Lost Island HM should have better loot.

Dont forget though, it's in Group Finder but its 5 commendation reward is SHARED between the Tier 1 HM Flashpoints too.

The very reason it has been seperated is so that people can still get their 5 daily Black Hole comms without accidentally landing themselves in LI HM.

A great team of guildmembers could do it Tionese, a good team in Columi, a decent team/PUG in Mixed Columi/Rakata and a below average team could do it in Rakata or higher.

Yeah, i realise that the daily 5 comms reward is shared (which makes LI even more pointless), was talking about a weekly Rakghoul Conflicts quest which is 8 additional comms per week. Not a great loss i would say.

^^^^

The non-lockout of HM LI means you could farm it for super loot over and over in a single day and get everything you need.

It would basically eliminate HM EV and HM KP.

No real need to change the loot table. And unless you have HM Ops on farm, the Rakata chest and Columi mainhand is usually a decent upgrade.

With EC being here for 4.5 months and the approach of TfB and EC NiM, i'd say EV and KP HM can be considered as an outdated content pretty soon. So there's really no need to worry of them becoming "eliminated" by some alternative source of Rakata gear.

Edited by Trollokdamus

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the devs did a good job balancing LI and it drops appropriate loot. I just leveled an alt to 50 on my server as sniper lethality dps and the second I dinged I did a HM LI run. I was able to do it easily while wearing green questing loot with some blues. I also got lucky and every boss dropped sniper loot. The hm fps and operations are relatively easy its all about executing and doing your job right. As long as you continue your rotation and you don't stand in stuff you should be fine. The loot is plenty good for the difficultly.

No offense dude, but, you got carried, plain and simple .....

With EC being here for 4.5 months and the approach of TfB and EC NiM, i'd say EV and KP HM can be considered as an outdated content pretty soon. So there's really no need to worry of them becoming "eliminated" by some alternative source of Rakata gear.

For anyone who has never run EV, KP, EC, it doesn't matter how long ago it was released, it's still new content to them.

For anyone who has run EV/KP HM a bunch of times and is tired of it, they most likely have Rakata anyway.

My post was speaking to the progression of new players hitting 50. Lost Island, in my personal opinion, has good gear rewards. It just requires more skill.

I've run Denova with people that couldn't pass LR-5, and we had massive troubles getting past Toth and Zorn. Wipe wipe wipe expensive repair bill give up.

Then I started running Denova with people who could do Lost Island, and lo and behold, we made it through Kephess. So my vote is:

1. Don't nerf Lost Island

2. Don't up the rewards

I must be doing something wrong... I've got BH and mostly Rakata/Columi gear and have never successfully made it past the first boss encounter... I read someone posting who was a Scoundrel who said they had trouble keeping his/her mates alive. The Scoundrel and his/her mates all had high level gear.

There must be something going wrong with the group is all I can think, though to what exactly I'm not sure with limited data. I'd just recommend persevering with instance and looking to see why people are dying and what to exactly, this might give you some ideas to how to survive the encounter.

Its possible to do LI with 3 people with a Marauder as the tank, so if you are dying it suggests the group needs to figure out where they are going wrong.

For anyone who has never run EV, KP, EC, it doesn't matter how long ago it was released, it's still new content to them.

For anyone who has run EV/KP HM a bunch of times and is tired of it, they most likely have Rakata anyway.

My post was speaking to the progression of new players hitting 50. Lost Island, in my personal opinion, has good gear rewards. It just requires more skill.

I've run Denova with people that couldn't pass LR-5, and we had massive troubles getting past Toth and Zorn. Wipe wipe wipe expensive repair bill give up.

Then I started running Denova with people who could do Lost Island, and lo and behold, we made it through Kephess. So my vote is:

1. Don't nerf Lost Island

2. Don't up the rewards

Thats one of the other perks of LI. You can't always get a raid together to test new guild members, but their performance in LI hm is always a good indication of what they'll be like raiding EC hm. Actually recruited a good handful of people after running LI hm with me and 1 or 2 guildies and inviting them to apply if they're interested in raiding.

Agree on that. But this game is a MMO, it's supposed to move forward. Old content retires at some point, being replaced by the new one. Technically it's still there, so if new players are willing to experience it, nothing stops them.

My point is, at this step, gear provided by outdated content is no longer that important, so an alternate source of it wouldn't hurt anyone. People who still enjoy old OP's can run them and gear up for greater challenges like it happens today, while those who are sick of them can use an alternate source so they don't have to run same old stuff again.

