Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

EricMusco

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that being said, here is the initial list!

Sorcerer // Sage

Marauder // Sentinel

Juggernaut // Guardian

Sniper // Gunslinger

Operative // Scoundrel

I'm sure it has been mentioned before on one of the 15 pages, but:

The commando changes look really promising! Good job!

Soon you will finally find me in the ranked tables, because all ranked teams already contacted me with recruiting requests - now, with commandos finally being competitive in PvP.

Oh, wait...

If you nerf marauder you have one subscriber less, im just quit this game and feeding you because stupid people dont deserve for feeding. So go ahead nerf mara and you can suck me:)

Let's check how you did...

Insult devs intelligence? check.

Include "or I quit" ultimatum? check.

Propose physically demeaning action for devs to take once you leave? check.

Unfortunately you've neglected one ingredient, which is a forecast of the future doom coming to this game, leaving your batch of QQ tears somewhat bland and uninspired.

Let's check how you did...

Insult devs intelligence? check.

Include "or I quit" ultimatum? check.

Propose physically demeaning action for devs to take once you leave? check.

Unfortunately you've neglected one ingredient, which is a forecast of the future doom coming to this game, leaving your batch of QQ tears somewhat bland and uninspired.

Well im quit it already and im very happy:) And you feed them and feed and they give you nothing. GL with that game

I'm not sure about the scouperative changes but they're at the same time nothing I'm going to get upset about until I've tried both the dps and heal specs in 2.7. The changes do not feel as drastic as when sorcs/sages got nerfed in steps, I really hated those from the moment I heard about them. My engineer is going to be better in PvP and my sage will have more consistency so I'm allaround satisfied although it wasnt the changes I would have asked for. Still beats the hell out of the pushback "buff" sages got in 2.6, that was just silly. Edited by MidichIorian

I ain't gona renew my sub after this, nerfing OS and buffing Operative // Scoundrel yea nice ide there ! taking complains and make a decision from that or is it just a warm up for the nerf hammer. as Operative // Scoundrel

dps didn't do enough dps with their sneak/behind attacks.

Well its your loss not mine, some other online game gona get a new subber, hoper u devs are happy now !

Been subber sins start btw

Edited by Hippis

I'm confused.

"Andryah"

"EAndryah"

"Andriah"

What's going on?

I'm guessing that EAndryah is simply tortanic's latest alt. The posting style and frequency is too similar. But don't worry, this alt will get banned as well. Of course if Bioware would simply fix the broken referral link issue, we wouldn't have to deal with this at all.

Hey folks!

As you may have seen me mention yesterday, our goal today was to post some of the class changes that are coming in Game Update 2.7. Below you will find links to individual threads for each class that is currently receiving changes in 2.7. I want to stress that this is not a comprehensive list of all of the class changes coming in 2.7. As the Combat team continues their work and more changes are implemented, I will be sure to pass them on. With that being said, here is the initial list!

Sorcerer // Sage

Marauder // Sentinel

Juggernaut // Guardian

Sniper // Gunslinger

Operative // Scoundrel

One thing to keep in mind is that Game Update 2.7 marks the end of Season 1 of Ranked Arenas. You will notice quite a few of these changes are targetted at PvP specifically, it is our goal that you will typically see "bigger" Class PvP changes between seasons. On the topic of seasons, it is our goal that either tomorrow or early next week we will be publishing a blog with all of the nitty gritty details around the end of Season 1. You will get to see the rewards we have planned for Season 1 and the ranks required to achieve them. I am very excited for you guys to see them.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Come on Eric,.. german,................................................................................................................................

Hey folks!

As you may have seen me mention yesterday, our goal today was to post some of the class changes that are coming in Game Update 2.7. Below you will find links to individual threads for each class that is currently receiving changes in 2.7. I want to stress that this is not a comprehensive list of all of the class changes coming in 2.7. As the Combat team continues their work and more changes are implemented, I will be sure to pass them on. With that being said, here is the initial list!

