Twi'leks need some tweaks

Talsalus

My feeling is that I don't want to suddenly have all my hoods up until there's a frickin' hood toggle, because I hate having hoods up. It's half the reason I have so many twi'lek characters.

Twi'lek dudes, that is. Because playing a girl one is Creeper Bait. And also I hate their stupid ear nubs. The guys have normal ears.

o.O The ears you find creepy, never mind the tentacles coming from their heads? :p

I'd be happy if they just removed the wonky physics off the lekku and pinned them in place in front of the shoulder and chest while wearing a hood

For goodness sake the long female hair they released has absolutely no physics whatsoever, doesn't move or fly in the wind at all and I see no complaints. Do the same for lekku

My favorite is when you use an elevator...

Also while your at it implement the lekku language that only Twi'leks can understand!

yes twileks on an elevator is one of the most lolworthy moments in this game.

I'll take my Marauder looking silly on an elevator if it means I can look AWESOME while... well, marauding. :D

Red skinned marauder with Vesh outfit and 2 purple sabers looks so ridiculously awesome. If ONLY we had Lekku wraps like in SWG that used the same slot in the char creation as the headband thingy... it would be perfect. Maybe one day.

Edited by Jandi

I specifically chose a Twi'lek for my main because the hoods disappear.

Back before adaptive gear most/all of the higher level guardian gear had hoods and I really don't like hoods.

• All characters look the same from the back with a hood up.
  • The camera gives odd angles during cut-scenes when you can't see your face
  • I take a long time to create a certain look for my characters during character creation and I'd rather see that than a generic hood.

Now that there is adaptive gear I have lots of armours to choose from that have no hoods, but I like the fact that hoods disappear on Twi'leks -- it's why I chose one in the first place.

I specifically chose a Twi'lek for my main because the hoods disappear.

Back before adaptive gear most/all of the higher level guardian gear had hoods and I really don't like hoods.

• All characters look the same from the back with a hood up.
  • The camera gives odd angles during cut-scenes when you can't see your face
  • I take a long time to create a certain look for my characters during character creation and I'd rather see that than a generic hood.

Now that there is adaptive gear I have lots of armours to choose from that have no hoods, but I like the fact that hoods disappear on Twi'leks -- it's why I chose one in the first place.

Yes, but this thread isn't just about having hoods. It's about having more lekku customization options. I can understand you don't like hoods, but you can't tell me you wouldn't appreciate being able to drape your lekku over your shoulders, etc.

I'll take my Marauder looking silly on an elevator if it means I can look AWESOME while... well, marauding. :D

Red skinned marauder with Vesh outfit and 2 purple sabers looks so ridiculously awesome. If ONLY we had Lekku wraps like in SWG that used the same slot in the char creation as the headband thingy... it would be perfect. Maybe one day.

Yes, if headgear (even if it's only for future pieces) had alternative looks for Twi'leks that would appear as these wraps then I would be one happy gunslinger.

While I don't see different Lekku animations or even the Lekku language.... why on earth don't you let us wear "masks" and hoods up just like any other race? No mask/helmet prior to the campain armor would allow Lekku to clip through.

Additionally... if it's not too much work.... . Make a standart version for wearing hoods up with the Lekky coming out like in SWG.

that's 2 fixes...

I hope we get a BW response soon. LET OUR TWI'LEK SCREAMS FOR JUSTICE BE HEARD!

Twi'leks and their Lekku has been a constant topic since years before launch and not once have they said a single thing about it. Just saying not to get your hopes up or anything.

As an example; when we had weekly Q&A threads I asked about twi'leks and hoods every week and it was never even mentioned :p

Edited by Jandi

Twi'leks and their Lekku has been a constant topic since years before launch and not once have they said a single thing about it. Just saying not to get your hopes up or anything.

As an example; when we had weekly Q&A threads I asked about twi'leks and hoods every week and it was never even mentioned :p

That is very depressing news.

Fill the lekku with water, instead of the air that's obviously in them now.

Heh. But, yes, the lekku need more weight. This is incredibly apparent when riding an elevator of falling a decent height. About half of the lekku will point straight up, like hair might do in the same situation. Lekku are muscled appendages--not hair.

• 1 year later...

#Bump

Is there any update on this matter, or does bioware refuse to comment/implement the idea?

Lekku around the neck like a scarf, should be an option in character creation. Variations of course.

To have the lekku in such a position, relevant or irrelevant to the idea of Twi'lek being able to put their hood up, should surely be investigated and put to the drawing board.

Please pass on the message wherever possible, so that someday we may see a change being made.

No amount of clipping stopped me from playing Twi'leks! The only reason I do not have all twi'lek legacy (I only have 4 out of 12) is because I wanted to try other species, and, well, I've just finally unlocked the race by getting to L50. Now, I am hoping to eventually create a 5th twilek (once I can manage to get an unlock). Oh, and there is also a lack of Twileks as companions, and Zenith is not an official romance :(

That's said, overall, if Bio could figure out a way around Lekku that would have been a major break-through, on the way to maybe even introduce a couple more species (I am sure you know which two we are talking about!)