If a new player decides to go straight through the alternate source... well, it's his choice, this means he wasn't interested in old content in the first place. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Trollokdamus

• 2 months later...

I really hope this issue gets looked at again. The only piece of gear in LI HM that isn't easily obtainable elsewhere is the Rakata Chest. Even if this FP is tuned for Tionese, progression wise it's impossible to argue it's not more efficient for a fresh 50 starting out to do Directive 7 and Foundry HMs and get the respective Columi tokens (plus other loot) there than attempting this. I do this every week and I've never had anyone need the tokens from the first two bosses or even ask to attempt the bonus boss.

And things have changed since 1.2. First the 1.3 changes that reflect the more accessible FP philosophy and upped the rewards for running the tier 1 FPs but didn't similarly improve the quality of LI HM loot, and second most people now are working on Black Hole gear progression wise, so Rakata would actually be a temporary fill in gearwise but not the end all be all. And now with the recent massive buffs to getting BH comms from the Tier 2 ops, there's VERY little incentive for well geared players to run LI HM. At this point I've seen better geared people doing the tier 1 FPs (which are faster and guaranteed to be far less painless) than LI HM.

Upping the quality of the loot from the bosses (besides Lorrick) would really improve the incentives to run this. For people working on Black Hole gear anyway, Rakata grade isn't really the best available gear anyway, but would be an incentive to chose LI over the tier 1s once they filled up on Columi for some temporary upgrades. Especially with the droid being such a good gatekeeper for the rest of the FP.

At this point I've seen better geared people doing the tier 1 FPs (which are faster and guaranteed to be far less painless) than LI HM.

Eh, what? Given a choice, I'll always do LI HM for my daily. it's basically the second fastest flashpoint after Taral V, so it's much better than queueing for a Tier 1 and possibly getting Esseles or FE or something else horribly long.

Eh, what? Given a choice, I'll always do LI HM for my daily. it's basically the second fastest flashpoint after Taral V, so it's much better than queueing for a Tier 1 and possibly getting Esseles or FE or something else horribly long.

It's much more difficult than other HM FP.

It's much more difficult than other HM FP.

It only requires an understanding of strategy, placement, and awareness of what is happening.

A friend of mine joined a new guild and started running people through LI. She did 5 runs each day for most of a week and brought everyone through it.

It only requires an understanding of strategy, placement, and awareness of what is happening.

A friend of mine joined a new guild and started running people through LI. She did 5 runs each day for most of a week and brought everyone through it.

I tried at least 10 GF groups and only 1 made it to the 2nd boss, and I think it's a bit pointless to run it since I can get blackhole gear, NM KP is easier than it as well.

I tried at least 10 GF groups and only 1 made it to the 2nd boss, and I think it's a bit pointless to run it since I can get blackhole gear, NM KP is easier than it as well.

Wow.

Well, to each his own. I happen to like running it because it is challenging and fun. Plus why say no to the Rakghoul Weekly?

I also have to say that I've known many groups who can run NM KP, and ALL of them were able to run HM LI. The idea that a group could do NM KP but fail at HM LI? That's just weird to me.

Edited by Khevar

Wow.

Well, to each his own. I happen to like running it because it is challenging and fun. Plus why say no to the Rakghoul Weekly?

I also have to say that I've known many groups who can run NM KP, and ALL of them were able to run HM LI. The idea that a group could do NM KP but fail at HM LI? That's just weird to me.

Well I thought about this as well, but after I failed in so many groups and paid at least 70k repair bill before killed just the droid boss, I found it's pointless. I think they should nerf the first and 2nd boss since in a MMO, it's pointless to fight a boss that require your gear to be at least as good as his drop and tons of movement.

Since Rakata is almost pointless with BH -> Columi/Tionese mods swap and about 50 BH comms a week...

I'll pass on the "super easy FP, really" from guys obviously doing it with largely overgeared characters. I've done it with my heal merc (almost full WH with highest primary stat BM implants + half augmented pieces + reflex stim), and with more than decent stats I had a really hard time keeping a 24k hp PT tank, a 24k hp sniper and a 18k hp sorc alive, so all of us had better than required gear if a Columi/Rakata combo isn't.

In fact, all of the PvE encounters drop lesser quality items than what they should and it's been partially upgraded already, with some high level story mode FPs looting Tionese, as they should have from start instead of crappy ilvl 50-51 blue modded orange shells.

