Scourge interaction update changing on it's own

SilverDove

Any one else had this issue?

When Scourge rejoined my JK she ofc started a relationship with him because he's pure awesome. However I have just logged on my JK and found this update for him "Despite the relationship you began upon Scourge's return to your life, things have changed and you ended your romantic relationship".

Excuse me? Did Scourge dump my JK in her absence? Can they please get back together? My JK is very sad right now, she wants her big red hunk back.

That's a really strange issue. Given that you were only able to enter the relationship in Onslaught there shouldn't be any triggers to end such a new relationship, other than resuming a relationship with Doc/Kira if you're playing a JK.

There was a glitch that was turning Kira & Scourge hostile in the Force Enclave, which just got patched recently. It's possible that fixing that caused your current problem as they would've had to modify Kira & Scourge's data to fix that issue.

You would think BW Would come on the forum and tell peoples to hold on after they got the many many MANY reports of bugs when it come to the Li...but nooo...

Urgh .

Anyone see this, Hold on until they come out and say they fixed the companions .

I haven't touched it till they fix my Lana romance .

You would think BW Would come on the forum and tell peoples to hold on after they got the many many MANY reports of bugs when it come to the Li...but nooo...

Urgh .

Anyone see this, Hold on until they come out and say they fixed the companions .

I haven't touched it till they fix my Lana romance .

A lot of times problems like these/those stem from parts of a game being too tied into to other parts of the game to the point where if you make any kind of alternation to something you suddenly break 100 other things, or more specifically strings of code.

The best way to imagine it is like a spider's web where all of your core systems & everything that was part of the vanilla game are at the center of the web. Every time they do an update like 2.0, 3.0, etc, that adds another layer/ring around the web, but each of those rings has a string connecting to the center of the web in some way. Mess with any one of the strings & you're potentially shaking/breaking anything it's connected to, which is ALOT of stuff when it comes to things like MMOs that keep updating over time.

I know that for a long-time Blizzard wanted to be to remove the starter inventory bag you start off with in WoW. They wanted to make it bigger/better. The problem was that because it had been around since launch, it was something that was tied into way too many other systems in the game. It didn't need to be tied into that many things it's just something that sort of happened as a result of them adding so much content to the game since it launched. That being said I think they eventually figured out how to change/remove the bag, I could be wrong, but it took years for it to happen.

I just hope they sort it out and get those of us affected back to the correct relationship status with scourge before any more story developments are released. It would be rather annoying to miss the romance content because a bug ended the relationship when we didn't want to.

My guardian has remained single a long time waiting for scourge to get his feels back.

A lot of times problems like these/those stem from parts of a game being too tied into to other parts of the game to the point where if you make any kind of alternation to something you suddenly break 100 other things, or more specifically strings of code.

The best way to imagine it is like a spider's web where all of your core systems & everything that was part of the vanilla game are at the center of the web. Every time they do an update like 2.0, 3.0, etc, that adds another layer/ring around the web, but each of those rings has a string connecting to the center of the web in some way. Mess with any one of the strings & you're potentially shaking/breaking anything it's connected to, which is ALOT of stuff when it comes to things like MMOs that keep updating over time.

I know that for a long-time Blizzard wanted to be to remove the starter inventory bag you start off with in WoW. They wanted to make it bigger/better. The problem was that because it had been around since launch, it was something that was tied into way too many other systems in the game. It didn't need to be tied into that many things it's just something that sort of happened as a result of them adding so much content to the game since it launched. That being said I think they eventually figured out how to change/remove the bag, I could be wrong, but it took years for it to happen.

A simple 'We are aware of the bugs, and we gonna reset the expansion or give you a terminal for said cutscene on Odessen'' would've been enough...

I dont need to know how the tarantula make its web lol Remember them Floating Eyeballs bugs ? lol

Seriously. My Knight spent the class quest and all this time after pining for Scourge. He never flirted with, nevermind romanced anyone else so to see this suddenly pop up was pretty infuriating. It seems them fixing the other romances (apparently) or stopping them attacking the Imp characters on Odessan went and broke this. I wonder if anyone who romanced Kira (like a female Knight) also got hit with this or if it's only Scourge? :mad: Edited by Farferello

I wonder if anyone who romanced Kira (like a female Knight) also got hit with this or if it's only Scourge? :mad:

Just checked my female Jedi Knight who was romancing Doc but switched to Kira. The new romance remains intact after this latest patch.

Edited by Tahirri

Just went to check this and I'm noticing it on Scourge too. :( As it happens, even though I have played from launch (with a break in the middle around 3.0), this is the first romance bug I have knowingly encountered. Guess I'll just shuffle into the already-packed club of people who've encountered such issues for years... Edited by Estelindis

This is why I have started taking insta-token characters through the new content first, and waiting a long time to bring older characters through. I was just about to bring my Ossus character though Onslaught. He was going to romance Scourge since he didn't have a prior romance. Now I'm glad I've been too busy :(

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Thanks for calling attention to this - we're aware of the issue and investigating. Please, if you haven't already, submit in-game tickets on the affected characters - this gets our team the info they need to investigate effectively.

