A pressing matter

Tionese

- A “cooldown” for guild invitations

um, NO. scenario:

Guild ABC ended up with an absentee GM, leadership lotto went to some schmuck that is now trashing it.

Members revolt, gquit, and form guild XYZ

now, with your draconian restraint in effect, they can not ginvite all of the migrating members or their alts

so now all these players are stuck in limbo until your GICD falls off, rinse, repeat

this falls under the category of "how to drive away players with one single restriction"

- The deduction of kicked players' conquest points from guild totals

Especially as the situation currently stands where a gquit/kicked character can not claim their guild reward because they were not in that guild when the week cycled and the CQP awards went out.

I have always been in favor of this, no matter if a character gquits or is gkicked, that weeks CQP should follow them regardless.

Here is a sample: https://imgur.com/a/l9pHxKU

not really the place for it. DM the original (non-redacted version) to JackieKo using google drive /dropbox /etc

I suspect its the same method that gold spammers use to send us all those loverly in-game mails, but that is up to them to chase and burn

Edited by Kaveat

We would like to suggest 2 possible solutions to discourage this behavior:

- A “cooldown” for guild invitations

- The deduction of kicked players' conquest points from guild totals

1. If cooldown would be reasonable, less than 10s (this has very good change to do harm to new growing guilds)

2. Totally yes, guild should lose points gained from member that is kicked

But if you really want to fix this "issue" why not to change conquest point earnings to start from level +50, this would make pointless to mass spam invites to get new players just to use them as tool for cheap points in conquest.

I honestly find it ridiculous that you start earning conquest points at lvl10, I know its fair that everyone gets to join it early, but before lvl15 you might have earned easily over +200k conquest points (thats way less than 30mins of gameplay).

Edited by Mignolite

OP, sorry to burst your bubble, but street sweeping, as it's called, has been around as long as the game.

Street sweeping is when someone sits there for however long tossing out cold invites -- meaning no whisper no guild spam, nothing --- at people, and people click. They may stay, the may not.

Don't hang that behavior on conquest. It's nothing new.

You are allowed to have an opinion. As that old saying : "just like armpits, we all have opinions. And just like my armpits after a run, sometimes our opinions stink. The fact is though, that even when our opinions stink, we are entitled to have them."

Let's see how we can fix this issue before more damage is done to our community and game.

You are allowed to have an opinion. As that old saying : "just like armpits, we all have opinions. And just like my armpits after a run, sometimes our opinions stink. The fact is though, that even when our opinions stink, we are entitled to have them."

Let's see how we can fix this issue before more damage is done to our community and game.

The fix isn't to screw over conquest to fix an issue with cold invites. THAT idea stinks to high heaven.

And honestly, what damage is it to you or your guild if someone else does a bunch of cold invites?

If your guild is swamped by 50 other guilds out-finessing your guild's ability to run up conquest numbers, guess what, diddling with cold invites isn't going to solve it. Grow your guild and make your members more active.

Edited by xordevoreaux

OP, sorry to burst your bubble, but street sweeping, as it's called, has been around as long as the game.

Street sweeping is when someone sits there for however long tossing out cold invites -- meaning no whisper no guild spam, nothing --- at people, and people click. They may stay, the may not.

Here is a sample:

https://imgur.com/a/l9pHxKU

If you look at the pic here, you can see it's not just 'street sweeping' It's definitely an abuse of the system, and this guild/player should be held accountable for it. The original version should definitely be forwarded to the CM's

Removing the points from a player who got kicked or left won't affect the decent people/guilds that are doing CQ properly,

Totally agree.

It's bad for a newer player's introduction to guilds to go through this, and it certainly goes against the spirit of what conquest is supposed to be, a competition between guilds.

Players who are recruited and kicked from guilds like this should have their points removed from a given guild's total.

I didn't know this was even an issue until recently. Whichever guilds are doing this have terrible leadership, and give the general community a bad reputation.

Edited by arunav

If you look at the pic here, you can see it's not just 'street sweeping' It's definitely an abuse of the system, and this guild/player should be held accountable for it. The original version should definitely be forwarded to the CM's

Removing the points from a player who got kicked or left won't affect the decent people/guilds that are doing CQ properly,

Any hard-wired programming to curb that behavior will also dent the decent people/guilds, going back to my original post here, where guilds merge.

Can you imagine, two guilds with hundreds of people wishing to merge, but it'll take ungodly long, weeks perhaps, because there's a daily cap on invites? We had not two, but three huge guilds merge on the Oasis server in Everquest 2 (originally all one guild of 1,500 people in Everquest 1 from the Nameless Server trying to find each other again after Eq2 was released in 2004). It was mess even then, and we didn't have such a cap. I shudder to think how long that would have taken with one.

There's no good way to finesse such a limitation as both mentioned by the OP as well as suggested in another thread about capping or slowing down the number of invites. Somehow, some way, such a limitation will screw over bonafide, honest guilds and their members.

Edited by xordevoreaux

/snip

I understand what you are saying, and I'm agreeing that you can't limit the invites because of the issues it can cause, as you have so rightly pointed out. I used the pic as an illustration of bad behaviour that has happened, and should be looked at by CM's. But I don't agree with limiting invites, just if people have proof that someone is abusing the system, something should be done about that person/guild., not hardwired in to the game. I was also agreeing that if people are kicked, the points they've accrued should be removed too, in the hope that it stops that behaviour.

I was also agreeing that if people are kicked, the points they've accrued should be removed too, in the hope that it stops that behaviour.

