Fury Marauder Guidance (Need help)

Nova-Sky

So I played a long time ago (Before Rise of the Hutt Cartel) and I loved my Mara for PvP. However since returning recently, I find I'm struggling to even do any sort of adequate damage. I'm only Gear 233 (I think) but obviously there's the bolster to consider.

I just feel like I'm hitting people with a salmon fillet and Commando's/Gunslingers just refuse to let me do any damage to them at all.

I guess what I'm asking is whether Mara is viable, and how I can improve my DPS because quite frankly, the amount of damage I'm doing is depressing.

Ty in advance

So I played a long time ago (Before Rise of the Hutt Cartel) and I loved my Mara for PvP. However since returning recently, I find I'm struggling to even do any sort of adequate damage. I'm only Gear 233 (I think) but obviously there's the bolster to consider.

I just feel like I'm hitting people with a salmon fillet and Commando's/Gunslingers just refuse to let me do any damage to them at all.

I guess what I'm asking is whether Mara is viable, and how I can improve my DPS because quite frankly, the amount of damage I'm doing is depressing.

Ty in advance

Fury marauder has everything needed to compete at the top level.

https://vulkk.com/2017/02/21/sith-marauder-fury-discipline-swtor-5-0-guide/

This guide helped me learn the spec. Hope it helps you too. Good luck.

For a PVP guide he should try Dulfys.
The one that seriously suggests not using ruthless aggressor for ranked pvp? And a completely wrong opener? And using force camo as a way to approach the enemy in 4 dps solo games?

That guide might actually make someone worse at fury. Who wrote it, anyway?

The one that seriously suggests not using ruthless aggressor for ranked pvp? And a completely wrong opener? And using force camo as a way to approach the enemy in 4 dps solo games?

That guide might actually make someone worse at fury. Who wrote it, anyway?

He wrote it :D.

That is why he advertises it. No person in his right mind would suggest that guide anyway except the "author" of this "masterpiece".

Edited by giorgo

The only thing good about Fury is the Ruthless aggressor. The burst is garbage compared to carnage.

What game are you playing?

All things being equal -

Fury is better than Carnage in every single way practically.

Better Burst, better sustained, better mobility, better overall damage.

That goes for both PVE and PVP.

Ruthless Aggressor is a utility, it's not spec based.

Last I checked, there wasn’t a pvp guide for Fury on Dulfy

Can you please link it because I can’t find one.

You've probably seen this already Trixxie, but just in case -

https://vulkk.com/2017/02/21/sith-marauder-fury-discipline-swtor-5-0-guide/

Vulkk knows his stuff. It's not specific to PVP but it is up to date [as of 5.6], obviously some things apply in both areas of play. I'm sure you can make some extrapolations of your own based on your experience with Fury as well.

I highly doubt that. Only reason I never read it is because I can't speak Pub-tongue so I get all confuzed =p

LoL, it’s the same for me, even though I play pub too. I just hate trying to translate the names from memory or having to look them up.

It would make it so much easier if people also wrote a guide for the opposite faction. I’m sure more people would read them because if you want a guide on a Mara, you will only google a guide on a Mara. When one doesn’t appear, you just assume there isn’t one.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

LoL, it’s the same for me, even though I play pub too. I just hate trying to translate the names from memory or having to look them up.

It would make it so much easier if people also wrote a guide for the opposite faction. I’m sure more people would read them because if you want a guide on a Mara, you will only google a guide on a Mara. When one doesn’t appear, you just assume there isn’t one.

I guess if they only played pubside than they would get all confuzed about Imp-tongue!

Hayete use to do that for Carnage/Combat. He did both at the same time and than released them together which was great. He kept them up to date and even had a FAQ section that was updated pretty regularly on Dulfy. Something like that takes commitment so it isn't always possible for people with all the responsibilities of "real life" getting in the way.

I hate real life.

=p

Mero's good peoples, he knows his stuff.

Yes I know I just dont like the Mara :( all the abilities are red and also I hate Force Scream! Its a ridiculous ability, mean to shout at the enemy? Sentinel has Blade Storm, which looks good and makes sence. They did change the Force Scream for Carnage, but since I play only Fury.....

Yes I know I just dont like the Mara :( all the abilities are red and also I hate Force Scream! Its a ridiculous ability, mean to shout at the enemy? Sentinel has Blade Storm, which looks good and makes sence. They did change the Force Scream for Carnage, but since I play only Fury.....

