Anyone else think crew skills are matched up poorly?

RebelArch

when i saw how mismatched they all were back in Beta, i said then and there that crew skill bonuses would not factor into what classes i got. i just picked 6 characters and said, you're my cybertech, you're my armormech...ect.

30+million credits later, i've never regretted it.

Only thing I hate about underworld trading is 99.9999999999999% of the missions are for companion gifts. Make underworld trading actually resemble trading of goods or call it cupcake happy land skills to nullify companions -30 for slaughtering millions with one simple present.

Only thing I hate about underworld trading is 99.9999999999999% of the missions are for companion gifts. Make underworld trading actually resemble trading of goods or call it cupcake happy land skills to nullify companions -30 for slaughtering millions with one simple present.

WRONG. I know you are exaggerating but you are still wrong. Take a more balanced approach toward mission selection and you will never want for the mission you desire. Mission randomization (for UT) is at least in part based on what you have run in the past and I can prove it....

There was a point where all I wanted was companion gifts (trying to increase affection on an alt's companions), I sent all my companions on as many gift missions as I could. Eventually, there came a point where I got no gift missions; in grade 6 all I had were fabrics and metals missions. Of course I took full advantage of it :).

And currently, I am stockpiling materials, I am in no rush to get any one type so I send my one +crit to UT companion on the best mission available. Sometimes that is metals sometimes it's fabrics. In the last month, I have yet to have a login where I do not have either the abundant fabrics or metals mission available, and often both are (if both are I do both by sending a second companion out).

Getting back on topic... This is a sci-fi fantasy game. Is there no way for you to imagine an advanced society being able to manipulate metal in such a way that it looks and feels like cloth? And in all honesty, we are doing this in real life now. There are experimental materials out there right now that are as flexible as cloth but when electricity or enough force is applied it becomes harder than steel.

Yea I hate getting those gifts that sell for 15-25k and take half the time to complete compared to a metal mission.

Yea I hate getting those gifts that sell for 15-25k and take half the time to complete compared to a metal mission.

Just curious, is someone realy buying companion gifts? As a new player i dont realy see a point in getting them, so could u explain why would somebody need it?

When im sending my companions on missions i always try to skip the gifts to get metal/fabrics to later sell them on GTN, but 15-25k is alot more then im usually getting from the metals/fabrics i got after completing a mission.

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious, is someone realy buying companion gifts? As a new player i dont realy see a point in getting them, so could u explain why would somebody need it?

the companion gifts model was something straight out of Dragon Age: Origins (and maybe other Bioware games, but I haven't played those). Give Companions gifts, get their Affection up, and you get a number of benefits:

1. Story content - unlock cut-scene conversations with their own unique story arcs and some sidequests. It's also how to experience the Romances.

2. XP - If the story content isn't good enough motivation, then you also get XP for each conversation you do.

3. +10 Presence - For every companion where you finish their conversation chain, you get +10 Presence for every character in your Legacy. It's not as big a deal for high level characters, but if you roll a lowbie alt...? A friend and I are two-manning HEROIC-4s at low level because we both have high Presences thanks to this feature.

4. Crew mission success/crits - Higher Affection leads to a higher percentage of crew mission successes and crits. I don't know the percentages though (and if I am wildly wrong about that, someone please feel free to correct me).

+10 Presence - For every companion where you finish their conversation chain, you get +10 Presence for every character in your Legacy. It's not as big a deal for high level characters, but if you roll a lowbie alt...? A friend and I are two-manning HEROIC-4s at low level because we both have high Presences thanks to this feature.

Is this still active ? Is there a limit on how many presence i can get by this way ?

kijthae: yes it is active. The limit is, +10 presence per companion per class. So if you finish up all story missions with all companions with all 8 classes, you can get a +400 presence bonus for your legacy.

AlixMV: it was confirmed by a dev post that crew skill crit chance is raised by 1% every 2000 affection points.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012

kijthae: yes it is active. The limit is, +10 presence per companion per class. So if you finish up all story missions with all companions with all 8 classes, you can get a +400 presence bonus for your legacy.

AlixMV: it was confirmed by a dev post that crew skill crit chance is raised by 1% every 2000 affection points.

Which is why C2N2 is so incredibly awesome for Cybertech.

10k affection = 5%

Cyber Part = 5%

3 Legacy Perks = 3%

13% Crit rate on cybertech crafting. Yes, please.

Excellent, thanks. :) That was one of those hearsay things I knew, but I had no idea where I'd gotten the info from.

Which is why C2N2 is so incredibly awesome for Cybertech.

13% Crit rate on cybertech crafting. Yes, please.

....I guess I ought to look into dumping all those leftover gifts on him. o.O

Edited by AlixMV

When im sending my companions on missions i always try to skip the gifts to get metal/fabrics to later sell them on GTN, but 15-25k is alot more then im usually getting from the metals/fabrics i got after completing a mission.

Try maxing your companions to 10k without running your own missions, you'll go broke.

Once you get past level 3 those gifts are expensive. But my missions are giving me everything except the weapon gifts I need.

I thought I'd buy some gifts to get the last 1000 points but figured it would cost me over 300,000.

I know some people got money like that to throw around but not me.