PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

Those thinking that just adding more people will magically fix the problem need to remember that not all people PvP. And who is to say that people wont just roll on low pop servers to take place of this exploit?

Curious to see how BW handles this exploit that is seriously going to have level 50's by end of Day 1.

This particular exploit relies less on a lack of players than a specific way of "gaming the system" and making it give you experience. I don't know if I can say anything more than that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

So how fast is the team going to fix this, or just let max level exploit folks run around a few days in PVP ?

This particular exploit relies less on a lack of players than a specific way of "gaming the system" and making it give you experience. I don't know if I can say anything more than that.

Spot On!!!

Like buying an item from the vendor then seeling it back for more $$$.

It's an exploit. It's done on purpose. It involves more then just queuing for a warzone and by chance there isn't enough people the game closes. There is 2 extra steps to take to make sure you get into an underpopulated warzone. Sure there will be some by accident that reap the benefits, but the ones level 50 did not happen upon it by accident. They did do the two extra steps in order to make sure they didn't have 15-25 minute games.

Amazing, this person makes a very valid and clear point. This person is using their brains and know's what they're talking about. Not screaming "**** THIS IS SO BAD JESUS HELP USSSSS PLEASE THE GAME IS bURNING OMG OMG HELP WE WANT TO PLAY LET US IN YOU CANT KEEP US OUT FOREVER THIS ISN"T FAIR WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."

Obviously servers don't need to be rolled back. Obviously people who actually used this exploit should be banned. Obviously not whole servers being banned for just playing on the damn server not knowing what other people are doing. OBVIOUSLY.

Thank you redru.

And this is why I never wanted PVP to give out XP.

Oh well... BW needs to shut it down and fix it. Turning off the XP reward would stem the hemorrhaging. Then they need to nullify any XP received from PVP.

This is not fair to others that are not pvping or have access yet.

So, you never wanted there to be PVP XP because there was an unknown flaw in the system? :rolleyes:

And how is that? In a full server when somebody drops it gets replaced. In a dead server when somebody drops the warzone gets cancelled cause there is nobody to fill the gap.

As much as this sux...

complaining here does nothing. They are aware of it and will eventually fix it.

They aren't going to roll back.

They aren't going to ban.

ONLY thing you will be able to do personally as someone who gets in after the fact is to roll on a newly introduced server post patch.

Simple as that.

Those thinking that just adding more people will magically fix the problem need to remember that not all people PvP. And who is to say that people wont just roll on low pop servers to take place of this exploit?

Curious to see how BW handles this exploit that is seriously going to have level 50's by end of Day 1.

There is a reason why MMOs like WoW are using a cross-server PVP system.

The system needs to be adjusted to xp rewards calculated by time elapsed, team performance, and personal performace... Or removed entirely.

Amazing, this person makes a very valid and clear point. This person is using their brains and know's what they're talking about. Not screaming "**** THIS IS SO BAD JESUS HELP USSSSS PLEASE THE GAME IS bURNING OMG OMG HELP WE WANT TO PLAY LET US IN YOU CANT KEEP US OUT FOREVER THIS ISN"T FAIR WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."

Obviously servers don't need to be rolled back. Obviously people who actually used this exploit should be banned. Obviously not whole servers being banned for just playing on the damn server not knowing what other people are doing. OBVIOUSLY.

Thank you redru.

I dont agree with the people Bioware bashing in general.

I will say that the fact that people are able to stumble upon the exploit negates the fairness of bans. It's a little early for all of that anyway imo.

If they have the ability, wipe the lvl capped toons from the servers asap, flag all accounts with these capped toons, then email those accounts with warning that any further exploiting will result in bans.

Either way you cut it, banning players wouldnt be fair as some of them probably had no idea what was happening and just saw a bump in xp.

And how is that? In a full server when somebody drops it gets replaced. In a dead server when somebody drops the warzone gets cancelled cause there is nobody to fill the gap.

Could you not be trying any harder to figure out the exploit without actually saying "HEY I WANNA KNOW , TELL ME I WANNA KNOW HOW TO DO IT!" You don't know how to do it an dont need to, and it doesn't need an explanation unless to a CSR on how to fix it.

Could you not be trying any harder to figure out the exploit without actually saying "HEY I WANNA KNOW , TELL ME I WANNA KNOW HOW TO DO IT!" You don't know how to do it an dont need to, and it doesn't need an explanation unless to a CSR on how to fix it.

dorrick you are the only one person trolling here....

And this is why I never wanted PVP to give out XP.

Oh well... BW needs to shut it down and fix it. Turning off the XP reward would stem the hemorrhaging. Then they need to nullify any XP received from PVP.

This is not fair to others that are not pvping or have access yet.

ummm....no...

they need to fix the problem like they should have back in beta, they need to roll back the characters that have levels that dont match up with an honest Character play time ( Levels Earned : Character play time).

A full server restart isnt needed, banning people ( though as much as I would love to see the QQ for it) isnt really needed ( or it might be needed, im not the boss), and removing rewards from pvp isnt needed either.

Also people...please

Use common sense...If their is something in game ( or even in life) that has an effect other than whats intended, and you keep taking steps to make the unintended effect happen, your exploiting.

I dont agree with the people Bioware bashing in general.

I will say that the fact that people are able to stumble upon the exploit negates the fairness of bans. It's a little early for all of that anyway imo.

If they have the ability, wipe the lvl capped toons from the servers asap, flag all accounts with these capped toons, then email those accounts with warning that any further exploiting will result in bans.

Either way you cut it, banning players wouldnt be fair as some of them probably had no idea what was happening and just saw a bump in xp.

this depends on the rampant degree.

someone is up to 40th + level already and there is no way anyone over the age of 3 couldn't figure out it is an exploit and abusing an exploit will end with them leveled down at very least and i for one think it should end with a ban for the early access.

any mmo with a mechanic that can be exploit and then is exploited for a long period is usually going to do something about it in one or many of these options.

having said that i was told that level post 25th level it was to slow down a lot .. guess not

As much as this sux...

complaining here does nothing. They are aware of it and will eventually fix it.

They aren't going to roll back.

They aren't going to ban.

ONLY thing you will be able to do personally as someone who gets in after the fact is to roll on a newly introduced server post patch.

Simple as that.

I really hope they do banhammer. Not permanently. But a 1-5 day ban is totally warranted here. If they don't ban they are going to set a really bad tone for the rest of the game.

Go ahead and exploit, because you will probably get away with it. :confused:

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

I really hope they do banhammer. Not permanently. But a 1-5 day ban is totally warranted here. If they don't ban they are going to set a really bad tone for the rest of the game.

Go ahead and exploit, because you will probably get away with it. :confused:

Not saying that it isn't warranted...problem is this company seems so scared/timid to impact their launch, i.e., the cautious 1st day invites, that they aren't willing to risk the bad PR that comes with rollbacks/bans on a problem that they should have caught.

Its a lose lose for them...what I don't understand is why they haven't fixed it yet.

That scares me about this company.

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

And thus is why I was asking for proof from someone.. ANYONE that we have a 40+ player.

Either way, this needs to be fixed asap.

"Metrics, do you haz it?"

maybe your metrics are as flawed as your warzone exp for closing early? :rolleyes:

Edited by medicalprobe