The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Strangely enough one of the other players whispered me commiserating over the situation. Thought that it was crazy for the tank to respond that way to a few logical requests. I went to reply, and he/she had me on ignore =p

"The weird people you meet in group finder" indeed...

Wow, that means they sent you that tell then immediately ignored you. I know this because I've tried to send a tell to someone on my ignore list once (don't remember the details, but it was a going to be a temporary ignore for some reason and I wanted to let them know in case they found out I'd ignored them and were like "omg why"... ) and it wouldn't' let me, said "You are ignoring NameHere"

Knowing that, I now think it's totally a douche thing to do to send someone a tell then immediately ignore them so they can't reply... :(

Still unnecessary to let him drop just because of that. Everyone would have survived the fight, and again, you didn't discuss it before hand so when pugging just go with the flow if it's not going to be a major headache. As you said, you made it through the rest of the FP, so it couldn't have been that horrible running with him. I will say that if I have a healer pull me out of the water then I leave it at that, but that's usually not what happens.

Yet another reason why I don't pug though is that because people often simply don't speak up before fights if they have some preference as how to do things. When I tank I mark targets where necessary, call for CCs, let everyone know where I plan to be if it's not just a tank and spank, and ask if everyone knows the fights in certain cases. Anyway, not going on a rant here, and I guess in the end it's not a huge difference between that and letting that DPS who keeps initiating drop so he'll get it figured out.

You aren't really arguing that standing in avoidable aoes is a "preference as how to do things", are you?

I hope you explained to him how Taunt works...?

No, because I've had enough bad experience with giving advice to players. Also, I'm in low level flashpoints so often, I just don't bother any more unless it's something really important.

Jumped into Czerka Core Meltdown through the GF yesterday for the Weekly. Group was solid, three DPS and I'm a well geared Sorc heals. We're smashing through it and one DPS, a sniper, keeps running ahead and instantly aggroing the next group, not stopping for anything, not healing between fights. Doesn't take long before I decide to stop healing him altogether.

First time we come to a boss he pulls before we're all in the room. We down it, the rest of the group complains in chat asking him to knock it off. He doesn't stop, we get to the next boss and he does it again with one group member outside the door. The two of us in with him decide we're done. We stand by the door and let him die. No heals, no support at all.

He solo's it.

Never says a word, just keeps right on plowing ahead. Never gets or needs a heal, never gets or needs support.

Dammit.

The story-modes of both the CZ-198 instances are just a bit too easy, IMHO:

Hell, you could probably solo them with the right class/companion and not-too-absurd over-gearing.

A level-cap appropriate group instance that rewards comms for "mainline" [HARD]-mode and starter Raid-level gear (I got all three of my Arkanian Ear + Implants from them --and my 69-modded offhand gun!-- although I misremember if these were from the [HARD] or normal versions) should not be that forgiving of derp-ness.

It's one thing that annoys me to no end with those, people running way ahead* to pull when you're still like 1km back. Stay together, work as a group, the instance will go just as fast or faster, and I guarantee the [HARD] modes of both of those will punish such complacency harshly.

*I want to /facedesk every time I see someone activating those stupid rocket-boots now. No, I utterly refuse to use --!!CARTEL COINS!!-- to buy them from the --!!CARTEL MARKET!!-- like EA wants me to, and I have much better things to spend 2mn creds on, so stop busting my chops about it, or be added to my /ignore list.

You aren't really arguing that standing in avoidable aoes is a "preference as how to do things", are you?

http://dulfy.net/2013/07/02/swtor-hardmode-czerka-corporate-labs-flashpoint-guide/

Same way I do it. The tank does not need to run out of the water during this phase. If the healer wants to pull him out fine. If he's a Shadow/Sin and wants to FS out, fine, but it is easy to keep damage to a minimum. Again, if you have a specific strategy discuss it beforehand or simply accept that it's a pug group, get it done, and zone out.

http://dulfy.net/2013/07/02/swtor-hardmode-czerka-corporate-labs-flashpoint-guide/

Same way I do it. The tank does not need to run out of the water during this phase. If the healer wants to pull him out fine. If he's a Shadow/Sin and wants to FS out, fine, but it is easy to keep damage to a minimum. Again, if you have a specific strategy discuss it beforehand or simply accept that it's a pug group, get it done, and zone out.

