Catalyst quest on Taris?(possible spoilers?)

GustaveXIII

I am not sure whether this topic is allowed on this part of the forums but I dont see any other option.

Anyone know how this quest "Catalyst" works where you have to get infected by Rakghouls on Taris and theres a time limit? I have gotten infected but nothing happens or changes?

Do I have to wait until the whole hour and 30 minutes are over to finish the quest?

Thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember there is special rakghoul to finish quest.

If that special rakghoul bites you, then your quest is changed to next step.

I forgot which one and where it is.

Beta forum is wiped, so I cannot find the post anymore.

Edited by Skyrise

Hello!

We're sorry to see you're having an issue with the infected ghouls. We hope you will take the time to submit an in-game bug report as well, since that is currently the best resource we have to document such issues.

You can submit a Bug Report in-game by going to: Customer Support -> Request Help -> Create Ticket - Select "Bug Report" from the Category Selection.

We hope this helps you find resolution to your problem.

I´ve noticed something about this bug. I took the Quest and then went for some space missions, when I got back, the timer for the Catalyst quest was still running (there was about 1 hour and 20 minutes left) but in the chat, there appeared the message that I failed this quest, but quest log didn´t reflected this. Maybe that´s the problem....

I spent around 40 mins fighting every Rakghoul I could find and didn't get infected. Following the advice above I abandoned the quest and picked it up again. After that I got infected on the first pull, consisting of standard enemies only.

The problem is that when you are grouped, only the first one infected will get the update.

Solution: drop the group before starting the quest, still can go together then, but not grouped, this way it will work fine, and get it done in no time :)

Thanks for the info! Reset worked for me too.

If the devs are looking into this one. I quit the game right after getting the quest and the timer was still going when I logged in again, couldn't get infected. Searched this post on google, abandoned quest, got it again and got infected right away.

Edited by Calimwulf

I had the issue myself. I had been infected earlier by one of the lil rakghouls, to no effect on the progression of the questline, so I dropped the quest and got it again. Heading back out, I again was infected by a lil one, again with no effect on the progression.

This time, however, I did not reset it, went a lil further, and attacked a Ferocious Rakghoul (the big red beastie), which infected me yet again. This time, I received an on-screen message that I was infected and to proceed to the droid.

Hopefully this might be a help to someone.

This is still happening. Last night I got infected by the first one, my wife never did. We spent two hours trying... grouped, ungrouped, reset, drop quest and reacquire, etc, etc, eieio.

After 22 years as a professional programmer I understand the HUGE amount of code this game has, so I'm inclined to cut the staff a break. But it's still frustrating.

Dahail Sunfire

Jedi Master, Gourmet, Bon Vivant

Brewmaster to the Jedi Council