East Coast Server Issues

Also in the queue. Is the server actually full, or is this an ongoing problem?

Additionally, I keep getting bumped up higher in the queue. It tells me as a subscriber I have highest priority in the queue - so how do other people keep bumping me further back if I do in fact "enjoy the highest priority"? I am honestly curious on how the queue works if that keeps happening.

Edited by chad_longshot

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting some weird stuff in game as well, can't travel to strongholds, cant mail things to als, logged in a different toon and progress bar just disappears. so closed it out, now am in queue

The queuing situation for the East Coast servers appears to have cleared up. We're still investigating what caused the issue this morning.

"Appears to have cleared up"?!

So, let me get this straight. You didn't find the problem the first time. And then you lot apparently... what, just gave up and went back to bed?

Please, please, PLEASE start treating this like a ********* business and not like some kind of Kickstarter project that's running into easily-avoided bumps due to a painful lack of experience. EA/BIOWARE IS A MULTIBILLION-DOLLAR CORPORATION. When the HELL are you people gonna act like it?!

Edited by DownloadStarter

• Dev Post
Shadowlands Queue is back. 12:00 pm 5/30. This is unacceptable for subscribers.

Hey folks!

I can confirm that the queue issue has popped back up. The team is aware and looking into it. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

When this was happening last night I was having problems with in-game mail. My mail box wouldn't load messages and when I bought something off of the GTN the game took my credits, but never sent me the item.

Entitled much? XD Im also a subscriber, such is the life of an MMO player. Server issues happen.

Welcome to a MMO support forum. :)

Around here you include a link to the google search you used to find someone's answer to their question and it's like you suggested (insert some obscene evil task).

Hey folks!

I can confirm that the queue issue has popped back up. The team is aware and looking into it. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Might the lag that some people are reportedly experiencing in game, while having a good internet connection, have something to do with this as well?

Hey folks!

-eric

It's not just shadowlands... it's happening on TEH as well.. currently in a queue with 218 people

Entitled much? XD Im also a subscriber, such is the life of an MMO player. Server issues happen.

No. Nononononononono. If it were an INTERMITTENT thing? Then sure. I'd agree with you. But this kind of garbage has been going on at least during the four years I've been here, and likely longer if even older social media discussions are accurate. EA/Bioware has become so bad at maintenance that it's a damn TROPE. I don't know about you and I can't speak for anyone but myself, but every time a maintenance notice pops up in the launcher I sit there and ask myself "what the hell are they gonna break THIS time?".

At this point it's a lot like being in a relationship with a charming screwup. You want to love 'em. You do. But how much crap can one take before calling it quits?

Does anyone want to see that? I don't. I like this charming screwup. It needs to live up to its multibillion-dollar corporate potential. But it's not.

No. Nononononononono. If it were an INTERMITTENT thing? Then sure. I'd agree with you. But this kind of garbage has been going on at least during the four years I've been here, and likely longer if even older social media discussions are accurate.

Right, but this happens in almost every MMO. The only one that Ive play that didnt have alt least some issues monthly was EVE Online and thats because they have daily downtime on that one.

I must say that in 4+ years of playing (not all as a sub like I am now) this is the first time I encountered a queue with almost 300 folks ahead of me, to boot.

What happened that started causing server login queues?

Right, but this happens in almost every MMO. The only one that Ive play that didnt have alt least some issues monthly was EVE Online and thats because they have daily downtime on that one.

EvE does do a good job, but to be fair they've only got the one game to maintain anymore and they've been at it for, what, 13, 14 years now? Let's find a better example here.

The ONLY game I can think of that would be as bad at keeping the lights on is Star Trek Online, and that's a Perfect World property. (Cryptic is wholly owned by 'em, much like Bioware is by EA.) Do we REALLY want that to be our standard here?

I don't. Craptic is called such for a reason. They're awful and clearly don't care. But I expected more from Bioware. I grew up on their games.

I don't feel like the answer is for the consumer to lower their standards. I feel like the answer is for the corp taking our cash to improve theirs. What do you think?

(Also, can you spare me 10 million ISK to get a mining permit? CODE blew up my Venture. I'm a newbie! I swear!)

Reporting in from Ebon Hawk as well. Was playing fine then couldn't interact with anything, went to switch characters, was stuck at loading screen. Had to exit out of the client, logged in, in a que with no chance of getting in before work.

Also why was I getting connection errors when I went to check my account info or to even log into the site?