PLEASE tone down canon part on Collocoid War Game(normal).

What group? Most of my SERVER can't figure this FP out, even after I told them that the healer stays out and the others cover them... explained how turrets work... etc. A LOT of regular non-hardcore players cannot figure out this instance, at all!

Dude, I was in the same position you were. I couldn't figure it out. So what did I do? I looked around for what other people did, and guess what? Turning the turrets inwards so you kill colicoids on the opposite side you started facing, actually did the trick. Now, instead of wondering why you can't beat it at 50, change your tactic!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about starting a thread on how this FP was too easy for me when I saw this discussion. Level 50 in PvP gear, are you serious? :confused: There was one wipe for us during the cannon part which happened, to be honest, because I got too fascinated with shooting this fine weapon and completely forgot about what I should be doing i.e. healing. :o On the second go I occupied a strategic position atop the big box in the middle and concentrated on restoring my group mates HP. That was some pretty intense healing session, at one point I almost lost one of my mates but, thanks to the newly acquired resplendence, it all ended well. All in all I`d say the turret part of the FP was just right. It was hard enough to make it interesting but not hard enough to make it frustrating.

After that things got a little... silly. Mobs did little to no damage, including elites and champions. There was almost no need for my healing untill the very end when the final boss used some AoE, reducing all of ours HP in half. This impressive feat prompted me to say to my group mates something like: "Finally some challenge!" But before I could finish typing... the boss died. :jawa_confused:

In conclusion I can say that in my opinion difficulty of the turret part is ok, difficulty for the rest of FP should be increased SIGNIFICANTLY. It was easier then some of the solo missions (in particular the class quest on Quesh which I did at the same level) not to mention heroics...

Edited by Zeratulr

It took the group i did this with a while to work the turrent part out but we got there and it was a nice challenge.

Main thing to let you and your team mates know is to make sure to take out the ranged colocoids first. These do the most damage and have more hp. Also the healer and 3 turrets is a good tactic if you're struggling with everyone on turrets. Another thing is to make SURE nobody tries to use anything while on a turrent since it dismounts and craps out everything..

Also i do remember some of the elites being too easy especially this droid. I think it barely did any damage because i interrupted the majority of its attacks... wow..

and really dont remember any bosses being of note. You do get a pet if you have slicing skills to aid you in the fight i was mad when i couldnt keep it... it had really low hp though :D

You do have to watch for the guys on the walkways though they have an attack that can knock you off the edge and make you backtrack a good distance!

Edited by AngusFTW

Dude... people popping in and out of turrets, shooting all directions. Has happened every time. I think the turret part was actually supposed to be kind of fun, not a challenge that you have to use weird tactics to beat. Anyway, it's clear that some people think that because it's doable with a good group, it must be fine. I don't think the instance is broken, but the turret part definitely plays out like something that wasn't tested.

So basically, we have a level 40 normal instance which requires precise timing and voice chat, when most hard modes don't. Does this seem right? I am calling this a balance issue. Like I said, it needs to be toned down.

Just for the record, it does not require precise timing or voice chat...It was awkward that they didn't tell me how to fire it and/or what dismounted me...After that was settled, I honestly don't understand what people are complaining about.

Please do NOT nerf this type of encounter. I found it a fun change of pace.

if they're being dismounted they're either trying to left click something or use abilities, either way it is an immediate red flag that they do not understand what's happening.

Exactly.

Darth, maybe you aren't explaining the fight properly?

So... u have to "glitch" the encounter to make it work and win it?

Or get a healer down to heal people?

It's a badly thought out design.

Wouldnt be so bad if they use the spaceship engine to run this.

Spaceship is similar and very responsive.

But these turrets are slow, unresponsive and dismount people.

Dude, I was in the same position you were. I couldn't figure it out. So what did I do? I looked around for what other people did, and guess what? Turning the turrets inwards so you kill colicoids on the opposite side you started facing, actually did the trick. Now, instead of wondering why you can't beat it at 50, change your tactic!

sorry to all those out there who has problems with it. Face the cannons towards each other and shoot the person across you targets.

I heard nightmare tales about this FP, but quite honest I find it a bit too easy on the cannons, if you know what you are doing.

It is a bit too difficult in my opinion, but it is manageable. We had a much harder time on Bulwark (before they fixed his damage mind you) in directive 7.

We wiped 3 or 4 times before we managed to get it right. I think a contributing factor was the turrets were bugged at the time, for instance my character would float in mid air as if mounted on the turret but the turret itself would not turn with me. But I assume that has been fixed.

Personally I think the normal mode should be tuned down a bit, as that sort of normal mode is more geared towards the casual gamer. But like any FP its all down to learning from your mistakes (wipes) and then coming up with a educated solution. Took us a while before we figured out we needed a healer in the middle, and which mobs to target down first.

