I'm announcing my retirement.

MidichIorian

As a sage/sorc who refuses to re-roll I'm hereby announcing my retirement. I simply can't take it anymore and it's not fun.

I'm still doing "fairly" good but it's more exhausting than I can imagine it being on a professional level. Lose focus for one second and you are gone. Add to this that class distribution currently is way off and I rarely come across a class that I have the burst to match, meaning that if I don't have the range and upper hand from start I'm pretty much a goner. The problem with range is that as a sorc/sage you can't be in the zerg and if you try to hide in the outskirts you will instantly get focused since the concensus seems to be that "sage= free kill".

It has reached the point where other classes will turn around and attack me even when they only have 20 % health and I'm on full, knowing that unless I have most stuff off CD there's a good chance they'll burst through me. My class has seemingly become the objective and there's rarely a moment when I'm not chased by one or two people.

Here's my last two games, showing current class distribution. I did not pick out these games, this is simply how it is in basically every game now and I blame you, the community, for the current situation. BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper. I'm aware that it's a bit hypocritical for me to up and quit but I've endured for some time now and it eventually got the best of me. If I were to re-roll I'd be just as bad as you and BW would still get their money and keep on not caring. It doesnt help that BW isnt saying **** and potential tweaks seemingly are far into the future, assuming that they will change things since it's obviously a "L2P" issue. A L2P issue would mean that every dps sorc/sage out there currently is a sub-par player.

Example 1

Example 2

[/QQ]

Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper.

Example 1

Example 2

Uh...dude, there are only 2 Maras in both of your screenshots and one didn't even appear to try in the first match. lol

And the way you state your QQ mara/pt/sniper, you realize that's essentially 3/4 classes available in the game. So what? People should only roll Sorcs/Sages? lol

Seriously, what you are saying is so QQ clouded it just doesn't make sense.

why the hell did it take you so long? i abandoned my commando for a powertechas soon as i saw the first post-1.2 balance changes and it was just 10% increase to a bunch of gunslinger skills. PVP has always been an afterthought and waiting it out instead of rerolling or quitting is always a poor decision.

As a sage/sorc who refuses to re-roll I'm hereby announcing my retirement. I simply can't take it anymore and it's not fun.

I'm still doing "fairly" good but it's more exhausting than I can imagine it being on a professional level. Lose focus for one second and you are gone. Add to this that class distribution currently is way off and I rarely come across a class that I have the burst to match, meaning that if I don't have the range and upper hand from start I'm pretty much a goner. The problem with range is that as a sorc/sage you can't be in the zerg and if you try to hide in the outskirts you will instantly get focused since the concensus seems to be that "sage= fre kill".

It has reached the point where other classes will turn around and attack me even when they only have 20 % health and I'm on full, knowing that unless I have most stuff off CD there's a good chance they'll burst through me. My class has seemingly become the objective and there's rarely a moment when I'm not chased by one or two people.

Here's my last two games, showing current class distribution. I did not pick out these games, this is simply how it is in basically every game now and I blame you, the community, for the current situation. BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper. I'm aware that it's a bit hypocritical for me to up and quit but I've endured for some time now and it eventually got the best of me. If I were to re-roll I'd be just as bad as you and BW would still get their money and keep on not caring. It doesnt help that BW isnt saying **** and potential tweaks seemingly are far into the future, assuming that they will change things since it's obviously a "L2P" issue. A L2P issue would mean that every dps sorc/sage out there currently is a sub-par player.

Example 1

Example 2

[/QQ]

This is nothing but QQ.

Play another classes. See how very surviveable (not) you are as a sniper.

Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.

BTW, Sorcs totally anihilate snipers dude.

Wait, your team won 6-0 in a Voidstar vs a PT/Operative heavy team and you're complaining?

Not like the 8 times you died was an exuberant number either (low was 4, high was 17!).

In the second match, it looks like you played the same 4-man premade again but lost a close 4-6 Voidstar.

So what's the complaint again? That there's only 4 classes on each side in the game and that there's a good random possibility that you will face many of the same class in 8-man unranked warzones?

While I don't think anyone takes your "retirement" announcement as anything other than QQ; I too am growing tired of seeing 4-5 PT/vanguards in almost every warzone. The problem with patch 1.2-1.3 is that the hardest classes to play in pvp also tend to be the weakest. PTs seriously require 5 hotkeys at the most. Pretty sad that a tick of combustive gas cylinder hits me for 1200 damage (I have 1332 exp) and my backstab non-crit hits someone for around the same pretty frequently.

