[BUG] Cademimu HM 55 Broken shackles

If you have a sorc/sage its possible to beat even when broken, but you are most likely going to spend a significant time with 2 dead allies depending on the luck of the shackle.

Im a healer, but for that fight I respecced hybrid and mainly just did a dps burn with very light healing. Seemed to make the fight significantly easier because the faster you kill him, the less amount of rockets have to fire.

But yeah the fight is annoying and we mainly did it just to say we could.

You'll know because the original person can be freed. The others cannot. There is nothing to show who the original is up front. not that I know of.

Yeah, I know, but such information is only useful be before running towards someone, or in my case last night, interceding.

Did this last night with Jugg Tank, Mara, Sniper & Op Healer.

TANK kept getting shackled and it didn't matter how many of us ran thru / around him. He would not unshackle.

Was all RNG to beat and skill beyond that of the planned instance.

PLEASE FIX THIS! Very annoyed at the repair bill for a BUG.

In some cases we have 3-4 shackled at the same time. (Seems a tad overboard? Maybe those in his immediate area should have an immune buff?)

Edited by dscount

What ranged dps class do you play?

Sniper, and no, i'm not over 30 meters from the boss.

I've never been knocked back as long as i've stood 20+ meters from him.

Might be just luck, but i think the knockback is only in melee or close to melee range.

edit-

Another good way to do it, i've found, is to have everyone except healer and me die, and i'll tank the boss while healer keeps me up, works like a charm. :jawa_tongue:

Edited by Nyysjan

So are there any plans to actually fix this? Is there a patch coming to fix it? Why did the patch notes claim to be fixing a problem with hydraulic overides/ hold the line and breaking the shackles off of others (which I had not experienced when using hold the line on my vanguard dps) and instead break the fp to the point that we were getting up to three of our 4 party members in shackles that could not be broken.

Are we just supposed to queue and hope this instance doesn't come up or hope it somehow doesn't bug out? Or just hope the rng gods smile upon us and we never have to move out of the corner the party is trapped in by the bugged out shackles?

Another good way to do it, i've found, is to have everyone except healer and me die, and i'll tank the boss while healer keeps me up, works like a charm. :jawa_tongue:

You joke (maybe), but that is exactly how it went down for me on a GF run last night. We were double Sentinel on deeps. Both of us got shackled and fire roasted twice. In the end it was a well played Vanguard tanking General Oreo and kept up by our Sage healer who carried the ball across the finish line. Whew!

You joke (maybe), but that is exactly how it went down for me on a GF run last night. We were double Sentinel on deeps. Both of us got shackled and fire roasted twice. In the end it was a well played Vanguard tanking General Oreo and kept up by our Sage healer who carried the ball across the finish line. Whew!

No, i'm not joking, done it that way 3 times (would be 4, but healer died in fire, not even shackled).

I

The only current workarounds for the issue is to 1) make sure you are spread out so no additional players are shackled and 2) save your personal CC break should you get hit by it. Again, the bugged shackles should only be affecting any additional targets who were hit by it that were not the original target!

-eric

Hey eric there is a few other work around that seem to work, I'm sorc healer and can't get chained unless FS is on CD . or I time it wrong and forgot to put SB on .. that said I noticed some thing that worked may be 80 % of the time . If I run to the player that is chained and use FS while hes chained it seemed to break it instead of run in to him then thu him and not sue it , I also noticed I if I get chained with some one as a sorc I hit FS if I have SB on, it breaks both our chains, so far that has worked 100 % .

the other work around keep moving the boss around don't tank in him one spot .

Edited by tanktest

Sniper, and no, i'm not over 30 meters from the boss.

I've never been knocked back as long as i've stood 20+ meters from him.

Might be just luck, but i think the knockback is only in melee or close to melee range.

edit-

TBH this is how it is ending most of times and indeed it suddenly makes things less chaotic lol

The only current workarounds for the issue is to 1) make sure you are spread out so no additional players are shackled and 2) save your personal CC break should you get hit by it. Again, the bugged shackles should only be affecting any additional targets who were hit by it that were not the original target!

Goodluck with a Guardian tank and 2 Sentinals as dps. Spreading out in a triangle form does not work.

this setup gives you 3 shackled players. 1 breakable and 2 bugged ones. They used their CC breaker and 20 seconds later they are shackled agian.

If a tank recieves a bugged shackle once he can break it and if he gets it again it's a wipe.

Wiping is part of the game and I got no problems with that but wiping because something is bugged cause of spacemagic I do have a problem with.

Is there any estimate on fixing this? None of the workarounds actually work. They just amount to telling us not to get hit by the bugged out mechanic. As others have pointed out, this approach doesn't really work and is next to impossible with two melee dps. I am getting sick of repair bills for this bug, which was somehow introduced while trying to fix a bug that only affected 1 class (troopers/ mercs). How about until you guys figure out how to fix the new bug you revert to the old code and just have troopers/ mercs not be able to break others out when they use hold the line/ hydraulic overides to break their shackles. That was a tolerable but annoying bug. The current bug however makes this final boss broken.

So will there be any sort of credit refund or subsidy for players who are having to pay repair bills after being affected by this bug once this is fixed? The repair bills are really adding up in a hurry and MDPS can't "spread out" far enough to be immune from the bugged effects. Also, this is happening much more often than the CC break is off it's 2 minute CD.