Look, I understand the game has to be challenging sometimes, but right now I am 50 in full PVP gear and cannot get a group to clear this FP. Really? I have cleared almost all other content including Kaon Under Siege and heroics just fine, but Collocoid can't be done. Here's why:

People are not that good at moving turrets. I have tried the instance maybe 3-4 times, twice @ 50. No group I have found has been able to get past the opening turret sequence. I am standing there with Collocoids on 3 sides of me and a dead party. This needs to be adjusted.

I did this in the low 40's. It is ridiculously easy, but fun instance. To make the turret section easier, have your healer stand in the middle of the turrets, the tank and dps each get on a turret then face IN WARD towards the healer, so that they can cover each other's backs.

Make sure people actually know how the turrets works...All you do is left click a mob to shoot at it. That's it. Target the mobs with left click and the turret will automatically shoot them. Just keep clicking at the mobs as they die. Focus the big guys when needed.

No need for adjustment, just gotta know how to do it.

lolwut? This encounter is basically easy. Just aim turret, it fires automagically (no clicky-clicky!).

Here's the easy way to do it:

All 4 players on turrets turn around and aim "inwards" and cover your teammate that's opposite you. If you don't know what that means, run away before you get an idea and your head explodes. Basically this allows you to get extra time before any mob reaches you, since what you are shooting at is behind a teammate. And once they pass your teammate to get to you, they'll be killed by the crossfire of all four.

If you still can't manage I would suggest you listen to the poster above me telling you to go back to simpler things.

Edited by bubbathehut

All that matters is you kill the white ranged tagets AS SOON as they pop from the ground. Thats it, the melee will never get to you before you have a chance to kill them as long as you kill the white guys FAST!

Did it last night. Firs attempt wipped cause we didnt realize it ws auto fire.

Second attempt, wiped cause the healers couldnt grasp auto aim and tried to click targets

thrid attempt, after I beat into their heads that you HAVE to kill the white guys immediatly we squeaked through. Second wave was cake since we were used to it.

Seriously, its not that hard, i know many people may not have any shooter exp, but its not exactly "twitch" gaming. Target the white guys as they are coming out of the ground, it takes roughly 3 pulses to down them, switch to the other white guy after the 3rd pulse, dont wait for him to show death, and youve got it. I had 80% health at the end. They spawn roughly every other wave.

Its def different, and takes a little getting used to, and you cant carry a bad player, which is the real problem I suspect, but its doable once you understand the kill order. We didnt need to heal, or turn inwards. In fact, i suspect that would lead to more damage as the white cause would be farther way and harder to hit. just down the white guys quick. You should take no more than one blast from the group of two per spawn.

If i would want anything toned down, it would be the damn respan of the pather in the puzzle. Its not that hes hard, its just irritating to have to wait after every step of the puzzle for him to respawn.

Edited by Saberolson

the turning inward works because of the way the game is set up.

longer distance means less movement tocover more arc. and since it's autofire, and range doesn't matter it means that each shot is covering more arc, hitting more mobs. plus you've got more time before they get to you, because they do have an ag table.

• 1 year later...
Yup. Non-gamer SW fans will find this FP impossible. That is why I, the gamer dude, found myself surrounded by Collocoids on all sides. Guess what? SW fans get RUINED by this FP. Is this really a group that Bioware can affored to lose as fans near the endgame?

That is just a lot of BULL****!!! You so called "gamers" are the ones that are whining while the rest of us just do what we have to do!! Dont do the FP if you dont know what to do and let the rest manage.

That is just a lot of BULL****!!! You so called "gamers" are the ones that are whining while the rest of us just do what we have to do!! Dont do the FP if you dont know what to do and let the rest manage.

Judging by the quotation, my guess is the guy you're yelling at unsubscribed about a year ago.

Seriously? There's nothing hard about the turret phase as long as people know they should be killing the mobs in their quadrant and shooting the white ranged ones first. If they're new and not piping up for a run down then that's a player problem not a content one. You even get healed over time now so I don't understand why a group would wipe on it unless you find yourself short a person. For the longest time you had to have a healer sit in the middle and heal while you 3 gunned it. The only problem I've even seen in CWG are people that get booted over the edge during the puzzle part. I don't recall ever wiping on the turret phase unless you lose a person in the middle of it.

Seriously? There's nothing hard about the turret phase as long as people know they should be killing the mobs in their quadrant and shooting the white ranged ones first. If they're new and not piping up for a run down then that's a player problem not a content one. You even get healed over time now so I don't understand why a group would wipe on it unless you find yourself short a person. For the longest time you had to have a healer sit in the middle and heal while you 3 gunned it. The only problem I've even seen in CWG are people that get booted over the edge during the puzzle part. I don't recall ever wiping on the turret phase unless you lose a person in the middle of it.

Thread was necro'd from January 2012.