<rolleyes>

spec madness and all will be good again

You've never played a sorc. Or if you have, you don't compete in rated.

Madness for sages is one of the most underwhelming and LoLable specs. Why madness on a sage when its far more effective on a shadow? (Higher burst potential + finisher).

I sometimes enjoy embellishing facts, especially in video games to display my rage.

Please tell me then how many keys a pyro PT needs to be effective? Let me see how many I can name:

Railshot

Rocket punch

Auto shot

Explosive dart/ thermal detonator

Unload

Flame Burst

all others can be "clicked" and you can still kill people pretty effectively. So, sorry they need 6 keys not 5.

Please tell me then how many keys a pyro PT needs to be effective? Let me see how many I can name:

Railshot

Rocket punch

Auto shot

Unload

Flame Burst

all others can be "clicked" and you can still kill people pretty effectively. So, sorry they need 6 keys not 5.

This is why you're bad, and others laugh at your expense.

Cheers.

This is old and tired. You people need to stop acting like you have a complicated rotation. Gimme a break.

:rolleyes:

Go try a class that requires every ability you have just to be competitive in pvp. You know, something other than Pyrotech. That statement my indeed be old but being old doesn't make it less true.

Railshot

Rocket punch

Auto shot

Unload

Flame Burst

thermal sensor override

explosive fuel

carbonize

taser

quell

death from above

regular taunt

aoe taunt

grapple

shieldy shield

warzone adrenal

warzone medpac

mmm another "I am quitting thread"...lets look at all the ****s I give....

...looks like I give no ****s.

Lol this. I wish I could post the Spiderman meme pic that matches your post, tis epic!

This is why you're bad, and others laugh at your expense.

Cheers.

Actually, this is why PTs are fundamentally broken. Zero skill required to do massive damage. "Pro" PTs might actually have taunt and grapple hot keyed but lets be honest: Most of you don't even use those skills. You run in spamming auto shot til in 10m range and if railshot procs you hit it. Give me a break. There is no easier class to play.

Actually, this is why PTs are fundamentally broken. Zero skill required to do massive damage. "Pro" PTs might actually have taunt and grapple hot keyed but lets be honest: Most of you don't even use those skills. You run in spamming auto shot til in 10m range and if railshot procs you hit it. Give me a break. There is no easier class to play.

Just because a class is easy, doesn't make it broken either. Now just relax, I'm sure the ice-cream truck will swing back around again.

thermal sensor override

explosive fuel

carbonize

taser

quell

death from above

regular taunt

aoe taunt

grapple

shieldy shield

warzone adrenal

warzone medpac

All of those you can click with your mouse and still do 500-600k damage

Wait, your team won 6-0 in a Voidstar vs a PT/Operative heavy team and you're complaining?

Not like the 8 times you died was an exuberant number either (low was 4, high was 17!).

In the second match, it looks like you played the same 4-man premade again but lost a close 4-6 Voidstar.

So what's the complaint again? That there's only 4 classes on each side in the game and that there's a good random possibility that you will face many of the same class in 8-man unranked warzones?

I actually skipped one game inbetween where I was the only guy +400K and out dps'ed the second guy with a good 50K. The point is that to be able to play this class I have to play it to 200 % in every game, if I don't I will end up like that sorc with 60K. That's not fun, that's work.

Another thing that annoys me is that I've recently switched faction so I now get to play people who, back when they played sorcs too, I'd consistently out-dps. They're now on other classes and on my level and beyond. I find it hard to believe that all of them suddenly became 200K dps better in every game.

And yes, dps dommandos have it worse.

Also, I play madness and it usually results in low objective points on VS, since I'm constantly being chased all over the map. Only an idiot would spec lightning since you will only be able to stand still 2 % of the time. Well unless of course you find a group that is significally better than everyone you face. We can't all do that so it's not a valid counter argument.

I should probably point out that I'm on a gamecard so I still have days left. Incase someone was wondering how I'm still posting.

Edited by MidichIorian

Just because a class is easy, doesn't make it broken either. Now just relax, I'm sure the ice-cream truck will swing back around again.

Thank you for finally agreeing that PTs are too easy to play. Now, it's time to agree that they do way too much damage. Which, of course, is also true.

LOL so funny to see PT trying to defend themselves. Go look at the vid of the pyro who only used 3 abilities in a wz and did 586k or something lol

3 keys man, sure you can use 4, sure you can say you use 10, it doesnt matter at all

Wow and some one actually used adrenals as a key a PT uses? cmon man