Did you actually read the part that says: "When he finishes casts Charged Plating, he takes reduced damage and the water around him becomes electrified. Anyone who stay in the water will be slowed and receive a ticking damage. (Don’t stand in the water)".

You are gaining nothing by standing in the water, putting more pressure on the healer (especially if he is the one pulled in or the big add starts attacking him-big ones are the ones that attack unprovoked), you are putting your strongest attacks/DCDs on CD when he has a shield up (unless you are using your weak attacks which are barely doing fluff damage); even if you are losing only one project/shock, that one project/shock will probably do almost as much damage when his shield is down than all your attacks when his shield is up. And if the healer is a sorc or merc, you are adding to their energy issues (especially those that are still new and not very used to managing energy-yes we were all there once and all have to learn how to do it properly, not the healers fault bioware decides to group HM czerkas with the easy hm fps for dailies).

And you are doing all this for what? A little more fluff damage? It makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by sithBracer

In that situation I was Sorc Heals and didn't have any problems. I've ran through Cad many times and I think LoS is overused and overrated in many situations.

I LOS on pug's because I do not know you. LOS also allows us, the tank, to not have to run around grabbing the adds. Because lately I have noticed that pug dps like to attack what I attack.

If this forum had a like button, I'd press the Hell out of it right now.

Anyway, have run that FP about 25+ times in all roles and have never had a successful group that thought it was an acceptable strategy to stand in the electrified water every time. As the healer, you can regulate people who choose to play like ******es. The same way a tank may elect not to AoE taunt the mobs off a marauder who leaps headfirst into a pack for the 5th time in a non-speed run.

Honestly if he noticed he wasn't getting heals and ran out he would've gotten heals. Or he probably could've survived with his self-heals if he was smart enough to pop his phasewalk.

If this forum had a like button, I'd press the Hell out of it right now.

Anyway, have run that FP about 25+ times in all roles and have never had a successful group that thought it was an acceptable strategy to stand in the electrified water every time. As the healer, you can regulate people who choose to play like ******es. The same way a tank may elect not to AoE taunt the mobs off a marauder who leaps headfirst into a pack for the 5th time in a non-speed run.

Honestly if he noticed he wasn't getting heals and ran out he would've gotten heals. Or he probably could've survived with his self-heals if he was smart enough to pop his phasewalk.

I really hope you mean the HM version (you never said which one). Because otherwise, that'd be just silly. Then again, in story mode, I can't imagine that there is a way to die in that fight.

Did you actually read the part that says: "When he finishes casts Charged Plating, he takes reduced damage and the water around him becomes electrified. Anyone who stay in the water will be slowed and receive a ticking damage. (Don’t stand in the water)".

Did you actually watch the vid? He tanks it the same way I mentioned. Get snide, get an attitude, vent your righteous anger as you like. Again, with shroud up the healer doesn't even have to do a thing during the electric phase, and as a Jugg the damage is minimal. Never had an issue with the groups I've run with.

Speaking of standing in circles, there was a dps in Czerka Meltdown that somehow didn't understand that standing in a red reticle that eventually dropped a bomb that turns into a big static field was not ok to stand in. Twice. You'd think he'd learn the first time, or the moment his health started ticking down.

*I want to /facedesk every time I see someone activating those stupid rocket-boots now. No, I utterly refuse to use --!!CARTEL COINS!!-- to buy them from the --!!CARTEL MARKET!!-- like EA wants me to, and I have much better things to spend 2mn creds on, so stop busting my chops about it, or be added to my /ignore list.

If you don't want to spend credits OR CCs for it, that's fine, but why be angry at those who do? Honestly I think of all the things I have spend any currency on, those are at the top of my list of usefulness for everything. It doesn't even cost half of a monthly stipend of CC's, it's not like you have to pay EA more money.

Edited by chuixupu

Did you actually watch the vid? He tanks it the same way I mentioned.

