Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

PSA. Don't que Ranked....

septru

(Against my better judgement of responding to a troll like yourself....)

And you know that how? From your multitude of ranked experience?

:o:o:o:o

You've openly admitted to it on these forums....

:o:o:o:o:o:o

And in spite of all the **** Lhance talks, he's actually telling the truth this time.

I told so much truth, someone tattled on me yesterday. :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

PSA. Don't que Ranked if...

• You don't have 306ilvl. OK
  • You don't have a tactical. Correct Tactical for the class I would add
  • You don't have a set bonus. Correct set bonus
  • You can't guard swap as a tank. Ok agreed, and a must
  • You are new to pvp. Definitly. Altough regs are a different ball game.
  • You do under 2k dps. That is low, I would say you have to be able to do 5k + as a minimum, 2k is a level 70 number
  • You do under 5k hps. Also low, you would need to do 10k HPS, I would not que with a healer unless I am doing 15k
  • You aren't at the top of the boards on a regular basis in regs. OK and Not. In the sense regz are a different game
  • You get pummeled in regs on a regular basis. Ok
  • You haven't mastered your class. Ok
  • You haven't mastered basic skills in pvp (awareness, APM, defensives...etc) ok

Ranked is not a starting place.

:D:eek::)

If you are at the top, you are not playing objectives and are not welcome to regs. The only way you can keep up with number farmers / death matchers if you take part in it instead of countering them for side turret capture, ball carrying, bomb planting, defending, AH tactical thinking or odessen objectives.

Also, most damage done does not make you a good player if you have a pocket healer that ignores everyone else to keep you and themselves alive (which is always the case with pug farmer guilds).

The behaviour behind this requirement why casual players and objective-focused players find less and less fun factor in regs.

What if you have top HPS, top DPS, and top objectives all the same game? Do whiny bads have to uninstall when someone does this?

We’ve had gear gates in the past and I think that was a good thing. I don’t see why they couldn’t setup one based on this.

The game used to have a message that popped up if you tried to queue with sub max gear (one of my suggestions that actually made it into the game). Does it not do that anymore? It didn't stop you, it just made absolutely sure you wanted to queue with ****** gear. It was also nice in case you forgot to equip something.

The game used to have a message that popped up if you tried to queue with sub max gear (one of my suggestions that actually made it into the game). Does it not do that anymore? It didn't stop you, it just made absolutely sure you wanted to queue with ****** gear. It was also nice in case you forgot to equip something.

When pvp gear was removed so was the gear requirement for ranked.

Prum and I are rarely on the same side of an argument, but in this case I 100% agree with what he said and I think you completely misinterpreted what he was saying and then spun what he said to suit your argument.

And to be fair, I don’t fully agree with everything in his OP. I’m just commenting on the post you replied to.

There is no misinterpretation here. I agree with all prerequisits but the one I quoted for that is out of line and I have explained why: no one should encourage others to play deathmatch in regs (other than arenas). On a sidenote, I have to say, situational awereness is far more important in SR than topping the DPS chart, yet it was not listed.

There is no misinterpretation here. I agree with all prerequisits but the one I quoted for that is out of line and I have explained why: no one should encourage others to play deathmatch in regs (other than arenas). On a sidenote, I have to say, situational awereness is far more important in SR than topping the DPS chart, yet it was not listed.

I think my total posting history will show how anti death match I am. I mean, just about every other thread I’m b****ing about it and how those players wreak objective pvp with that mentality. I honestly don’t think Prum was promoting it in that post.

Of course maybe he could have put it better, but I’ve been here long enough to actually understand what he was trying to say.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It doesn't matter if you are even playing normal.

If you're not in the top gear score, you're not doing anything anyway.

You aren't killing anyone. You're not getting an objective.

I just had a healer solo me. Shrug.

Oh well, one less player in pvp.

PSA. Don't que Ranked if...

• You don't have 306ilvl.
  • You don't have a tactical.
  • You don't have a set bonus.
  • You can't guard swap as a tank.
  • You are new to pvp.
  • You do under 2k dps.
  • You do under 5k hps.
  • You aren't at the top of the boards on a regular basis in regs.
  • You get pummeled in regs on a regular basis.
  • You haven't mastered your class.
  • You haven't mastered basic skills in pvp (awareness, APM, defensives...etc)

Ranked is not a starting place.

I pay a sub and I queue for ranked whenever I want to dude.

I think the only reason 90% of us even consider ranked is because it offers better rewards. Offer the same rewards in unranked and suddenly we wouldn’t need this PSA as the only people playing it would be in it for the challenge. Then again, the queue would be really dead, at which point people might finally begin to understand the concept of attrition.

I think the only reason 90% of us even consider ranked is because it offers better rewards. Offer the same rewards in unranked and suddenly we wouldn’t need this PSA as the only people playing it would be in it for the challenge. Then again, the queue would be really dead, at which point people might finally begin to understand the concept of attrition.

ranked has always been a joke in swtor and not meant to be taken seriously

i only did for the rewards back in 2017