Summer of SWTOR Update

BruceMaclean

Oh good - arenas. Lets copy a 9 year old MMO some more. Glad I'm going. Because lets face it, 1 new arena is a poor show for over 18 months of nothing in the pvp space.

It's sad to see a 9 year old MMO with children cartoonish looking characters still outpace and outrank the newest "WoW killer" MMO on the block.

New gear grind? It's typical of MMOs that FAIL and so they put people endlessy grind the same pixels + 1. Because they can't deliver content so they copy paste the same monkey tasks.

Heck look at GW2, PvP gear is same stats for everyone and makes the gameplay fair since day 1. And they keep adding new and fresh content and events, not recycle old stuff again and again.

Time to unsub again and this time for good. I don't like GW2 looks, "lore" (lol) and much more but hey, we have really been fooled one time too many here.

Edited by Vaerah

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500k ther are only 9 servers or something like that you really think there is 50k+ on each server?

There are 17 servers. The number of people who have created characters on a server isn't the same as the number of concurrent active players at one time. I may be subbed but I only log in at a few hours at a time on certain days.

really? instead of more pve content which you guys seem to love adding, make a pvp patch with new maps for pvp.. i dont undertstand how you can have 20 million planets that are HUGE but yet its hard to make a pvp map every few months. 4v4 sounds cool i guess but what about rwz? no incentive still to do those

The unfortunate reality is that new end game gear is necessary for new operations. If you don't have that in there then the new operations will be cleared within hours of their addition and will be deemed "too easy." I wish it weren't that way but that's just how it's got to be.

Also the new tier of gear may not be what we think it is. There is a chance that the next ops will drop 75's but be easier than the NiM content we have now. Thus allowing for more "casual" players to down the existing NiM content. This is of course a prelude to the next NiM operations which will reset things. That's what was done with NiM EC. It was substantially more difficult than TFB even though TFB dropped the same Dread Guard gear. Once you got full Dread Guard gear or close to it NiM EC was much more manageable.

Edited by Spamfritter

August 6th is still looking good for Game Update 2.3:

Players can look forward to the namesake of this update, Titans of Industry – a story arc that encompasses two new Flashpoints at level 55: Czerka Corporate Labs, and Czerka Core Meltdown.

(...)

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.

Let's see, 'non-small' story arc consists of taking "go see him" quest, short main quest conversation, doing 2 FP each with one shor not interactive cutscene before final boss, and turning quest in.

So 'short story arc' means usual operation courier quest with even less story? Because I don't see how you can get any shorter than Titans of Industry.

Also the new tier of gear may not be what we think it is. There is a chance that the next ops will drop 75's but be easier than the NiM content we have now. Thus allowing for more "casual" players to down the existing NiM content. This is of course a prelude to the next NiM operations which will reset things. That's what was done with NiM EC. It was substantially more difficult than TFB even though TFB dropped the same Dread Guard gear. Once you got full Dread Guard gear or close to it NiM EC was much more manageable.

I think you're dead on. I think these new Ops will be a bit harder and drop 75's with no set bonus. It will be like the Hazmat stuff compared to Dread Guard. We gear in 75's through that and then more folks can go back to the NiM's to get their set bonus gear.

However, if 66's are Tionese, 69's are Columi, 72's are Rakata, and 75's are the BH/Campaign equivalent, then we may still be looking at one more set of gear for this tier (78's?) before the level cap is pushed up again and we start over.

I also expect that to happen next year. They will push the cap up about every 6-9 months at this point until we hit 80 and then it will sit there for a few years. However WoW did things, just assume they will be copied.

All the new stuff sounds really fun, but I couldn't resist throwing in a quick plea for some more achievement fixes along the way please!

Achievements came in 2.0 (and the codex system was in place long before). So while we're talking about 2.3, 2.4 and beyond, it would be great if we could get 2.0 working as intended too.

There are some small fixes that would make a really big difference - e.g. fix Beastmaster of Ilum and the Beastmaster title becomes achievable!

So whilst these updates sound great, I'm actually going to be more excited to see if we can get a lot more achievement fixes in the near future please.

Really? "Great Shape"?

Fix the GCD misfires and it'll be in "great shape". wow.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. (I think that saying works better spoken)

Yeah, that flash grenade that took 2 secs real time to fire off in my rated last night tells me that the GCD issue is in "great shape" :rolleyes:

The people on these forums amaze me. The update clearly states that this is not everything in 2.4 . Eric Musco comes out and reiterates that this isn’t everything to come. YET STILL people complain like this is the Entire patch. People need to be patient and know that more will come in time. This is just to be a tease.

Remember Treek wasn’t mentioned anywhere till 2.3 was on the PTS. Neutral role story mode flaspoints wasnt announced till the full patch notes were made. Hell the bonus boss Dread Entity in TFB wasn’t even known till dreadtooth 10 stacks was down.

People need to look at the positive and know that new content is coming as well as for those who are waiting for pvp know that more is coming. They just haven't revealed everything yet.

Let's see, 'non-small' story arc consists of taking "go see him" quest, short main quest conversation, doing 2 FP each with one shor not interactive cutscene before final boss, and turning quest in.

So 'short story arc' means usual operation courier quest with even less story? Because I don't see how you can get any shorter than Titans of Industry.

Now you are just complaining to complain. It's clear to me that when they talk about a short story arc for a planet, they mean a story arc for the size of Quesh or Tython or Hutta, instead of a storyarc for say an Alderaan or Makeb or Belsavis.

