UPDATED Dueling Tournament

azzhealy

I think people are making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. Its just a bit of fun with a credit reward (and lets be honest, most serious players in the game have plenty of credits).

I entered on my Sin with unfinished min/max gear and did better than i expected, won 1 round, lost 2 but i had fun and it was good to contribute to a server wide event.

Exactly! Kudos to you for joining, was great fun that time =)

I was actually reluctant to enter the tournament believe it or not haha

Its just a bit of fun with a credit reward (and lets be honest, most serious players in the game have plenty of credits).

I'm actually poor (._.)

Edited by Rorkiy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just come to my realisation that the Sunday of the grand finals is the first day of Chinese New Year, which is to me what Christmas is to most of you. Should the competition timing for that day remain the same as the schedule for past tournaments, I will most likely not be able to reach home on time as I have commitments where tradition is concerned.

There is a very high chance that I would not be able to get online in time for the start of the tournament, as such, I would like for Kevayrts (Sniper from NS) to take my place should the organisers deem such a replacement acceptable in my circumstance. If I'm not mistaken, he came in 3rd after a very close match with me and therefore deserves the position in my absence. This request is completely unbiased by guild affiliation (Haha, I made a joke).

But srsly, I'm not going to be available. Unless the starting time is pushed back for like, at least an hour. Which would be stupid. Or one of my grandparents die. Which would still make me not able to go cause of sadness (I just touched some wood there so it's all good). I will shut up now.

Edited by Mictian

It's just come to my realisation that the Sunday of the grand finals is the first day of Chinese New Year, which is to me what Christmas is to most of you. Should the competition timing for that day remain the same as the schedule for past tournaments, I will most likely not be able to reach home on time as I have commitments where tradition is concerned.

There is a very high chance that I would not be able to get online in time for the start of the tournament, as such, I would like for Kevayrts (Sniper from NS) to take my place should the organisers deem such a replacement acceptable in my circumstance. If I'm not mistaken, he came in 3rd after a very close match with me and therefore deserves the position in my absence. This request is completely unbiased by guild affiliation (Haha, I made a joke).

But srsly, I'm not going to be available. Unless the starting time is pushed back for like, at least an hour. Which would be stupid. Or one of my grandparents die. Which would still make me not able to go cause of sadness (I just touched some wood there so it's all good). I will shut up now.

Oh dear, now that you mention it, I might be unavailable as well being a Chinese guy in HK... =S

I think all of the snipers, gunslingers, marauders and sentinels should be given credit for competing in the first post the same as the other classes.

Seconded. As someone mentioned somewhere in an earlier post I can't be bothered to recall (with no prejudice to the poster whoever it may be), it takes some serious balls to even compete. They deserve recognition. I'm sure you can get the participant's names from a video or something to that effect, haha

Though on that note, no one should feel pressured to compete as it would contradict the spirit of this tournament. I'm sad that I won't get to cheer for you come Sunday Daff, but I respect your decision to step down all the same (:

Edited by Mictian

Would it be ok with our Sorcerers/Sages and Mercenary/Commandos if you Duelled Saturday 4pm AEST then the Grand Tournament would be Sunday 4pm AEST??

If that’s ok with this weekend’s Duellist’s will make the change to accommodate those celebrating Chinese New Year.

Also I understand you want the name of all who competed added to the 2nd post like the other AC’s have I will get the list of Woofy and update it later today.

Sup, btw I am dropping out of the tourney. Didn't want to do it in the first place, was pressured to, and still don't want to do it now. Ty, have a nice day.

Aww. that sucks, really does.

I might spam around on fleet and let a few PVE Mercs and commando's know about the tournament. at the Mo i think its me :(

Aww. that sucks, really does.

I might spam around on fleet and let a few PVE Mercs and commando's know about the tournament. at the Mo i think its me :(

Eh alright I'll try... it's been forever since I really played the merc AC properly so I'll probably just be a huge joke, but having only one competitor is no fun. I might change my mind if someone else decides to participate for you lol, but I'll give you someone to kill if no one else will.

Darkclaw-Merc

Yerh, I would be the same with regards to Chinese New Year.

Hmm Why dont we push the Tournament ot the week after? I dont think peopel would mind the week break. Just call it a "build up" week, maybe talk to ppl who came 3rd and 4th and get em to do a taster tournament =D

Saedus, I would really struggle to Saturday then Sunday personally due to RL commitments.

I think keep sorc/sage and merc/commando to the same day as planned then give a week off to cater for chinese new year as rork suggested i think is the best idea

Saedus, I would really struggle to Saturday then Sunday personally due to RL commitments.

I think keep sorc/sage and merc/commando to the same day as planned then give a week off to cater for chinese new year as rork suggested i think is the best idea

I suggested something? O.o

I think you have me confused with Sera :p

Yeh sorry Luke was a bit early for me when I rushed that idea out will go with no change to last two AC duels.

Grand Tournament delayed for a week due to Chinese New Year please pass this message on I will spam fleet when I get a chance.

Seeing how there are only 2 Mercs entering, can we run tonight? just got a huge day planned tomorrow.. spoke to the other Merc and he's happy to do this also.

Personally i would say no. But im not running it. Its not really fair on those that have organised to come and watch, or to those that are running it.

Again, just my opinion though ;)

Personally i would say no. But im not running it. Its not really fair on those that have organised to come and watch, or to those that are running it.

Again, just my opinion though ;)

But if there are no mercs entering then they wont be watching anyway. :p

Seeing how there are only 2 Mercs entering, can we run tonight? just got a huge day planned tomorrow.. spoke to the other Merc and he's happy to do this also.

Well I did put my name down to compete and you didn't ask me about changing the time, so... There's also a commando I hear was planning on entering, did you ask them as well?

I don't think I can make the time tomorrow so I probably won't be there now, but if you're gonna change the time you might want to *actually* talk to all the people who wanted to enter. ;)

As much as it sucks that you might miss it , I honestly don't think it should be changed. Many people turn up last second and enter, there was no strict rule about applying by responding to the thread. Many quality players have missed out due to the timing. Let's just hope you can make it

2nd post UPDATED grats to Daffydil and Sinc and also Veronika and Whisps the 4 winners of their AC's today also note the Grand Tournament will not be on next weekend but the following weekend to accommodate those celebrating Chinese New Year.

Kind thanks to those for participating and those supporting.

• 2 weeks later...

The Grand Tournament being the final segment of this Event will be held this Sunday the 17th of February at the usual 4pm AEST. Listed below are the contestants:

Woofi

Carthy

Pedigree

Atton

Myson

Keiga

Nuisance

Shiro

Angelol

Seraphielz

Zevren

Cathleen

Sinc

Daffydil

Veronika

Whisps

Look forward to the completion of our Event and wish the best of luck to those competing may the best Duellist win.

Edited by azzhealy