Purchase Cartel Coins In-Game – Now Live!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this method is directed at the big Cartel Coin spenders only? I was thinking of making one purchase to take advantage of the deal, but there is no way that I'm spending additional money on the website beforehand just so I can use this feature. :( Edited by Jerba

Can anyone post a screenshot from inside the game to see how you purchase CC directly ?

Also what is max amount, 5500 like via website ?

Yep, it's the same maximum amount.

Also, woohoo - glad to see it made it in game, got myself a nice refill of CC! :D

Edited by Callaron

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I've made a total of 3 purchases since this whole thing started and when I hit enable, it wants me to buy more from the website. I was under the impression that if you haven't made a purchase before, that you need to make one to enable the in-game deal.

You have to realize: when I can't use my prefered paying method, I wont buy anything.

For this game i use paypal. I can use it to pay my subsription, but not for the CC. Customers don't care what problems your developer have. The payment in this game ist just an confusing chaotic mess!

You can pay this with that, but not that with this... ***!

Want my money? With such a poor payment system you wont get it! Why can't you do anything right? Payment has to be easy for the buyer!

Not to mention the buy first on the website thing, then buy ingame.

What about this: send a letter EA, dance in the backyard, run around in circles, then buy CC ingame!?

Edited by discbox

Yep, it's the same maximum amount.

Also, woohoo - glad to see it made it in game, got myself a nice refill of CC! :D

Thanks, gonna buy 5500 CC then and wait a few weeks for the supreme mogul hypercrate to go on 50% sale (hopefully), so I can buy hypercrate at 25% of the value :)

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I've made a total of 3 purchases since this whole thing started and when I hit enable, it wants me to buy more from the website. I was under the impression that if you haven't made a purchase before, that you need to make one to enable the in-game deal.

I'm having the same problem too (screenshot here)

Let me see if I understand this:

When this deal is live, you need to buy Cartel Coins off the website, at full price.

Only when then finalizes, can you buy Cartel Coins in-game, for half price. But only once.

When this deal ends, it forgets everything, so next time the deal comes up, you need buy Cartel Coins off the website, to activate it in-game, to buy Cartel Coins half price, etc.

?

You have to pay, to be able to pay again and to get discount.

Besides that feature is totally bugged, i made purchases of cartel Coins with Credit card before, it still asks me to pay again... Money Rip off.

Also forgot to add, that i am using PayPal currently, so all this new features also as -50% deal is totally useless for me, even tho i pay subscription i got ripped off on that bonus. Thanks BioWare. if you make a new system make it exactly with options as on your website. AS your producer said you want game to be like WoW. But WoW does not have such issues, as one option available at one place and not available at other. This is total mess - you have to fix it.

Edited by Nemesida

Same issue here, I've made multiple purchases using my Visa card and I get asked to make another purchase before I can enable in game purchase. So I choose the small $5 thinking maybe my last purchases were too long ago. Checked billing details and it's definitely used my card not Paypal or anything else. Added the Cartel coins to my balance and when i went back to enable it again says I need to register a credit card!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Not happy! Edited by Sutton

It doesn't support PayPal? Seriously? I pay my monthly subscription and my Cartel Coin purchases via PayPal, yet this won't accept it? What the hell, guys?

I am getting the same request, I have purchased Cartel coins before, and now to enable ingame purchases of coins I have to buy more coins first.

Is this intended or is this a bug ? if it is intended then this is really bad on your part Bioware.

Was going to make a purchases but then this whole, buy cartel coins online with CREDIT CARD and then buy in game is inconvenient, confusing and just plain stupid.

Why not just make it a 50% discount off the 5500 cartel coins pack when bought in-game or 25% discount off all cartel coin pack rather than have this inconvenient in-between who knows what.

It doesn't support paypal because use of paypal requires a web interface, which would defeat the purpose of being able to purchase in-game in the first place.

Well cool, enabling in game feature still requires you to go to webpage. Or viewing leger. So whats the big difference? Also buying coins in game takes you to website to complete transaction anyway. So? This system are complete mess.

Seriously Bioware, hire internal testing team, if you already have one, fire them and hire professionals, because their logic is off.

Edited by Nemesida

Too bad it doesn't work with paypal. So no purchase at this time. Bought too many coins as a Subscriber anyway. Seeing the current state of the game makes me kinda sad... but I hope the additional money will still help to optimize the engine a bit more and stuff.

I can't use my Credit Card nor PayPal Account linked to it to buy Cartel Coins. I want to mention that I bought sub with it yesterday and that I also have money on it but I can't use it to buy Cartel Coins. I get the NU1010 error, any help ?

As a dad, I have few questions about this:

Once the ability to purchase coins is enabled, can it be disabled?

I'd really like the ability to toggle this... so I don't have kids buying stuff on accident.

Also, do you have to enter a password or use an authenticator code each time? Or is this a one click shopping thing?