fun again..

** Wheather you do PvP or not.. It MUST be returned to where it's fun again ! And there are a couple really good threads on this right now !

** Companions ... need to be returned to where they were a part of the game again ... and a lot of fun. Again several good threads .. some with good suggestions too !

** PvE .. a good balance with good content ... and plenty of it ... hopefully with a few less bugs.

** Strongholds ... yeah .. kind of need a little help too ... a lot of good suggestions out there as well.

At any rate.. A lot to do that can be turned into a lot of good. We can always focus on the negative and tear down stuff that's easy ... BUILDING things UP ... That's another matter.

Just my opinion ..

You are corrrect up to a point.. but some of them are seriously annoying. I really don't think we need to list them all (don't have that kind of time on my hands really).. BUT there are some that really do become what many would call "quality control" issues. And IMO ... EA really should allow BW a bit larger budget to try to squash to larger ones and really help give a bit of confidence to the rest of the community at large.

I do agree that some of the smaller ones .. yeah I get that. Some times better to leave alone ! But there are several that without question need some attention. It should be noted that the people who do the work... are doing what they are told to do. So someone waaaaaaaaay up the food chain in EA/BW needs to show some kindness to the staff of BW and to the SWTOR community and allocate some extra cash to bug squashing.

I really would like to know these bugs, though.

I've played since beta. I haven't had any bugs that would reach that serious level, so if they're things that happen, I'd like to at least know what they are.

And I mean, yeah, there should be a bigger budget and more staff allotted to this game. It isn't a thing that we can control, and whining on the forums won't bring that about.

ummm actually the mass exodus began with the KotFE / ET realm. People were really pissed ! IMO .. I kind of liked both ...

We lost a lot over how the entire companion status was handled... Everyone lost ALL companions. Back in those days we had to "build" their specs.. soooo all of that was wiped out as well. A lot of work and lot of credits ... gone ... Just simply gone.

Then PvP got screwed up big time ... That didn't exactly help out much (can't imagine why)...

Well ... back to a thumb nail sketch of stuff... frankly we gained some new companions and managed to limp along. Some of it good... some of it not so good.

Companions we gained:

Theron

Lana

and if you were LS we also gained HK-55 (please don't go there.. one thread on this is enough)

We also gained Gault / Vette

Senya ... and more

I left for a while in the middle of this. So many were so bitter..

Grinding for gear ... that got messed up as well.

OK... then came the return ...back to the original Kill the Jedi format (my personal title ) ... and some are coming back. Well some don't like the new format.

At this point I'm not argueing right or wrong.. Just what got thigs started.

Some of it was bad .. some things we gained were good. I just hope when all the crap settels down we can get back to having fun again..

** Wheather you do PvP or not.. It MUST be returned to where it's fun again ! And there are a couple really good threads on this right now !

** Companions ... need to be returned to where they were a part of the game again ... and a lot of fun. Again several good threads .. some with good suggestions too !

** PvE .. a good balance with good content ... and plenty of it ... hopefully with a few less bugs.

** Strongholds ... yeah .. kind of need a little help too ... a lot of good suggestions out there as well.

At any rate.. A lot to do that can be turned into a lot of good. We can always focus on the negative and tear down stuff that's easy ... BUILDING things UP ... That's another matter.

Just my opinion ..

I was here for a lot of that, I was just making a snide remark about another thread. :D I've read that the mass exodus out before F2P was based more on no end game content, that the game was too easy, and that there were way too many bugs. It's likely that all have some contribution, but it varies from thread to thread which was the "primary" reason.

My comps used to be better geared than some of the guildmates I had at the time... At least the main ones were, until the Yavin 4 gear released, then they all had good gear. Which was, of course, wiped out with 4.0, I think. At least the comp gear was repurposed into character gear, and I did keep a set for each archetype, tank, healer and dps. In fact, sorting through some cargo holds the other day, I found a lot of that gear just hiding out...

I was here for a lot of that, I was just making a snide remark about another thread. :D I've read that the mass exodus out before F2P was based more on no end game content, that the game was too easy, and that there were way too many bugs. It's likely that all have some contribution, but it varies from thread to thread which was the "primary" reason.

My comps used to be better geared than some of the guildmates I had at the time... At least the main ones were, until the Yavin 4 gear released, then they all had good gear. Which was, of course, wiped out with 4.0, I think. At least the comp gear was repurposed into character gear, and I did keep a set for each archetype, tank, healer and dps. In fact, sorting through some cargo holds the other day, I found a lot of that gear just hiding out...

YUP ! again we agree !

:eek:

What's up with that ??

:D

Edited by OlBuzzard