Is gear check failing for anyone else?

BurnedRemains

I saw someone wearing an awesome mix and match of clothes for an IA earlier. Went to gear check and saw only my gear. This has been a constant problem since I came back. I think gear check has only worked maybe 2 or 3 times out of a couple dozen times I've tried.

Stop breaking **** EAWare. -.-

Theres a work-around... if you mount up before you inspect them then it works.

Will have to try this tonight. Thanks for posting this.

Gear check is important: How else are you going to help someone figure out if they are not operating at peak efficency? I know people use gear check to belittle people but, some of us use it to help people; coaching them on how to improve their performance.

Gear check is important: How else are you going to help someone figure out if they are not operating at peak efficency? I know people use gear check to belittle people but, some of us use it to help people; coaching them on how to improve their performance.

I'm more in the camp that it is helpful, rather then important. In my experience, many times it's not the gear that is giving people challenges. In fact gear seems to be the easiest element for the average player to figure out on their own in this game since stats are really easy to figure out.

Annoying bug, yeah... perhaps. But since there are work arounds to it, and it's not something you need to do every 2 minutes, I don't really see it as any sort of emergency to fix it.

I'm more in the camp that it is helpful, rather then important. In my experience, many times it's not the gear that is giving people challenges. In fact gear seems to be the easiest element for the average player to figure out on their own in this game since stats are really easy to figure out.

Annoying bug, yeah... perhaps. But since there are work arounds to it, and it's not something you need to do every 2 minutes, I don't really see it as any sort of emergency to fix it.

"Helpful", sure, better word. "Important" was chosent because usually the first thing people will say is"oh that isn't important", etc if on the oposite side ( and they don't support their point other than by the tactic of deflection).

First point of order with "new people" (and by new people I mean new to MMORPGs) is to help them with their gear. This is especially important in SWTOR because some new people don't understand modible gear or how commidations work. With all the new people hittin' the servers, I would hope that those of us that like to help are using gear check when trying to do so.

Edited by Urael

In my case, i's kinda weird...

In my 50 sniper, I can't view someone else's gear, it's bugged, when I click to check it, it only shows the person's character but it shows my gear.

While in my 16 Operative, if I click in someone else to check their gear, it shows without any problem.

Will have to try this tonight. Thanks for posting this.

I just use it to check out what that cool combo of armour pieces is when i see someone that i like the look of.