Speed runners

Ulfrik_Wulfgar

Can someone please tell me how the **** people in PvP are able to run around at 2-3x normal speed for the entire event? It is really pissing me off.

There are a number of abilities that increase speed:

If a player is out of combat they get the natural "run" boost if it is toggled on.

The maps all have a "speed boost" that a player can pick up that dramatically increases their speed for a time.

Some classes have a group buff that increases everyone's speed for a time.

Some classes have a "run" ability that increase their speed for a time (with a short cooldown ... like 15 secs)

Some classes can "run" forever by going into stealth, then coming out and using a burst boost.

We would need specifics to see what you are referring to. Post a video.

player 'skill"

Don't be a ****.

There are a number of abilities that increase speed:

If a player is out of combat they get the natural "run" boost if it is toggled on.

The maps all have a "speed boost" that a player can pick up that dramatically increases their speed for a time.

Some classes have a group buff that increases everyone's speed for a time.

Some classes have a "run" ability that increase their speed for a time (with a short cooldown ... like 15 secs)

Some classes can "run" forever by going into stealth, then coming out and using a burst boost.

We would need specifics to see what you are referring to. Post a video.

With respect, as much as I appreciate your misguided attempt to educate me, you just did not read my post. Take Hutball, for example.14 minutes long. Players come out at 3x your speed, flying around the arena. They die. They come out again at 3x your speed. You can't catch them. They do this for the full 14 minutes without break.

Edited by Ulfrik_Wulfgar

With respect, as much as I appreciate your misguided attempt to educate me, you just did not read my post. Take Hutball, for example.14 minutes long. Players come out at 3x your speed, flying around the arena. They die. They come out again at 3x your speed. You can't catch them. They do this for the full 14 minutes without break.

Do you have a video of this happening?

If what you're saying is literally true then that'd only be explainable by cheating as I'm sure you know. However, much more mundane speeding is possible - if a Combat Sentinel has 30 Centring accumulated they can cast Transcendence followed by another Transcendence immediately after that ran out (if Valorous Call is available). Two Combat Sentinels could obviously pull the same thing off again, which would be more than enough time to run the entire length of the arena in Huttball at higher speed. Of course, they wouldn't be able to pull that off again for some time, and certainly can't sustain it for 14 minutes.

With respect, sounds like you are making things up, or grossly exaggerating.

If it's one opponent who you notice is always running at ridiculous speeds, it might be a speedhack. But this is exceedingly rare.

In 99.9% cases, it's a spell that you don't know / understand. If you don't provide a video of this, no one can ever tell you.

Edited by ParagonAX

Do you have a video of this happening?

If what you're saying is literally true then that'd only be explainable by cheating as I'm sure you know. However, much more mundane speeding is possible - if a Combat Sentinel has 30 Centring accumulated they can cast Transcendence followed by another Transcendence immediately after that ran out (if Valorous Call is available). Two Combat Sentinels could obviously pull the same thing off again, which would be more than enough time to run the entire length of the arena in Huttball at higher speed. Of course, they wouldn't be able to pull that off again for some time, and certainly can't sustain it for 14 minutes.

Let me explain something. I've been PvPing for several months now. I utterly hate it. It's the most abysmal PvP in any game ever. But it's necessary to get halfway decent looking gear. I have a Battlemaster ranked Assassin, Gladiator ranked Juggernaut and Skirmirsher ranked Guardian. I don't proclaim to be an expert but I do know enough to know what the buffs and abilities are. This is neither. It. It's usually one, maybe two people in a match and it's not every match but it is quite a few of them. It's not a sudden burst of acceleration, it's 2-3x out of combat sprint speed. Roughly equivalent to Force Speed for the duration of the match. Basically I think this is a cheat/hack whatever they're called but wanted to see if others have seen this behaviour and if so, confirm it before I report it.

Let me explain something. I've been PvPing for several months now. I utterly hate it. It's the most abysmal PvP in any game ever. But it's necessary to get halfway decent looking gear. I have a Battlemaster ranked Assassin, Gladiator ranked Juggernaut and Skirmirsher ranked Guardian. I don't proclaim to be an expert but I do know enough to know what the buffs and abilities are. This is neither. It. It's usually one, maybe two people in a match and it's not every match but it is quite a few of them. It's not a sudden burst of acceleration, it's 2-3x out of combat sprint speed. Roughly equivalent to Force Speed for the duration of the match. Basically I think this is a cheat/hack whatever they're called but wanted to see if others have seen this behaviour and if so, confirm it before I report it.

record it. report it. posting vague things on the forums will not get you very far.

I reported a player on Pot5 yesterday. It was a Shadow in a 10-49 huttball who had extra speed every single time I saw him, while none of his nearby teammates did. It lasted much longer than Transcendence or Force Speed.

Speed hacking is out there, and the only ones getting caught and actioned against (eventually) are the ones being obvious about it.

Maybe its the legacy speed boost? It's a 110% speed boost that lasts for 12 seconds and its on a 20 second cooldown I believe so it can be used often. I just recently purchased it so i haven't tried it in a warzone yet, but from the descriptions you guys are giving it sounds exactly like that.

Maybe its the legacy speed boost? It's a 110% speed boost that lasts for 12 seconds and its on a 20 second cooldown I believe so it can be used often. I just recently purchased it so i haven't tried it in a warzone yet, but from the descriptions you guys are giving it sounds exactly like that.

no... rocket boost can't be used in warzones...