Marauders / Sentinels

Leathen

W T F !!!!!!

How many "I win" buttons do they have !

(yeah I just got steam rolled in a warzone that consisted of 4 marauders, which is starting to happen ALOT now)

Edited by Leathen

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W T F !!!!!!

How many "I win" buttons do they have !

(yeah I just got steam rolled in a warzone that consisted of 4 marauders, which is starting to happen ALOT now)

Wait till you get done in off 4 PT lol

Marauders are overpowered anyone that says otherwise is lying probably because they are playing one or teamed with several. They think it's "skill" LOL

L2Picktherightclass

marauder WAS one of the only classes in the game that required something similar to finesse to play back between beta and 1.2. 1.2 saw a combination of buffs and dumbing down that made it more accessible, while retaining the high performance capability.

Unfortunately, with the dumbing down of marauders now every class in the game is easy to play for both PVE and PVP content, it was the last bastion of twitch gameplay.

Marauders are overpowered anyone that says otherwise is lying probably because they are playing one or teamed with several. They think it's "skill" LOL

L2Picktherightclass

Best part about this is "They think its skill" Troll the forums and tell everyone l2p. HAHA

They have 2 sorry my mistake flame burst rail shot don,t need nothing else

the 1k base damage elemental damage ability and the 1.5-1.8k base damage railshot abilities? impressive stuff.

Unfortunately, with the dumbing down of marauders now every class in the game is easy to play for both PVE and PVP content, it was the last bastion of twitch gameplay.

Agreed. The gutting of Merc heat management made it extremely boring to play. While our heals were definitely overpowered before, I would have been much happier with a power nerf rather than a resource nerf so we don't have to waste so much time spamming Rapid Shots and having a skill ceiling so low that a Ugnaught would be touching the top of it with their head.

You should probably go roll a marauder if you believe they're OP--if anything you'll gain the keys to defeat them a bit mo' betta. Shoot, I have two marauders just because I wanted to faceroll the sub 50 bracket with l33t RauderRage, it's hilarious--go try it. Edited by Blasphemerr

Just re-roll to Mara/Sent, it's what everyone else is doing.

Bioware thinks they are balanced and fair so they must be.

Georg Zoeller knows what he's doing.

OH WAIT!?!?!

Edited by Leoness

I find it interesting that no one has posted any actual claims based on any statements so far, this thread is just full of trolls stating their opinion without reasoning...

Marauders ARE overpowered, it is impossible to argue with that. They got instant cast on all but two abilities, which of one is uninterruptable, one of the highest burst AND sustained dmage capabilities of all classes. all this wouldn't be so weird, if it wasn't for their five defensive cooldowns, which of two is nr 1 and 2 of all classes...

I find it interesting that no one has posted any actual claims based on any statements so far, this thread is just full of trolls stating their opinion without reasoning...

Marauders ARE overpowered, it is impossible to argue with that. They got instant cast on all but two abilities, which of one is uninterruptable, one of the highest burst AND sustained dmage capabilities of all classes. all this wouldn't be so weird, if it wasn't for their five defensive cooldowns, which of two is nr 1 and 2 of all classes...

I could argue with it. They don't have ranged attacks, therefore they need better D than most dps and slightly better O. Guardians and Juggernauts should have better D than they do in their dps stances also but there has to be a trade-off for their ability to taunt or guard (even if they don't use it). Marauders are very counterable in pvp and it does take skill and practice to get their loose rotations down and optimized (while maintaining/using defensive cooldowns properly). Many people like to play them, myself included, because they are iconic: it's a star wars game, guardians/juggs are for those that like to use "guard" and taunts (which is not most people), and so those that have played a little come to the very solid pure dps class that is known to not suck. That said, those looking to play OP classes do not often pick them, they go for the pyros and sniper and some of the healer classes at the moment. The fact that the OP ran into a team with 4 good jk/knights that rolled his team doesn't really mean anything; yesterday I was in a game with 6 jks and we got slaughtered. But I've also recently been and/or fought teams with mostly troopers or mostly sorcs or mostly ops - it's just random arrangements.

I could argue with it. They don't have ranged attacks, therefore they need better D than most dps and slightly better O. Guardians and Juggernauts should have better D than they do in their dps stances also but there has to be a trade-off for their ability to taunt or guard (even if they don't use it). Marauders are very counterable in pvp and it does take skill and practice to get their loose rotations down and optimized (while maintaining/using defensive cooldowns properly). Many people like to play them, myself included, because they are iconic: it's a star wars game, guardians/juggs are for those that like to use "guard" and taunts (which is not most people), and so those that have played a little come to the very solid pure dps class that is known to not suck. That said, those looking to play OP classes do not often pick them, they go for the pyros and sniper and some of the healer classes at the moment. The fact that the OP ran into a team with 4 good jk/knights that rolled his team doesn't really mean anything; yesterday I was in a game with 6 jks and we got slaughtered. But I've also recently been and/or fought teams with mostly troopers or mostly sorcs or mostly ops - it's just random arrangements.

So you are saying their leap(s) isn't good enough as gap closers, and that the don't have as high damage uptime as ranged dps? I have two words for you: LoS, Instanta-cast.

Always fun to see peeps complaining about maras/sents defensives cd when they got those since beta and they were actually better and still maras/sents were considered up then comes 1.2 with some qol bufs and a nerf on the specc that peeps are complaining about right now which is annihilation. Amd suddenly all hell breaks loose and forums sheeps sink their teeths on a new fotm victim, fortunately the devs dont listen to those ret*ards and actually balance classes in fonction of their performance in their metrics.

Forget marauders.

Juggs are using force persuasion on you. "these are not the warriors you are looking for".

Dirty juggs skirting the radar by shifting the blame to marauders..:D

But seriously though...i hate juggs a lot more than maras

And guy above thinking classes are balanced? come on now

Edited by Luciferhawke