Only one toon?

ApollosNight

So am I the only player who only has one character? I’ve only ever played Sith Assassin. If I replay, I mail all my stuff to my new toon and start over. Mainly this is because whenever I play a BioWare game, I get attached to the way I chose things in my first playthrough: that becomes my ‘story.’ I find it impossible to break this mold. The only thing that makes me want to is how all the class stories happen together and how I can weave them together into one story. Like have all my Imp toons wants to make a better Empire and my Pub toons screw the Republic over.

So am I the only player who only has one character? I’ve only ever played Sith Assassin. If I replay, I mail all my stuff to my new toon and start over. Mainly this is because whenever I play a BioWare game, I get attached to the way I chose things in my first playthrough: that becomes my ‘story.’ I find it impossible to break this mold. The only thing that makes me want to is how all the class stories happen together and how I can weave them together into one story. Like have all my Imp toons wants to make a better Empire and my Pub toons screw the Republic over.

There was a period where I used to do that and let me say I am happy I stopped doing it. Like, I still try to focus, in the sense that if I replay a Sith Inquisitor that I only replay that class story and don't start a Sith Warrior inbetween. But all the other toons I keep and play dailies, warzones or other pve content on. And new story content of course, when it's available.

Of course, you should play the game you want to play, but if I may offer some advice? The game is so big and extensive that it would be a pity to limit yourself to only one character. Having multiple Sith Inquisitors for example and each having gone through the story differently is really fun and it's not necessary to delete the characters. I do get where you're coming from, because I have done it myself for a while. But I came to enjoy SWTOR a lot more since I stopped playing the game that way :) besides, all the bound gear and items you get, it's such a waste to delete it all when you can just keep it. Even if you have 3 or 4 Sith Inquisitors, be it Assassins or Sorcs, you can still make them feel unique while keeping all of them!

Edited by Ylliarus

You miss out on the best most thorough content the game has to offer if you only play one character. The content I speak of is the original chapters that came out with the game at launch.

Every class has a story and very well developed companions that are far different from all the other classes. Not only that, but you can also take the same class through the story and make different decisions based on how you want your character to behave.

You can have one Sith that hates everything and wants nothing but power while your other Sith has a soft spot and is actually "light side" and not so evil. You can do this with the Republic characters too, take a Jedi and make dark side decisions... You don't have to be a goody goody Jedi.

Later on, the later stories become watered down and companions lack much of the development the original chapters provide. The stories also are basically cookie cuttered so no matter what class your character is, the story plays out the same. The devs got cheap and lazy, so created this kind of crap later on.

Do yourself a favor, and create many alts, if anything this game offers one big thing and that is the stories especially the early developed content. Playing different alts will be like reading different books.

I have multiple toons, more than I expected. Just when I thought that was good enough, imagination remained inspired and so I created even more.

But I will always have one true main. She doesn't need to be my only character for that to hold true. Whenever a new story comes out, she will be the first to experience it, and any part of the story that is the same for all classes and characters will be considered marked territory.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

You miss out on the best most thorough content the game has to offer if you only play one character. The content I speak of is the original chapters that came out with the game at launch.

Every class has a story and very well developed companions that are far different from all the other classes. Not only that, but you can also take the same class through the story and make different decisions based on how you want your character to behave.

You can have one Sith that hates everything and wants nothing but power while your other Sith has a soft spot and is actually "light side" and not so evil. You can do this with the Republic characters too, take a Jedi and make dark side decisions... You don't have to be a goody goody Jedi.

Later on, the later stories become watered down and companions lack much of the development the original chapters provide. The stories also are basically cookie cuttered so no matter what class your character is, the story plays out the same. The devs got cheap and lazy, so created this kind of crap later on.

Do yourself a favor, and create many alts, if anything this game offers one big thing and that is the stories especially the early developed content. Playing different alts will be like reading different books.

Or reading the same book from a different perspective! I definitely agree with what you're saying here, the class stories are the best story content out there. I keep replaying them and honestly, I can't get enough of them! They're infinitely better when compared to KotFE and KotET, so making alts and going through the class stories multiple times is definitely a solid path to having fun and enjoying the game a lot :)

Besides, it's a game, you're meant to have fun! So don't restrict yourself in anything when it comes to having fun in the game :)

Edited by Ylliarus

Or reading the same book from a different perspective! I definitely agree with what you're saying here, the class stories are the best story content out there. I keep replaying them and honestly, I can't get enough of them! They're infinitely better when compared to KotFE and KotET, so making alts and going through the class stories multiple times is definitely a solid path to having fun and enjoying the game a lot :)

Besides, it's a game, you're meant to have fun! So don't restrict yourself in anything when it comes to having fun in the game :)

I will never complain about the original chapters, even not being a story-mode player didn't stop my surprise in how deep and well written they were. The companions are awesome too, with all of their intricate stories and the voice acting of course. The money and effort was worth it in my opinion because the game made a real mark in the history of MMO gaming with it's original content at launch. Doubt another touches it in that regard.

I will never complain about the original chapters, even not being a story-mode player didn't stop my surprise in how deep and well written they were. The companions are awesome too, with all of their intricate stories and the voice acting of course. The money and effort was worth it in my opinion because the game made a real mark in the history of MMO gaming with it's original content at launch. Doubt another touches it in that regard.

It's part of the reason why I keep playing SWTOR but more importantly, keep returning to the game every single day with the same level of enthusiasm and excitement as I did when I first played it 6 years ago. Or almost the same level, KotFE and KotET did damage my enjoyment and excitement, I admit.

I've tried out other MMO's, WoW, ESO and Guild Wars, but it was SWTOR that I kept returning to, because this game gives me story I want (the class stories and all pre-KotFE content that is).

I've tried out other MMO's, WoW, ESO and Guild Wars, but it was SWTOR that I kept returning to, because this game gives me story I want (the class stories and all pre-KotFE content that is).

I never could get into WOW, ever. I have tried 4-5 times too, every couple years lol. All my favorite MMOs died, and SWTOR was the last bastion standing for me. Now I am homeless. :p

I definitely recommend seeing all of the class stories. One thing that I ended up appreciating once I had done all 8 was the fact that they're woven together. Actions taken by one class end up affecting another, and seeing how the writers tied this together can be quite enjoyable.

One suggestion I would have for doing this is to go back and forth between Empire and Republic, rather than doing all Empire first, then Republic (or vice versa).

Although the class missions themselves are unique, there are a number of planetary based quests that are the same for any imperial character, and another set of planetary quests that are the same for any republic character.

Switching back and forth between the two factions can help reduce the feeling of "didn't I just see that?".

Edited by Khevar