The people on these forums amaze me. The update clearly states that this is not everything in 2.4 . Eric Musco comes out and reiterates that this isn’t everything to come. YET STILL people complain like this is the Entire patch. People need to be patient and know that more will come in time. This is just to be a tease.

Remember Treek wasn’t mentioned anywhere till 2.3 was on the PTS. Neutral role story mode flaspoints wasnt announced till the full patch notes were made. Hell the bonus boss Dread Entity in TFB wasn’t even known till dreadtooth 10 stacks was down.

People need to look at the positive and know that new content is coming as well as for those who are waiting for pvp know that more is coming. They just haven't revealed everything yet.

They didn't tell anyone about Treek cuz he is non - canon blasphemy that makes no sense regardless of their stupid explanation. Just wanted to put an Ewok in the game for girls and children.

The primary focus of the PVP update is again PVE. The games done for me, Ill never see that update anywhoo.

They didn't tell anyone about Treek cuz he is non - canon blasphemy that makes no sense regardless of their stupid explanation. Just wanted to put an Ewok in the game for girls and children.

The primary focus of the PVP update is again PVE. The games done for me, Ill never see that update anywhoo.

Again you are making an assumption without all the facts. They clearly said this isn't everything that is coming so why don't you wait until you see the full patch before you blow up.

Also wheather you like ewoks or not or they make sense, Treek was still a surprise and no body knew that a new companion would be coming with the game.

(btw Blame the author of Red Harvest, because it was in that book that states the Republic has a base on Endor at this point in time.)

if you take a look at the past sneak previews BW gave on upcoming patches the pattern shows that there wont be much added than what is advertised now. i dont expect anything bigger added for pvp besides the 4on4 maps. all the talk from bw that there will be more is just crap imho. BWs statements are not trustworthy. Edited by Neglience

Awesome, thank god i got my first level 55 a month ago, didn't have the opportunity to enjoy the Gree event, i hope i get to Champion or Legend in two weeks.

If someone knows if i can or not please tell me.

Again you are making an assumption without all the facts. They clearly said this isn't everything that is coming so why don't you wait until you see the full patch before you blow up.

Don't tell us what to do - you're free to keep your mouth shut if you like. The update isn't until freaking October - between now and then, I URGE Bioware to hire an intern to reskin every one of the existing WZ's so that we have double the number come 2.4.

And your silly assumption that there's some magical bunny that's going to appear is foolish. There is NO MORE! These are the HIGHLIGHTS! Do you understand what a highlight is in this context? Everything else will be worthless fluff. I bet there's even a big ol CM update with 2.4 that wasn't mentioned.

If we don't let Bioware know full flipping well what we think of this pathetic patch now, we only have ourselves to blame when nothing changes.

So please...heed your own advice and sit quietly by.

Guys, stop geting hyped on 2.4 and future content. Why should they release any true content for pvp if they haven't done that in one year? What d you xpect, that they suddenly fix a completely broken system, by removing bolster, balancing classes, getting new maps and starting the first season, so the pvp ppl gets satisfied and then apologyze for not trusting this lovely devs that are actually pvpers?

Welcome to the reality: this is not a pvp game, its a pve game with a good pvp content FOR PVERS.

Now you are just complaining to complain. It's clear to me that when they talk about a short story arc for a planet, they mean a story arc for the size of Quesh or Tython or Hutta, instead of a storyarc for say an Alderaan or Makeb or Belsavis.

I don't really see how it's clear at all. All that was said was

•The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.

I also read that to mean the story arc was related to the ops, which would imply something far shorter than even Quesh. More like the Black Hole or something.

I'd love to get clarification (since I was also curious about whether we're getting something new from our companions beyond "take them to spot X, have them recite line Y"), but it seems like most other things got lost in the PvP brouhaha.

Edited by Lesaberisa

Don't tell us what to do - you're free to keep your mouth shut if you like. The update isn't until freaking October - between now and then, I URGE Bioware to hire an intern to reskin every one of the existing WZ's so that we have double the number come 2.4.

And your silly assumption that there's some magical bunny that's going to appear is foolish. There is NO MORE! These are the HIGHLIGHTS! Do you understand what a highlight is in this context? Everything else will be worthless fluff. I bet there's even a big ol CM update with 2.4 that wasn't mentioned.

If we don't let Bioware know full flipping well what we think of this pathetic patch now, we only have ourselves to blame when nothing changes.

So please...heed your own advice and sit quietly by.

He was expressing his opinion. Just like you are doing right now.

You have no right to tell him what to do either. See the irony there. Or perhaps.. you both were just expressing your opinions, and doing it badly.

Basically right now, anyone that in any way disagrees with the venom in this thread.. gets flamed for it. What wonderful role models.

Hopefully somewhere in it all, guilds will have some proper love and not just a member xp bonus.

Waiting 18 months+ now for some basic guild features and the character cap issue they are aware of

He was expressing his opinion. Just like you are doing right now.

You have no right to tell him what to do either. See the irony there. Or perhaps.. you both were just expressing your opinions, and doing it badly.

Basically right now, anyone that in any way disagrees with the venom in this thread.. gets flamed for it. What wonderful role models.

He was telling others what to do Andryah, I used it to demonstrate how silly it was since it really has no effect.

Who is supposed to be a role model? Me?! PvPers? Ummm...no. I'm a customer, just like yourself (you aren't employed or funded by EA or Bioware in any form, are you?). Nobody is getting "flamed" for not agreeing with the "venom". Feel free to post how thrilled you are Andryah. We're expressing our disappointment in the 2.4 update, not our fellow gamers.