I just stopped reading and laughed when you said you had a 24k hp sniper. Maybe if you had properly itemised players you may have found it easier. Anything over 21k for a fully geared toon is poorly itemised.

Well I thought about this as well, but after I failed in so many groups and paid at least 70k repair bill before killed just the droid boss, I found it's pointless. I think they should nerf the first and 2nd boss since in a MMO, it's pointless to fight a boss that require your gear to be at least as good as his drop and tons of movement.

Sorry, that is one of the funniest things I've read today. If you can't get past the first boss after it's already been nerfed pretty bad then it says a lot about the players in the group. How about you get better instead of them nerfing everything into the ground. Also, if you can't manage to move out of a mechanic... wow, you do realise you have movement keys right?

Edited by Kanjir

Sorry, that is one of the funniest things I've read today. If you can't get past the first boss after it's already been nerfed pretty bad then it says a lot about the players in the group. How about you get better instead of them nerfing everything into the ground. Also, if you can't manage to move out of a mechanic... wow, you do realise you have movement keys right?

Yes but it's still a lot harder than other FP's bosses and its drop is the same with HM Revan, who is 10 times easier.

As a player I have a better choice, don't do it since I can get better gear through other FP/OPS.

Yes but it's still a lot harder than other FP's bosses and its drop is the same with HM Revan, who is 10 times easier.

As a player I have a better choice, don't do it since I can get better gear through other FP/OPS.

Well, don't do it then. Some people who do find it difficult like the challenge. It's like a harcore mode in other games. You may or may not be able to play the game in that mode but it doesn't mean it should be made easier if you can't.

Well, don't do it then. Some people who do find it difficult like the challenge. It's like a harcore mode in other games. You may or may not be able to play the game in that mode but it doesn't mean it should be made easier if you can't.

Well I also try it because I want challenge but 70k+ repair bill and many groups' disband is not interesting at all. Also most of the players just want to get gear. That's why ops like TFB got the highest tier gear drop to match its difficulty rather than Rakata gears, same with most of the MMO.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Well I also try it because I want challenge but 70k+ repair bill and many groups' disband is not interesting at all. Also most of the players just want to get gear. That's why ops like TFB got the highest tier gear drop to match its difficulty rather than Rakata gears, same with most of the MMO.

Well this thread really should be CLOSED. They listened to what you all had to say and nerfed LI so now you can't complain that the rewards don't match the difficulty. I hope you're all happy with yourselves:(

No, not really. They just don't cater to ultra-casuals. Post-nerf your argument doesn't hold much water.

I tried hard mode post nerf (if it has been nerfed recently I don't know). I was in full columni (except main hand and belt - rakata ear piece - war hero implants and relics), but my PUG group still had problems. I spent over 200K. Very soon I will have a full BH set including off-hand weapon. Hopefully, this will be enough to finally run this often enough to eventually get my Columi Main Hand Weapon.

I wish there was another way to get columi main hand weapon at least.

Got to the last boss, but could not move fast enough out of stuff on the floor despite avoid satchel charges. Healer could not spare heals either since she was focused on tank. As DPS, you're on your own to break kolto tanks sometimes...my rotation is decent and my dps is about 1300-1400 using MOX parser...I've heard this is an okay range?

Edited by Knightsire

I tried hard mode post nerf (if it has been nerfed recently I don't know). I was in full columni (except main hand and belt - rakata ear piece - war hero implants and relics), but my PUG group still had problems. I spent over 200K. Very soon I will have a full BH set including off-hand weapon. Hopefully, this will be enough to finally run this often enough to eventually get my Columi Main Hand Weapon.

Got to the last boss, but could not move fast enough out of stuff on the floor despite avoid satchel charges. Healer could not spare heals either since she was focused on tank. As DPS, you're on your own to break kolto tanks sometimes...my rotation is decent and my dps is about 1300-1400 using MOX parser...I've heard this is an okay range?

Your dps doesn't seem to be the issue from what you've said, frequently I've found that some healers neglect to cleanse/purge dps who get hit by satchel charges in lieu of focusing on healing the tank. But there should be a couple of instances in phase 1 where the healer has more than enough time to drop the debuff stacks off you. So while I hesitate to criticize based on what you've posted, it would seem to be more of a tank or healer issue than a dps issue.

P.S: Try Story Mode KP - Karagga drops that, only issue is that it has a lockout.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I was almost full columni and got BH ear piece but still wiped so much.