Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

so, first post on forums.

thought this might be a good place for it, since everyone is reading this anyway

Hai Everyone, chill, we still have a few days before the 20th. If someone has trouble counting from 13-20 i shall help!

Let's start at 13 and work our way down to 20. Going to start you of easy.

Are you thinking 1 and 4? if so, you are halfway there, now put them together and it becomes what? 14. GOOD job Trolls, you are doing excellent. Now i'm not going to help you at all.

15. Good Good

17. No No stupid trolls 16 comes after 15!

16. Good.

17. Very good, now bring it home for me!

20! NONO BAD TROLL BAD!

18? Yes very good, continue

19. Excellent now bring it home!

20. Very good now you can count and don't have to act like a freaking mental illness patient.

Are you going to be nice now and chill?

Good to know.

And lastly a saying that has kept me out of trouble all my life "A watched pot never boils!" think it''s fitting in this situation

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

"This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out."

I agree wholeheartedly. Shame on whichever and whoever the powers that be are that made the decision to do things this way.

Did you all really think this was going to go down easy with your customer base?

By the way, the server you all launched our guild on is FULL. Seriously??

so all this means is that preorder means nothing if u didnt do it 6 months ago and those of us that didnt will be waiting for nothing but the regular launch day :(

Sorry man, but i only ordered it yesterday unstanding that i will probably not get online until a day or two after EGA started, but at this rate, it looks like the people who still paid like the others but couldnt afford it until more recently are not going to see EGA at all.

I honestly don't mind that I didn't get in today--just tell me when, and I'll be patient until then...just give me some estimate so I don't hang around every day checking my e-mail every minute LOL

Just don't take my character name and I'll be happy :D

originally posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

If any message gets read it should be this one, to which they should reply.

Perhaps they will actually read this.

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

While I appreciate the post coming half way through the day, it does show a severe lack of forsight and planning, that there wasn't clear and precise data available well in advance.

Knowing how many pre orders you have had, which no doubt is a very easy check-up through your analytics, this information about waves, and who would be included could have been provided some days/ week in advace.

Instead there was not buzz, or hype, but frustration for many.

Looking forward to the early access, I booked two days of work making the assumption I would get in, with a preorder date of 5 days after first pre order launch. Not only did I waste a day holiday, I have potentially wasted tomorrow aswell if an invite does not arrive.

I'm extremely dissapointed and equally frustrated. Not at not receiving early access, that is fine, but that it took till the middle of the afternoon ( GMT) for any reliable, accurate and informative information to be supplied regarding todays access.

I sincerely hope this is a lesson well learned and that there are no clear blatant lack of forsights going forward in the future, and that data you have had to hand for weeks can be used and acted upon correctly.

I eagerly look forward to F5'ing my email client all day tomorrow......

By far this idea was stupid. I would have been perfectly fine if I had to sit in queue most of the day at least I'd know what number I was. They're not even doing it as they claimed they would be. I redeemed my code 28/7 and people that redeemed theirs in Nov and Dec are already playing. How is that fair? How is that even how Early Access was supposed to go? It seems to be pretty much at random now. So what was the real purpose of Early Access, oh yes that's right, marketing. How can you get more people to pre-order as opposed to just walking in on launch day and buying it at the store, you say they MAY get up to 7-5 days of free access. BW/EA really didn't plan this out at all. I can only wonder how it would have gone had they stuck to the 15th access date. Some information would have been nice letting the community know an estimate of how many players will be invited. 5 waves of invites is also a lame idea. It was only 2pm CST when the last batch went out. They still have all evening and all night, you're telling me they can't get in a few hundred more people? That's ridiculous. Not everyone is going to stay up all night playing, and I'm sure a lot of people would have been just happy saving a couple names. If they think people won't try to put in funny letters in their names, they're sadly mistaken. I wouldn't be surprised if people start making the most ridiculous names because the one they wanted was taken. I didn't play many MMOs at launch, except WoW. At the time of launch I didn't like waiting in queue, but it sure beats how this launch is going.

^^THIS

Maybe if we post this enough, they'll see it? Is that the hope?

If they invite the rest of the people who haven't got in tomorrow and the next day, I'd be pretty content. However, I don't think that will be the case.

I do completly agree with this quote, man i hope i get an bonus xp boost or what ever.

Mabe they would go out and buy some servers before they rolled out the game.

It leaves me wondering what they did with the money they got from all those pre-orders?

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

Agreed... if you are not confident a week before launch.. this is going to be a rough rde

Originally Posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out...

the biggest problem with this, is for those that ordered with gamestop, or ebgames.

not only do we get a lower chance of playing in early access because they emailed the codes almost a week or two later; but we also lose out almost a week of playing from launch because the vendors poor choice in shipping. So as much as i understand the point of staggering early access, why stop it so soon in the day? There is a big gap for those that have ordered with gamestop/eb games and the problem hasn't been adressed, just brushed under the rug. What most people were aiming to do, was to play as much as they could during early access, (because that much is in the hands of this company) and wait it out till launch day and their retail copy arrived.

So potentially, if we have friends that are playing now, and we've ordered with gamestop, we may not be able to play with them for weeks while they're about 2-3 weeks ahead, and in an entirely different location in the game than you are.

You could not be more incorrect.

I pre-ordered in store with gamestop on 7/25.

Entered my code on 7/25.

Got my email on wave 4.

If you revolve your life around a game launch then you have no life. I can see if you are going on a vacation or you need surgery or hell even to do your laundry. These are real life events, they did say "UP TO 5 DAYS EARLY" so there was no promise you were going to start on the 15th anyways. So to take a vacation from work to possibly play on that day was a stupid choice. PEOPLE NEED TO READ, or at least learn what the words mean that you are reading.

Perhaps businesses need to quit exploiting legal loopholes and bird dogging slimy half-declared car sales pitches and start acting like honest men who will live by a simple standard of straight forward ethics. It isn't that "UP TO 5 DAYS" has a meaning that dances on a slippery slope of meaninglessness for legal reasons, but that it is the corporate style of statement making them liable for nothing (no standards, no quality, no efficiency, no customer service, no product support, no honor, and no truth).

When you create expectation MEET IT. When you make a deal, shake on it and MEAN IT.

:mad:

You can end with the pleasantries Bioware, I'm here to put you back on schedule for EGA.

The Emperor is most displeased with your lack of progress.

Bioware: Surely you must understand we need more time.

Then perhaps you can tell the Emperor himself when he arrives

Bioware: The Emperor is coming here?!

Yes

Bioware: We shall double our efforts!

I hope so Bioware for your sake, the Emperor is not as forgiving as I am!

i love this