Any news of Dual spec?

Musclemary

The group finder has been a great addition but we still have the problem of where you can be waiting for literally hours for a tank or a healer. So far I have been able to mitigate this to some extent for my guilds by occassionaly jumping on alts, but I would dearly love to be able to have dual specs. I know BW said it was coming soon, but any updates on when "soon" is?

Kiper: My question is are you still considering some sort of dual talent option, and if so is there an ETA?

Austin: This is definitely a feature we hope to provide in the future, but we don't have any details to share at this time (including an ETA).

June 29th Q & A, You wont be seeing it for a good chunk of time.

*Raises hand* I have a question! I'm still kind of new to the whole MMO thing. What's Dual Spec? Is that like, the ability to use two classes or 2 advance classes? Or is it like 2 different spec trees?

Dual spec allows you to have 2 specs. These can be the same spec tree or different ones. Can't be used at the same time of course.

I just can't see how they can expect this game to go anywhere when they can't even add something as standard and simple as dual spec.

Probably because it's not really needed for this game.

I just can't see how they can expect this game to go anywhere when they can't even add something as standard and simple as dual spec.

Excuse me?? Standard?? It took 4 years for Blizz to add it to WOW.. This game will do just fine without dual spec.. Some people don't want it or even like it.. What is the point of having a spec or a talent tree if people can change their spec at will??

Blizzard by the way is removing the talent trees from WOW.. I wonder why.. :cool:

Excuse me?? Standard?? It took 4 years for Blizz to add it to WOW.. This game will do just fine without dual spec.. Some people don't want it or even like it.. What is the point of having a spec or a talent tree if people can change their spec at will??

Blizzard by the way is removing the talent trees from WOW.. I wonder why.. :cool:

No one had done it before WoW, kinda odd of you to beat down Blizzard for not inventing a never before seen system when the game launched. In this day and age, dual spec should be standard with MMOs that has talent trees. Simple as that.

Blizzard is removing the talent trees because they cba to balance things anymore, not that the game has ever been balanced in any way, more like they keep it that way just for the lulz.

Edited by Senatsu

I hope BW newer adopted dual spec,thet thing will ruin the game.When ewery one can do ewery thing,its usualy bad.We got bunch of bad tanks and ewen worst healers.;)

How will it ruin the game when you can respec in the field with legacy perks.

Dual spec won't change players who are bad tanks or healers and in my experience people who DPS rarely want to play healers as it's a different play style to damage roles.

My wife is a healer on her Sorc and yells at me about this everyday like I have some sort of control over it. I told her the best I can do is come here and QQ. So here I am. QQ. Please add dual spec...

Let's just say it will come within 5 years. Leaves BioWare more than enough room, I hope :p
The apparent mismanagement of this game prior to launch continues to blow me away. The Secret World launched last week, with full cutscenes and story dialogue similar to TOR's, but also with lots of other systems one would expect from a modern MMO. Unlike this game. Grrr. Edited by RolyartNala

Am I the only one that wonders why it is so hard to code a tab setting that lets you pick between specs? Rift has three different specs you can pick from not just two.
Rift has four, actually. You can unlock up to four spec options, meaning one toon could conceivably cover any role, if they had the bag space to tote all the extra gear around.

How will it ruin the game when you can respec in the field with legacy perks.

Dual spec won't change players who are bad tanks or healers and in my experience people who DPS rarely want to play healers as it's a different play style to damage roles.

Field repsec is different. For one it costs a lot to get the legacy and two it can cost a lot just to respec. These factors deter people from using the repspec system.

Second.. that's why they have the field respec, if you want to respec while you're out and about use it and pay for it. Dual spec not needed.

Rift has four, actually. You can unlock up to four spec options, meaning one toon could conceivably cover any role, if they had the bag space to tote all the extra gear around.

When I stopped playing it was just three. Nice to see it is up to four now.

Am I the only one that wonders why it is so hard to code a tab setting that lets you pick between specs? Rift has three different specs you can pick from not just two.

SWTOR isn't rift now isn't it? Two different games with two different themes, ideas, and purposes. Just because they're both MMOs does not mean the fundamentals and ideals of the game should be or are the same.

I dont just want dual spec. I want multi spec with the ability to have 3 or 4 specs. I know on my merc I could have a DPS and Healing spec for PVP and for PVE for a total of 4 specs.

Another benefit of dual or multi spec over respec is that when the specs are saved and you are able to switch between them it also saves the button layout for your abilities. Currently every time I respec I have to move abilities around.

Finally it would be nice if they added a gear manager along with multi spec so that we can swap gear much faster.

Edited by Lord_Nova