My Cat Dumped Risha! (possible spoiler)

MarquisD

Ok, so this may be a bit of spoiler for those who are not to far in the romance arc:

My Smuggler is a Sharpshooter Gunslinger. For most of the game I have used Risha. Our combined DPS was enough to burn down almost anything. I didn't like her at first, but after a while, she started to grow on me. My character and her almost had like a Mickey and Mallory wandering outlaws vibe going on.

Spoiler...

Fast forward to a conversation where Risha and Akavii make me choose. I was totally gonna pick my outlaw princess, but at the moment, my cat (named Lestat) who was curled in my lap, decided to stretch one of his paws out. He hit the Akavii choice, and Risha stormed off saying "I can't believe I kissed you you jerk!" Now she won't accept courting gifts...

Am I hosed? Can I re-initate a romance with her by continuing to raise her affection? Honestly, this whole experience makes me kind of hate my (level 50, almost full battle master) character. How could he be so heartless? Dumping his love like that...

Maybe there is some way to fix things with her? Any help would be appreciated.

Hmmm for what it's worth...

I had the confrontation, and I chose Risha. HOWEVER, Akaavi still wants to talk with me. When I talk with her, it initiates our same trist, and then Risha storms in and again asks to choose. So I see it as one last chance to change your mind.

But I don't know how it goes in reverse. Assuming you've maxed her affection, you might be able to initiate an affair with Risha and get Akaavi to storm in like before and get the choice again.

Also, for the future, hit the "escape" key before the conversation ends to redo it. You probably would've had enough time to exit out.

Edited by Stenrik

Wait, did you cat manage to get rid of Risha completely, as in get her off your ship and crew? Because I've been trying to figure out how to do that for almost a year now. I got the conversation option that said I'd do anything to get her off my ship, but nothing seems to bear out that option.

Is there any chance of selling or lending out that cat?

Thanks for the help with this! I will see if I can trigger another decision scene through Akavii... gonna have to raise her affection up. To clarify: Risha has not left permanently (I don't think that can happen), she just will not accept courting gifts, or more precisely, giving her a courting gift does not raise her affection anymore. I am worried that the decision conversation I had made a permanent change in her status, but I guess I will have to see if moving farther along Akavii's romance arc can trigger another decision scene.

Also, thanks for the tip about the ESC key conversation back out... I did not know about it (unfortunately).

And NO my cat is not for sale ;)

Yeah I use the escape trick all the time, even if I already know what I'm gonna choose. Just to see the options and get more "bang for the buck" on my story. You see, my Mirialan scoundrel has force-user parents, and has a weak kind of force sight that lets him see multiple, near futures. He's used it in many the sticky situation.

Yeah, that's right...

Edited by Stenrik

• 2 months later...