Windows 7's UAC

irciwh

Yes how about signing the launcher.exe file in game so my UAC wont go off every time i load the game up. I use a joystick program (that is signed) that i have to reload and run as admin just to get to work in STOW :) so please fix this.

Thanks.

A noob to STOW

PS

running UAC at normal level that Microsoft sets when you install win7.

disable it?

This. I have not had my UAC enabled since I first installed XP a few years ago. UAC is for a computer with multiple users. If you are the only person who has access to that particular computer, turn UAC off and use other security measures to restrict access.

Edited by Eswopikafa

This. I have not had my UAC enabled since I first installed XP a few years ago. UAC is for a computer with multiple users. If you are the only person who has access to that particular computer, turn UAC off and use other security measures to restrict access.

That's fine until you pick up a new nasty that your other security measures aren't up to scratch on. Turning off UAC is always a bad idea.

Turning off UAC is like leaving your front door of your house unlocked when you go out. Sure you may or may not get robbed but with uac on at least it will slow down the thief. UAC keeps programs from gaining access they should not have. Just because STOW programers are too lazy to program correctly doesn't mean i should have to lower my computer security.