Thank you!

This is why I have started taking insta-token characters through the new content first, and waiting a long time to bring older characters through. I was just about to bring my Ossus character though Onslaught. He was going to romance Scourge since he didn't have a prior romance. Now I'm glad I've been too busy :(

Yep. Thankfully it happened for me on a Token character as well, as I was too curious to see the romance but my other Knights are still in their class story which I don't like rushing.

Thinking something may have gone awry while they were 'fixing up' our companion list during the most recent patch and sorting class companions into the correct tabs or something.

Edited by JennyFlynn

Hey everyone!

Thanks for calling attention to this - we're aware of the issue and investigating. Please, if you haven't already, submit in-game tickets on the affected characters - this gets our team the info they need to investigate effectively.

Thank you!

Thanks for responding. I'll get a ticket submitted and hopefully get my jk her other half back.

Hey everyone!

Thank you!

Thanks for acknowledging this, Eric. I have submitted an in game ticket as you requested. I don't want to lose my big red guy after waiting for so long.

I guess I'm going to be that person and express my relief at being a slowpoke and having other things on my mind lately :(. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon. I too have waited a very long time for Lord Scourge and this is a huge kick in the nads for everyone who waited patiently all these years to finally have him only to have it get broken. I need my beloved Sith Lord please and thanks. <3 Edited by Lunafox

Hey everyone!

Thank you!

Thank you for reaching out and getting involved so quickly on your day off. :)

I suppose what bothers me the most is why this is even in the game that a romanced character can break up with the main character. Unless this has something to do with the Saboteur story line where the MC's actions could cause a LI to separate ways. What a kick in the head that would be, especially if there's no way to get them back. Looking at Theron here.

Either way, some trigger point got changed somewhere and I do hope they can fix it soon.

I suppose what bothers me the most is why this is even in the game that a romanced character can break up with the main character. Unless this has something to do with the Saboteur story line where the MC's actions could cause a LI to separate ways. What a kick in the head that would be, especially if there's no way to get them back. Looking at Theron here.

Either way, some trigger point got changed somewhere and I do hope they can fix it soon.

I suspect that the default script in place for all romances, where you can break up should you choose to romance someone else, was triggered while they rearranged our companion list in Thursday's patch. The patch notes even specifically point out moving Scourge (and Kira and Jakarro) to the right category, and I'm guessing somehow it caused a bug with the Scourge romance string.

Can't imagine it's saboteur related as the romance is engaged post-Corellia, with our sab/loyalist status already affirmed, and the break-up line states we did the breaking up, not him. That said, it would be a sure kick in the gut if sab/loyalist actions put our romances at risk, especially with the non-existent options to romance someone else in the current content and there being no warning for it thus far. Theron's anger and a missed kiss is one thing (and while understandable, bad enough) but it would be terrible if it ever reached a point where he (or any other LI) dumps us.

Edited by JennyFlynn

Can't imagine it's saboteur related as the romance is engaged post-Corellia, with our sab/loyalist status already affirmed, and the break-up line states we did the breaking up, not him. That said, it would be a sure kick in the gut if sab/loyalist actions put our romances at risk, especially with the non-existent options to romance someone else in the current content and there being no warning for it thus far. Theron's anger and a missed kiss is one thing (and while understandable, bad enough) but it would be terrible if it ever reached a point where he (or any other LI) dumps us.

Well, i think a pub saboteur / imp loyalist - Theron romance may end pretty badly, especially if said pub saboteur / imp loyalist is DS and has no problem mass murdering pub civilians. That would be completely OOC for Theron to accept that and continue the romance (and it seems DS pub saboteur already missed on 2 romance scenes with him so far, which doesn't look good for the romance).

Scourge, i don't think he'd be bothered much either way, he seems pretty ok with working with pub or imp toons. Kira on the other hand seems quite hostile to imp PCs (well at least towards Sith)

Edited by Goreshaga

Hey everyone!

Thank you!

Hum..does this count for those who finished Onslaught and didn't get Lana Romance to fire on Imp side. Too? Or just for Lord Tomatoe ? :rak_02:

Well, i think a pub saboteur / imp loyalist - Theron romance may end pretty badly, especially if said pub saboteur / imp loyalist is DS and has no problem mass murdering pub civilians. That would be completely OOC for Theron to accept that and continue the romance (and it seems DS pub saboteur already missed on 2 romance scenes with him so far, which doesn't look good for the romance).

I definitely agree that it would be OOC for Theron to stick by a murderous PC and his reaction if you've caused a lot of death is understandable. He's not a doormat and I actually appreciate his personality being honored rather than him being changed to suit a DS'er.

What I have against it isn't his reaction (which only makes sense) but the game's approach. It would be rotten for players to lose him in that way or at least, without genuine clarification that it's a risk, you know? Especially when he ends up being the only one/one of a few, who will break up with you for your actions. That's not a common thing right now so the game should be giving warnings along the likes of "Name Disapproves" and "Your actions will be remembered" or "Your actions will put your romance at risk".