Rediculous ammount of smuggler loot in OPs

It wouldn't be so bad if the loot system was changed so it couldn't drop 2-4 of the same class tokens on each boss.

Having a boss drop double smuggler loot when you have no or one smuggler sucks. If it drops 1 smuggler + something else it's not so bad.

We have the same problem with warrior loot in my 8 man guild. I was pretty much full rakata geared after a week, we still get double warrior drops. It should drop two different tokens each time never two the same.

Edited by Ezion

So, it seems that Biowares loot tables for OPs are stupidly bugged or broken. We are doing Hard modes EVs and KPs and are seeing multiple items for smuggler drop per boss. Im not talking about each boss dropping 1 smuggler item, im talking about each boss dropping ONLY smuggler loot.

Here's the thing, with 2 rakata drops per boss, and 4 classes, there are 16 possible combinations and 4 of those are double class drops. So there is some 25% chance to drop a double class drop so the fact that you're seeing this is not suprising in the least.

My guild sees a lot of double class drops and it's often for a class that isn't present in the raid. That said, they're addressing this already in 1.2.

Edited by ViperI

Suffice to say on 16man it took me 1 weekly cd to get a COMPLETE Rakata Enforcer's set for my Sawbones 0o.. going for the Fieldtech now. All our raids' smuggler-type companions are already full Rakata. We got 7 Sages/Shadows in the raid who see approx. the same percentage of Rakata pieces fall for them as there are for me and our Gunslinger. This has only become so after 1.1.5.

AFAIK there was a point in 1.2 notes that loot will be distributed strictly based off actual raid composition after next update, so it won't be an issue anymore, I guess..

Edit: lol should have read to the end of thread...

Edited by iFruit

Hello there,

We saw this thread and thought we would also link you to these changes below outlined in the 1.2 Patch Notes on the PTS. Hope you find the helpful!

The problem is this only keeps loot from dropping for a class that isn't in the raid group. It doesn't keep an imbalanced amount of gear dropping for certain classes. In hard mode and nightmare operations, the loot is still pre-determined to certain classes, i.e. a SI glove token or BH glove token. You can still have it tilting in favor of a certain class fairly consistently so that many of the raid team are still with only one rakata while those of another class type are taking duplicate drops because they've been swimming in drops because the tokens were almost always their class.

I like the generic gear token idea, where you can decide what player/class is going to get that piece this time, rather than doing all that work to end up not getting many people new pieces because the loot was pre-set to a class that didn't need it.

To the OP, we've actually had the opposite problem. We haven't seen a lot of IA gear.....mostly SI and BH gear. I've been in several hard mode EV runs on my sniper and only have the boots to show for it because every other time the drops were assigned to the SI or BH class.

I know this might seem a crazy idea but have you considered that you NOTICE the unneeded gear more than the stuff you give out to people? Because it's the stuff left over? It's your own fault for not making groups balanced equally between all classes!

I'm a Smuggler and have been in all my group's raids. Some Consulars have come along and got 3/5 Rakata in one run while me and my smuggler buddy are still stuck with 4 Columi. It's a RNG. Emphasis on R. Which stands for RANDOM.

Edited by Tom-Kat

I know this might seem a crazy idea but have you considered that you NOTICE the unneeded gear more than the stuff you give out to people? Because it's the stuff left over? It's your own fault for not making groups balanced equally between all classes!

I'm a Smuggler and have been in all my group's raids. Some Consulars have come along and got 3/5 Rakata in one run while me and my smuggler buddy are still stuck with 4 Columi. It's a RNG. Emphasis on R. Which stands for RANDOM.

lol, yeah, you are So right......people should be punished when they don't bring one of every class type to a raid. >_>

And, besides, after 1.2, it's not going to matter whether we have one of every class type, if you hadn't noticed. But it still won't keep the tokens from being assigned to classes that may not need the gear anymore, because in hard mode and nightmare mode, they will still be auto-assigned to certain classes. And if those classes already have all their Rakata, it will be wasted.

I wish people would stop spamming the RNG argument, it's old. Those of us in favor of general gear tokens know that it is currently Random, duh. It would just make it less frustrating and make more sense if we were able to decide who in our raid team was going to receive the drop, as opposed to BW deciding through the class-assignment. Does everyone like the Random system? Are those of us in favor of general gear tokens (that can be assigned to anyone) in the minority?