Need help with picking out books

herokip

I haven't read many novels from the Old Republic era. I'm currently reading Fatal Alliance by Sean Williams, but I'm not far enough in to recommend it.

The Darth Bane novel by Drew Karpyshyn called Path of Destruction was very good, although it takes place some time after the current game timeline.

How about graphic novels? I really enjoyed the Knights of the Old Republic graphic novels. The first one is called Commencement.

I have read the majority of the SW books out there. There actually is a Old Republis series out there, with about 9-10 books in the series. Only the first 3 are really relevant to SWTOR though.

The first book, Fatal Alliance, is good, and takes place before SWTOR and the Treaty of Coruscant, but really isn't too related to SWTOR.

The second (third really, but don't read e second, The Third Lesson, it's SOOO bad), Deceived, is really good, and chronicles the sacking of Coruscant, the destruction of the Jedi Temple, the Treaty of Coruscant, and Darth Malgus...and is a really good book.

The third book, Revan, just came out. If you've ever played KOTOR, you'll absolutely love this book. I have played them both, and I couldn't put this book down. It ties well into SWTOR too, playing on the lore and the character classes well.

The rest of the books, mostly the Lost Tribe of the Sith series, is a good series, but takes place in the time between the Treaty of Coruscant and 1 BBY. Not bad books, but not really related to SWTOR.

Quick summary? Buy these:

Fatal Alliance

Deceived

Revan

The third book, Revan, just came out. If you've ever played KOTOR, you'll absolutely love this book. I have played them both, and I couldn't put this book down. It ties well into SWTOR too, playing on the lore and the character classes well.

I picked this one up the other day and it is indeed a great read.