Sorcerer // Sage

Marauder // Sentinel

Juggernaut // Guardian

Sniper // Gunslinger

Operative // Scoundrel

One thing to keep in mind is that Game Update 2.7 marks the end of Season 1 of Ranked Arenas. You will notice quite a few of these changes are targetted at PvP specifically, it is our goal that you will typically see "bigger" Class PvP changes between seasons. On the topic of seasons, it is our goal that either tomorrow or early next week we will be publishing a blog with all of the nitty gritty details around the end of Season 1. You will get to see the rewards we have planned for Season 1 and the ranks required to achieve them. I am very excited for you guys to see them.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Guys it doesn't matter what any of us say, you all watch. Over the course of a number of months, with forums post and PTR post and feedback. These are the changes there will be it doesn't matter what we say.

As the Combat team continues their work and more changes are implemented, I will be sure to pass them on. With that being said, here is the initial list!

I promise the list and changes will be the exact same come the 2.7 launch date. It doesn't matter what we say. Why cant you just listen to your costumers.. why???

Guys it doesn't matter what any of us say, you all watch. Over the course of a number of months, with forums post and PTR post and feedback. These are the changes there will be it doesn't matter what we say.

Which is exactly why many people decide to throw in the towel than battle it out. Between now and 2.7, we'll see zero Dev interaction beyond a post or two informing us what's going to happen, rather than addressing any concerns from the playerbase.

Personally, I'd genuinely like to see something, either here or in the guardian/juggernaut forums, in regards to the total gutting of sweep/smash and the huge survivability nerf to vig/veng; when the class is already near bottom of the pile in ranked and only middle if the road in regs.

But, I know it won't happen. I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable nerf.

I agree. Once they put these out on the table we hardly EVER see them change.

If they are going to force the use of Hamster Ball (Force Barrier) then at least drop the cool down by 50% and the time up by 50% that would be realistic use. For 5 seconds and 1.5 min cool down that's pretty darn on par with other team member DCD's.

Edited by dscount

Nerf little buff nerf nerf nerf little buff nerf nerf.

I am totally disappointed. :(

Welcome to any PvE based MMO with PvP side/mini game using same builds and stats as PvE one.

I hate that from years, QQs from PvP community leading to constant messing with PvE game play.

Whole concept need some change... so balancing changes in both type of play can be done separately.

They already make 2 or 3 abilities that work differently in PvP and PvE... just have to continue to the end.

They already have issues with PvE and PvP stats mess (bolster mess on top) - they just need to remove PvP stats totally and go to % based instead of stat based damage/heal/resist calculations.

Edited by morfius

Always about PVP. I enjoyed classes being Diverse. But leave it to PVP to take what was left of the game make it more for themselves. PvE content was fine, but oh no, classes aren't balanced enough for PVP. I am getting so tired of every MMO basing everything around PVP. Some of us still enjoy PVE and hate with a passion PVP. But yet all these companies will side with the PVP player? I don't get it.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

We posted a new set of Class changes which are in addition to what we had talked about before. Below you will find links to each. Again, this is not a comprehensive list and we still have plans to likely make more changes!

Sorc // Sage

Marauder // Sentinel

Jugg // Guardian

Sniper // Gunslinger

Op // Scoundrel

-eric

Hey folks!

We posted a new set of Class changes which are in addition to what we had talked about before. Below you will find links to each. Again, this is not a comprehensive list and we still have plans to likely make more changes!

Sorc // Sage

Marauder // Sentinel

Jugg // Guardian

Sniper // Gunslinger

Op // Scoundrel

-eric

Two things:

1. Dayum, those nerfs

2. Commando/Mercenary changes?

Always about PVP. I enjoyed classes being Diverse. But leave it to PVP to take what was left of the game make it more for themselves. PvE content was fine, but oh no, classes aren't balanced enough for PVP. I am getting so tired of every MMO basing everything around PVP. Some of us still enjoy PVE and hate with a passion PVP. But yet all these companies will side with the PVP player? I don't get it.

It's not opposite day.....

• Dev Post
What about mercs and pts (and their respective mirror counterparts)???

Its been almost a whole month with nothing being said in regard to either one of these advanced classes.

We still intend to make changes to Mercenaries/Commandos in 2.7 but the Combat team is still working through them. As soon as I have concrete information I will pass it on!

-eric

We still intend to make changes to Mercenaries/Commandos in 2.7 but the Combat team is still working through them. As soon as I have concrete information I will pass it on!

-eric

Eric.

Could you please let us know if the numeric 1-100 UI ammo counter for commandos will be added in with 2.7?