Korriban Lore Week

CourtneyWoods

Because I've spent far too much of my time reading about Korriban...

There have been at least four major battles held at Korriban during the time of the resurgent Sith Empire.

The first, around 28 BTC, marked the Sith's return to the galaxy and the start of the Great Galactic War. It was here that the Sith revealed themselves and took their holy world back from the Republic.

The second, around 25 BTC, was a result of the Emperor's former apprentice Exal Kressh leaking military information to the Republic. The battle served as a distraction for Kressh to destroy the Sith Academy and the Emperor's works housed within. For his involvement in defeating the traitor, disgraced Sith Teneb Kel was promoted and given the title of Darth Thanaton.

The third, around 7 BTC, occurred when the Republic Navy sought to press the advantage gained by the Empire's failed conquest of Ord Radama. Under the command of Sith such as Darth Marr, Darth Malgus, and Darth Angral, the Sith managed to chase the Republic fleet away, following them to Ziost and achieving victory in a naval battle that lasted over thirty days.

The fourth, roughly 13-14 years after the Treaty of Coruscant, will occur when Update 2.7 is released. . .

Because I've spent far too much of my time reading about Korriban...

There have been at least four major battles held at Korriban during the time of the resurgent Sith Empire.

The first, around 28 BTC, marked the Sith's return to the galaxy and the start of the Great Galactic War. It was here that the Sith revealed themselves and took their holy world back from the Republic.

The second, around 25 BTC, was a result of the Emperor's former apprentice Exal Kressh leaking military information to the Republic. The battle served as a distraction for Kressh to destroy the Sith Academy and the Emperor's works housed within. For his involvement in defeating the traitor, disgraced Sith Teneb Kel was promoted and given the title of Darth Thanaton.

The third, around 7 BTC, occurred when the Republic Navy sought to press the advantage gained by the Empire's failed conquest of Ord Radama. Under the command of Sith such as Darth Marr, Darth Malgus, and Darth Angral, the Sith managed to chase the Republic fleet away, following them to Ziost and achieving victory in a naval battle that lasted over thirty days.

The fourth, roughly 13-14 years after the Treaty of Coruscant, will occur when Update 2.7 is released. . .

Which is why some of the Sith statues are missing their heads. :p

Exiled Jedi became living gods among the Sith. One of the greatest Dark Jedi was none other than Ajunta Pall.

Amongst the Exiled Jedi and first Lords of the Sith were also...

Karness Muur, an alchemist responsible for the creation of the Rakghoul Plague.

XoXaan, a practitioner of Darkside healing, whose knowledge would later be utilized by A'Sharad Hett.

Sorzus Syn, whose journal and writings would be collected by Darth Sidious, and who is thought to be the possible originator of the Sith Code.

Remulus Dreypa, a vengeful warrior whose allies imprisoned him in his oubliette, where he would remain in stasis for thousands of years.

Edited by Osetto

Happy Thursday!

Today's Lore Fact took place right before the "Return" cinematic trailer.

Just before Lord Vindican made his move to retake Korriban, grave robber Feral Wickes handed over a “shipment” to smuggler Nico Okarr.

Huh, didn't realize Vindican was actually the one leading/in charge of the attack on Korriban. Cool.

Is there more info on him in the SWTOR Encyclopedia or any of the comics? All I know about him is that he was Malgus's master (from Return) and Ikoral's apprentice (from the Empire-side Red Reaper quest).

I don't even remember if he was mentioned in the Deceived novel at all (but its been over a year since I read that book so maybe I'm just forgetting).

Today I have two posts for you! Hope you enjoy!

The Pyramid of Power in the main hall of the Sith Academy is a constant reminder for all lowly Sith to know their place.

In the assault over Korriban, Exal Kressh, a former agent of the Emperor, leaked intel to the Republic. It was not enough for victory.

''Fear is power'', Visages of ancient Sith remind acolytes of the eternal legacy they will inherit should they become Sith...

Exal Kreesh a former Sith Emperor apprentice (Rumored), a traitor and faced her defeat at Sith academy by trying to intermingle in to Sith's plans...

Edited by sandisrd

The prophecy of the Sith'ari originated during the time of King Adas. Adas was believed to be the Sith'ari but was defeated by Rakata invaders. Although he fell he still saw to it that the Rakata were erased from Korriban.

Additionaly, the existence of holocrons is also thanks to the Rakata. The Rakata taught Adas how to construct them in attempt to gain his trust, before trying to conquer him. It wasn't until three thousand years later that the first Jedi holocron was created.

Had the Rakata not been driven off, Korriban would have been shaped much different.