list of standard MMO features that are absent in this game

xioix

Looking to start a list to help BioWare become more aware of implementing some common/basic MMO features in a future patch:

* Import+export UI / keybind / global settings across different characters / servers.

* Camera not switching back to default position while moving.

* Combat log.

* ???

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top of my head:

Camera remembering how far I have zoomed out and not having to do it everytime I zone into somewhere new.

Searchable auction house without having to go through a hundred menus.

Group PvP and not disbanding my group everytime when start/finish.

Much more guild options that are to numerous to mention.

Macros, macros, macros.

Edited by Tribunuso

They have stated that improving the UI is a top priority to come in patches, as are improved guild features.

Not having Macros was a concious decision.

Whats wrong with doing PVP in groups? I haven't had any problems.

People complained about the UI since the very start its lazy if they are now only seeking to improve it, hell making **** moveable would go a long way.

If they are not going to add macros then there needs to be more hotbars.

Every time I queue for PvP in a group of friends it disbands us everytime we are finished, causing us to make the group EVERY time we want to requeue.

- Multiple weapon choices. (less restriction)

- More elaborate character customisation

- Choosing what PvP warzone you want to do

- Interaction with environment (like sitting on chairs)

- More variable emotes per Species/Class

- Better Darkside corruption (the current one is an embarrasment to the lore)

- Bug fixes (some gear textures for example seem to be blurred, except for in movies)

Of the top of my head,

Fun and accesibility

Fun is subjective, accessibility is there. I.e, you can access a server to play on. If you insist on trying to get on to a full server, then you have to deal with it. You aren't forced to queue for a full server.

Fun is subjective, accessibility is there. I.e, you can access a server to play on. If you insist on trying to get on to a full server, then you have to deal with it. You aren't forced to queue for a full server.

Pfft... so you run your toon on a particular server , make friends there,, and then start on a different server because Bioware cant figure things out... Get real,, in no other mmo are you forced off your server. And thats a fact....

I am pretty sure they are aware of most things that are either absent or have yet to be implemented and they have a reason for each. But regardless, this is something that needs to be said. At least some communication on their part would help, that is something that came standard in WoW (albeit brief and uninformative most of the time). Add that to the list, communicating with their customers.

Pfft... so you run your toon on a particular server , make friends there,, and then start on a different server because Bioware cant figure things out... Get real,, in no other mmo are you forced off your server. And thats a fact....

No, it's not a fact. Plenty of MMOs have forced people off of servers and onto others.

This This This This This!

My God the AH in this game is not even annoying, it's provocatively infuriating. I just want to place items in the item box, and then search for every similar item on the AH. I don't want to have to go through several scroll menus and even then be denied my Name Search (like is the case with Stims).

It's gotten so far that I'm not even researching the price of other items on the AH. I'm just posting them for the advised price. No idea how that one gets determined, I assume items posted have sth to do with it, but it's a purebred pain in the effin a.

Edited by Dekadez

Top of my head:

Camera remembering how far I have zoomed out and not having to do it everytime I zone into somewhere new.

Group PvP and not disbanding my group everytime when start/finish.

Much more guild options that are to numerous to mention.

Macros, macros, macros.

Macros are a detriment to the game. Everything else you mentioned seems trivial at best...

Macros are a detriment to the game. Everything else you mentioned seems trivial at best...

Try going to the GTN with 20 different items you'd wish to sell. If you're going to research the prices of your competitors, which any sane individual would, you're easily occupied for half an hour.

It's tedious, far too tedious for something as mundane as this.

Bioware was told multiple times throughout beta about the horrible auction house and completely ignored it. Its screwed up because it either wasnt a priority (how could it not be) or they simply ignored feedback. Either way the auction house sucks and it probably wont be fixed.

Actually I hope they leave this. It is perfectly functional as it is for people looking to buy something...what this does is prevent resellers from simply mass searching for cheap items to rip others off with by reposting at a higher price. Sure they can search by category, but it will take more time.

If you like playing economic strategy games, go and do that. Gets old hearing "that is how I like to play" being thrown around as an excuse for abusing the system and ripping other players off.

And no, I don't care about free market theories, it is a game, and players should have enough respect for each other to not engage in this type of BS.

Actually I hope they leave this. It is perfectly functional as it is for people looking to buy something...what this does is prevent resellers from simply mass searching for cheap items to rip others off with by reposting at a higher price. Sure they can search by category, but it will take more time.

If you like playing economic strategy games, go and do that. Gets old hearing "that is how I like to play" being thrown around as an excuse for abusing the system and ripping other players off.

And no, I don't care about free market theories, it is a game, and players should have enough respect for each other to not engage in this type of BS.

Noble sentiment, but there will be mods that fix this anyway, so people will always be able to play the market.

One button screenshots instead of having to pay for a special version of the game. Coming from mac taking screenshots on windows is a pain in the shphincter with copy paste etc

a single key to take quick screenshots in a single folder

For the record, pressing print screen takes a screenshot which is stored in My Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots

This was added in the final weeks before launch.