A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

It all depends on communication. If a couple of weeks prior to Makeb's realease, they bring this up, that this 50% bonus will be off, then it won't be a problem.

Communication is a powerful tool.

They wil post it.

They will sticky.

It will be ignored by the majority of players.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.

So, now you can't say they ignore us.

Thanks EA

prompt answer ???

Well, 8 days.. that's not what I call a prompt answer.

They had a prompt answer regarding the problemthat they tried to fixe with 2 patches on the 3 days following the 1.7 release.

Even if they finally agree on the problem and made a nice commercial gesture, you cannot say it was a prompt answer. If you mixed all different thread which were about the "repair cost" problem , there were something like 180 / 200 pages, 1500 people who posted their opinions and 100 000 viewers...

If EA had taken the same decision at 10% of all those figures it would have beenana prompt answer and reaction..but after 8 days sorry it's not.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.

See Guys? Unsubbing as well as making a hue and cry on the forums DOES work!

IN your face biodrones!! :D :D :D

PS: Thank you Joveth Gonzalez. This is most acceptable to me. I shall strongly consider re-subbing at the soonest and maybe even buy the RotHC now that you have released the patch notes. You have just made my day :)

Edited by BaronV

Dear Mr. JovethGonzalez,

This is the type of honest and straightforward response customers want to receive. You acknowledged the problem, apologized to your customer and explained how the development team intend to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Happy Customer

Agreed and very well put i must say!

Hi everyone,

Most Excellent

PS: Thank you Joveth Gonzalez. This is most acceptable to me. I shall strongly consider re-subbing at the soonest and maybe even buy the RotHC now that you have released the patch notes. You have just made my day :)

Just to clarify, anyone who did not give two craps about the upgraded repair costs, not defending that they should be in the game, but DIDN'T CARE AT ALL, and voiced it was called a biodrone, so obviously in our faces that they changed!!! Even though we didn't give a hoot to begin with. Good post.

Don't know if it was an experiment or not, but I figured they looked at metrics, seen huge decline in raiding over the weekend, had a huge batch of folks un-sub and the exit survey stated that repair costs was one of many reasons, they had no choice, I don't believe they did any of this for me and you they did it to save thier own bacon, and revenue.

But for what ever reason, I am glad they did in the end, they still have a lot to learn about customer service thats for sure.. :)

They were wrong again. This is consistant with past performance. I've been jerked around enough. I sincerly hope things improve for you and everyone sticking with the game but, for me, they have a year of my time and treasure and will get no more. Take care. :)

Edited by Urael

lol! Unsubbing FTW then? I give you all the credit for this change BaronV. You saved us all. :D

• Dev Post

Hi everyone! I just wanted to come in and discuss the two updates we did to repair costs with today's patch. These can both be found in the patch notes.

First, this update changed the way that repair costs are calculated for all modifiable gear. This update will definitely reduce repair costs that were increased with Game Update 1.7:

• Repair costs for modifiable gear will now calculate based only on the equipped mods.

In addition to this, we have made a temporary reduction across the board for repair costs. This reduction has been done to thank all of you for your patience as we worked on this situation.

• All repair costs have been reduced by 50% until Game Update 2.0.

It should be noted that after Game Update 2.0 repair costs will change again as we remove the 50% discount, but the change to modifiable gear calculations will remain. (To be clear, this means that after 2.0, repair costs will still be significantly lower than after Game Update 1.7.)

Hi everyone! I just wanted to come in and discuss the two updates we did to repair costs with today's patch. These can both be found in the patch notes.

First, this update changed the way that repair costs are calculated for all modifiable gear. This update will definitely reduce repair costs that were increased with Game Update 1.7:

• Repair costs for modifiable gear will now calculate based only on the equipped mods.

In addition to this, we have made a temporary reduction across the board for repair costs. This reduction has been done to thank all of you for your patience as we worked on this situation.

It should be noted that after Game Update 2.0 repair costs will change again as we remove the 50% discount, but the change to modifiable gear calculations will remain. (To be clear, this means that after 2.0, repair costs will still be significantly lower than after Game Update 1.7.)

I had been very unhappy with the increase in repair costs from 1.7. This is a good resolution, and I am a happy customer about this. :)

Personally I'm ambivalent about repair costs either way, though I feel for others who feel the pinch of high repair costs. The first mod calculation change is good, but I fail to see why the second temporary 50% reduction was implemented. Once people get used to this temporary discount they will not be happy when it's removed in 2.0. It should either be made permanent or removed immediately.

Thank you! :)

I'm wearing a million-credit vendor-purchased gear shell with level-appropriate components (no augments). Prices seem to be less than half what they were when 1.7 hit. I haven't done apples-to-apples yet though.

Do you plan to? If so, will you post the results?

Personally I'm ambivalent about repair costs either way, though I feel for others who feel the pinch of high repair costs. The first mod calculation change is good, but I fail to see why the second temporary 50% reduction was implemented. Once people get used to this temporary discount they will not be happy when it's removed in 2.0. It should either be made permanent or removed immediately.

This crossed my mind as well, however I think the reduction is the correct thing to do.

Why the reduction: They costed everyone a lot of credits during a time frame and they are trying to allow them a chance to recoop some of their losses.

Forum reaction: Will people qq when prices go up, probably, but you could give everyone of the forums a free pizza and a very vocal minority would find some reason to qq about it.

Do you plan to? If so, will you post the results?

I'll probably never be able to do apples-to-apples. My character with the expensive gear was level 29 when 1.7 rolled out and is 44 now. The pieces & parts inside that expensive armor are higher level and thus more valuable now than they were then.

However, if the cost is really not using the value of the shell, that should still be pretty evident next time I die... if I die... it doesn't happen often.

This crossed my mind as well, however I think the reduction is the correct thing to do.

Why the reduction: They costed everyone a lot of credits during a time frame and they are trying to allow them a chance to recoop some of their losses.

Forum reaction: Will people qq when prices go up, probably, but you could give everyone of the forums a free pizza and a very vocal minority would find some reason to qq about it.

What? Just a free pizza? But. but. I don't *like* pizza. What about meeeeeeee....

/sarcasm

I do expect to hear a bunch of 'my repairs went up 100%!!!' when 2.0 is released. Hopefully, the mods will just close and remove those threads immediately.

I have not tested this on my lvl 50s; haven't been raiding with them until this bug was resolved. However on my 37 Marauder, repair costs were running between 1k-3.7k on Monday for questing damage and maybe 1 death per 4 hour period.

Yesterday I didn't quite pay 300 credits for repair, so that's a significant change.

Yay.