I also agree with this, its a simple solution as far as a user see it but idk if its hard for the dev to implement it. In turn will make people who ninja invites think twice about doing that.

We are aware and are in the process of gathering data. We are appreciative of everyone who have sent in reports.

Thank you Jackie, hopefully it stops this behaviour. There is another thing, which comes close to blackmail is guilds that demand that a guildie make a certain amount of CQ points. There is a guild on SF which is demanding that all members make 100kl points each week, or be kicked. This in my opinion is blackmail, and bullying. I know 100k can be made easily enough, but if you have multiple alts, and/or guilds that need to get over the 500k min, for the guild to succeed, is this not making that more difficult, not to mention this guild basically gets all the titles, etc.

The problem is, what we've seen here already is that mega guilds are exerting more and more pressure,

The requirement in and of itself is neither blackmail, nor bullying. You are talking about a common practice in a conquest guild, and hitting a set quota to retain your membership in an active origination is a practice older than most civilizations.

How they choose to go about enforcing those requirements may be another issue entirely, but that is not the matter at hand here, nor is this the medium to be discussing such things. Put such concerns into a PM with whatever evidence you have to Jackie or one of the devs to look into.

Either way, if you don't like the requirements, or how they choose to go about enforcing them, leave! No matter what excuses you maintain to justify your continued presence there, by choosing to remain you are supporting such structures by default.

In the end it is up to each individual player to decide wither or not they want to remain in such an environment.

It's not like anyone is being held hostage in their home and being forced to partake in these things.

not to mention this guild basically gets all the titles, etc.

This is not the fault of any guild, nor how they choose to function. It is down to the piss poor design of the conquest system and BW's failure /refusal to change it, end of story.

Edited by Kaveat

The requirement in and of itself is neither blackmail, nor bullying. You are talking about a common practice in a conquest guild, and hitting a set quota to retain your membership in an active origination is a practice older than most civilizations.

Actually it is. Expecting someone to do their best, and get cq on a char is one thing, but to expect someone to get twice what is needed, or be removed is another, especially when they know their guild is the one that will always win. It's not as bad as the main issue here, but it's still bad. If you can't see that, that's fine,

As for sending stuff on, this is just merely a public awareness campaign to let people know what is happening, and hoping that maybe they'll see the error of this, and not implement it.

We are aware and are in the process of gathering data. We are appreciative of everyone who have sent in reports.

The guild doing these mass ninja ginvites has been going by the rule: use them, then lose them. They do mass ninja inviting to farm the conquest numbers from low level players, but then right before conquest turns over on tuesday, they kick people out again, denying them the weekly conquest rewards - one of their officers actually brags about it.

I suggest that if person leaves the guild for any reason (kick or just /gquit) then the guild loses whatever conquest points said person made while inside the guild(while keeping their personal cq score), second part was limiting number of guild invites per day to maybe 30? ->that is more than enough even for the biggest guilds, but it would effectively prevent cq points farming by just ninja ginviting countless low lvl newbies etc.

Can u imagine being fresh to Swtor, start the new game and instantly get spammed by ninja ginvites from this guild? And if you join u get forced to farm conquest point or youll get kicked out? What a great experience this guild is providing new players with their conquest farming. Treating them like nothing more than machines to farm the cq point numbers.

Edited by Darittha

I suggest that if person leaves the guild for any reason (kick or just /gquit) then the guild loses whatever conquest points said person made while inside the guild(while keeping their personal cq score).

I suggest to only deduct the Conquest points from the guild ledger if the member is kicked from the guild and not if he/she leaves on his/her own accord. Otherwise the guilds will start to spread decoy members to their competition and sabotage or blackmail them right before Conquest review and either demand credits or rank in the guild or simply leave and take the points with them.

I suggest to only deduct the Conquest points from the guild ledger if the member is kicked from the guild and not if he/she leaves on his/her own accord. Otherwise the guilds will start to spread decoy members to their competition and sabotage or blackmail them right before Conquest review and either demand credits or rank in the guild or simply leave and take the points with them.

Considering the way some guilds are behaving these days I think that would be a better suggestion.

Thats actually good point there. What u said + daily limit of 20-30 guild invites maximum would stomp out this massive conquest exploitation that is now so rampant on Darth Malgus server and not negatively affect conquest objectives which are actually very well balanced these days.

Thats actually good point there. What u said + daily limit of 20-30 guild invites maximum would stomp out this massive conquest exploitation that is now so rampant on Darth Malgus server and not negatively affect conquest objectives which are actually very well balanced these days.

I'm absolutely against the idea of capping the number of guild invites in a day, and I've stated why before.

My guild is alt-heavy, and just a few of us bringing in our horde of toons would easily swamp such a cap.

No thank you.

I'm absolutely against the idea of capping the number of guild invites in a day, and I've stated why before.

My guild is alt-heavy, and just a few of us bringing in our horde of toons would easily swamp such a cap.

No thank you.

What if the cap were based on unique Legacies joining a guild, as opposed to unique characters?

What if the cap were based on unique Legacies joining a guild, as opposed to unique characters?

That might make more sense. I don't remember a time except when our guild was first formed that we had 30+ legacies jumping in all at once, but I've personally recruited 10 people in 10 minutes before (and not by cold inviting). 30 might be uncomfortably small for some, but there's probably a number of unique legacies right around there that people might be willing to mull over as a change.

Any cap of any kind will hinder two moderately-sized guilds that are in the process of merging, forcing them to stretch out the process over the course of however many days.

Edit: And I have an idea about how to semi-automate guild merges that I might post as a suggestion soon.

Edited by xordevoreaux