Yeah hehe I know what you mean, Force Scream never really seemed quite right. I was glad when they made the change for Carnage from Force Scream to Devistating Blast.

The irony is the only time you actually see "Force Scream" in use in the movies was when Old man Kenobi used it in a New Hope to scare the Sand People off.

For those who may rememeber West End Games Table Top RPG [Pre D20 Table Top RPG] which was friggen great, I played it for a few years, Force Scream was a Force Ability that could be learned but it wasn't an "attack" it just caused fear in others and would either stun them for a few rounds or make the run away. [Depending on a saving throw result]. When WEG came out with a "New Edition" revamp of the system, that's when Force Scream became an "attack" used by Darksiders. Just in case anyone interested - http://krapz.free.fr/data/Force_Powers.pdf

There was an also in instance that shows Luke using the same "Force Scream" like Ben Kenobi in one of the later books.

They also put out a sourcebook devoted to the Darkside and even though it's a rulebook for that game its an awesome read just for background and interest about the Darkside classic Star Wars style - https://www.scribd.com/document/60730587/Star-Wars-D6-Galaxy-Guide-14-Dark-Side

This is how Darksiders should be!

This was, in my opinion, the best Star Wars RPG ever.

Point of note - Not all of this is Canon.

Just a point of interest.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

The only thing good about Fury is the Ruthless aggressor. The burst is garbage compared to carnage.

Are you high? Ruthless aggressor can be used in carnage as well, it’s a utility.

Also carnage burst is not as good as it used to be...

I meant my sentinel Concentration guide, but apparently its garbage, as the people here wrote, so you rather not read it :)
I wouldn't nitpick a guide for minor differences of opinion, but your concentration guide gets a bunch of basic stuff wrong. Anyone who thinks dulfy puts any serious effort into vetting the people writing the guides there has been fooled. Luckily the sort of people who want to write a Dulfy guide are also typically the sort of people who know what they're talking about too, but not always.

1) recommends not using ruthless aggressor for ranked

2) recommends not running the CD reduction on pacify + rebuke while stunned for ranked

3) your opening rotation is completely wrong, and any advice on a post-opener rotation/priority system is just not included

4) advising/showcasing using camo to engage in 4 dps solo ranked games

I am not just being snarky when I say your guide might actually make someone worse. Any poor sap who actually trusted Dulfy to only publish good guides who took the 4 pieces of advice above on board is going to be hamstringed by them in solo ranked until they figure out that they've been had.

Edited by yellow_

I wouldn't nitpick a guide for minor differences of opinion, but your concentration guide gets a bunch of basic stuff wrong. Anyone who thinks dulfy puts any serious effort into vetting the people writing the guides there has been fooled. Luckily the sort of people who want to write a Dulfy guide are also typically the sort of people who know what they're talking about too, but not always.

1) recommends not using ruthless aggressor for ranked

2) recommends not running the CD reduction on pacify + rebuke while stunned for ranked

3) your opening rotation is completely wrong, and any advice on a post-opener rotation/priority system is just not included

4) advising/showcasing using camo to engage in 4 dps solo ranked games

I am not just being snarky when I say your guide might actually make someone worse. Any poor sap who actually trusted Dulfy to only publish good guides who took the 4 pieces of advice above on board is going to be hamstringed by them in solo ranked until they figure out that they've been had.

Please post the correct rotation here..

I am curious to see it if meroxer's is "garbage".

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Please post the correct rotation here..

I am curious to see it if meroxer's is "garbage".

The "best" fury opener (best being the most optimal most of the time because it's going to vary based on the situation) in pvp is debatable. But it definitely does not involve using zealous leap before concentrated slice just so you can blow your 2nd koan buff on force sweep. That is objectively, unquestionably a bad opener.

And, as I said, it doesn't even give a real rotation or priority system. It just gives one bad opener and leaves the reader to decide how to proceed (after goofing up the rotation for them).

Edited by yellow_

The "best" fury opener (best being the most optimal most of the time because it's going to vary based on the situation) in pvp is debatable. But it definitely does not involve using zealous leap before concentrated slice just so you can blow your 2nd koan buff on force sweep. That is objectively, unquestionably a bad opener.

And, as I said, it doesn't even give a real rotation or priority system. It just gives one bad opener and leaves the reader to decide how to proceed (after goofing up the rotation for them).

@David was asking for your idea of a starting/basic rotation, why don't you just give it to him instead of complaining about other peoples ideas. :confused:

Edited by RACATW