best 1v1 class

sinsProphecy

uhhh, pt powertechs, marauders, operatives, and tankassins are all amazing at 1v1. Comes down to player skill between these 4.

From what I have read on these forums you can just roll a merc then hit Trace Missle over and over and over and kill every player on the play field? I didnt even see them in the list.

hey all i am having trouble picking what to play for pvp. i like to be able to have good 1v1 fights. i have a 50 powertech but i think it has a lack of complexity. so can anyone give me some advice?

Didn't we just do this thread yesterday? <.<

Pretty sure that Annihilation Maras, Pyro PTs, and tank hybrid Sins win this contest.

Edited by Varicite

Anni/Watchman Marauder/sent annihilate pt/vanguard (accuracy debuff stops all rail shots from hitting), sniper/slinger is 100 percent hard counter to sent/marauder (noone knows it yet), stealth slaughters sniper/slinger, pt/vanguard pwns the @@%@ out of derps and so does op/scoundrel. doesn't make them OP though.

The one class that can beat everything? SiN/Shadow but it is a really close fight with a marauder/sent.

Anni/Watchman Marauder/sent annihilate pt/vanguard (accuracy debuff stops all rail shots from hitting), sniper/slinger is 100 percent hard counter to sent/marauder (noone knows it yet), stealth slaughters sniper/slinger, pt/vanguard pwns the @@%@ out of derps and so does op/scoundrel. doesn't make them OP though.

The one class that can beat everything? SiN/Shadow but it is a really close fight with a marauder/sent.

Crude, but pretty much true, imo. : P

Crude, but pretty much true, imo. : P

Yeah...It is gonna suck when people realize how good a counter sniper/slingers are to JK/SW classes lol.

I tore @$#% up on mine in beta. Two in tandem on skype would just be silly in a warzone. KABOOOOOOM :).

From what I have read on these forums you can just roll a merc then hit Trace Missle over and over and over and kill every player on the play field? I didnt even see them in the list.

to an extent. mercs have good dps but ****** survivability. have fun throwing TMs around but pray that no one notices you

btw that doesnt make them a good 1v1 class, probably the worst in the game

to an extent. mercs have good dps but ****** survivability. have fun throwing TMs around but pray that no one notices you

btw that doesnt make them a good 1v1 class, probably the worst in the game

Not probably. They are the worst 1v1 class in the game. Absolute free kill for my sent/marauder.

They said they are changing the rotation around though. Hopefully they give you guys some procs/etc for a bit more mobility. The "nerf" will probably end up being a buff.

ATM they are a very poor mans sage/sorc. PVE? They are gods because AI sucks at interrupts. :)

Hard to determin, wish you could duel in Fleet.

A shame that duel isnt a part of this game, since you cannot do it where people are at.

Dueling isn't really the same as 1vs1 in a warzone. But I do agree that it is still 1vs1.

Edited by xxdragonragexx

Dueling isn't really the same as 1vs1 in a warzone. But I do agree that it is still 1vs1.

How is dueling Not the same as 1v1? It IS 1v1! 1v1 in warzones seldom happen, and usually if it does someone always comes by and attacks your guy, or attacks you. Anyone playing on the server Sword of Ajunta Pall, check out http://www.swordofajuntapall.com We will be having a Best in Class PvP Tournament. Full details are posted on Sword of Ajunta Pall's un offical website listed above.

Not probably. They are the worst 1v1 class in the game. Absolute free kill for my sent/marauder.

They said they are changing the rotation around though. Hopefully they give you guys some procs/etc for a bit more mobility. The "nerf" will probably end up being a buff.

ATM they are a very poor mans sage/sorc. PVE? They are gods because AI sucks at interrupts. :)

i figured a sniper would want to chime in on that comment so i used probably

god i hope they move some of our buffs/debuffs to instant abilities. ill take a harder class to play with more survivability. right now i just call it a pseudo nerf since the common idea on the merc forums is that a reworking of the class will be a buff to those who can adapt and a nerf to those who cant

hey all i am having trouble picking what to play for pvp. i like to be able to have good 1v1 fights. i have a 50 powertech but i think it has a lack of complexity. so can anyone give me some advice?

For complexity and dps, go with sent/mar. GS/Snipers are up there too in terms of buttons to push (depends a bit on tree).

But really, why are you worried that much about 1 v 1? The frequency of 1 v 1's that happen in WZ's is very low, and usually means that both of you are not doing what you should be doing to help win the objective fight.

Every class/spec is useful in a team fight if played well (not just as an individual, but also in the context of the team). Survivability and kills don't help for winning if you're smacking someone away from the doors in Voidstar while his buddy is capping. Healing isn't very effective if your team doesn't have enough dps to push the other team off of an objective (unless you capped it first). Tanking isn't very effective if you're not throwing guard on your healer and following him/her around to keep dps off of them.

Edited by jayfourc

1v1 might not happen, and the game may not be balanced around it, but if your class is extremely good in 1on1, that means that 2 of you can probably win a 2v3, with one of the less good 1on1'ers in the larger group.

and THAT matters.

Skill should take you far, gear should take you further, but because your class is better than another in pvp, come on...

because you can't do this in 1on1. they only can do this if left alone.

uhhh, pt powertechs, marauders, operatives, and tankassins are all amazing at 1v1. Comes down to player skill between these 4.

Odd that you did not mention balance shadow or madness assassin. Probably we are still a very small minority ^^

But we kick some serious ***** :D

Edited by Anelyn

PT/Vanguards destroy all except Maras and Tankasins

Mara/Sents kick the **** out of PTs and beat everyone but Snipers (Hard Counter) and Tankasins

Tankasins should win every 1v1

Edited by jitsuo