That's an early version of the flashpoint, he does way more damage now. Look at the comments. It's not just the tank standing in the water, everybody does and they're not nearly dying. The guide also seems out of date in regards to the blue and red flesh raiders, which must be damaged to trigger chemical reaction, and the security chief's conal shotgun blast can't be avoided because it tracks the tank and has a much longer range than in the video.

Honestly I think of all the things I have spend any currency on, those are at the top of my list of usefulness for everything.

Agreed. I got mine for less than a million from the GTN and really have no regrets about it. Unlike outfits which I may eventually get bored of, dyes which can't be removed, or mods and augments that will eventually become obselete, the rocket boost will always be useful and it's given permanently to all characters.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Queued into Cademimu FP on my new Assassin and everything was going pretty well... until the tank Inspected the healer (Bounty Hunter) and found he was wearing gear with LITERALLY every stat. His chest had strength, his hands had willpower... it was really weird. Even stranger was that, despite some slightly longer fights, he was able to keep the tank healed, and he managed to keep myself and the other DPS alive when the lower-leveled tank lost aggro. Edited by Zwoodco
Details

If the healer wants to pull him out fine. If he's a Shadow/Sin and wants to FS out, fine, but it is easy to keep damage to a minimum. Again, if you have a specific strategy discuss it beforehand or simply accept that it's a pug group, get it done, and zone out.

The pull is an thread reduce, so I rarely use it on tanks.

All tanks have some sort of low cd mobility skill which is useful in this situation:

Assa - Force speed

Jugger - Intercede

PT - Hydraulic overrides

On the topic of Hydraulic overrides:

I've lately started playing my merc(arsenal) a bit more and using HO in situations like the Kephess AOE phase in Denova HM or for the Savrak Smash in LI HM is just wonderful :D

On the topic of Hydraulic overrides:

I've lately started playing my merc(arsenal) a bit more and using HO in situations like the Kephess AOE phase in Denova HM or for the Savrak Smash in LI HM is just wonderful :D

Even more awesome is to use'em during the rampage the bonus boss in Hammer Station does, no stun and no damage last time I did it (damage is apparently tied into the stun which HO blocks).

Well I got a new story;

Mando Raiders HM on my PT Dps, a Mara Dps, sorc healer, and Jugg tank. We go about all fine and dandy the first like... Two or three pulls then I notice what I would consider a REALLY bad habit. For LoS pulls the Jugg is taunting, for boss fights the Jugg is taunting. It is his opener, his saber is not flying out of his hand, he is not flying at the enemy. Needless to say his aggro gen at this point was nothing and the Mara and I began to play a game of "Who can pull more off the tank" with our half assed rotations. And this had just been after I had come out of a HMDF where pulling Nefra off the tank is asking for a death, so I was being a super delayed opening Dps and still pulled bosses and crap off this tank. Thankfully we just summoned Gil instead of fighting him, I think that would have been rough. So final boss the Mara and I ended up tanking most of it while taking potshots at the tank. Who before the republic team boss said he was having no aggro issues vs me (I busted out laughing when I read that).

Was ether a case of the tank thinking a power stacking Mara and a 3k+main stat Dps were not going to pull off him cause he is an awesome tank, or was just dumb tank. Ether way it was a great thing to do after wiping on Nefra and Draxus for like two hours cause we were taking two new ppl into HM who were geared enough for it but knew 0 about the fights.

~Zen

Well I got a new story;

Mando Raiders HM on my PT Dps, a Mara Dps, sorc healer, and Jugg tank. We go about all fine and dandy the first like... Two or three pulls then I notice what I would consider a REALLY bad habit. For LoS pulls the Jugg is taunting, for boss fights the Jugg is taunting. It is his opener, his saber is not flying out of his hand, he is not flying at the enemy. Needless to say his aggro gen at this point was nothing and the Mara and I began to play a game of "Who can pull more off the tank" with our half assed rotations. And this had just been after I had come out of a HMDF where pulling Nefra off the tank is asking for a death, so I was being a super delayed opening Dps and still pulled bosses and crap off this tank. Thankfully we just summoned Gil instead of fighting him, I think that would have been rough. So final boss the Mara and I ended up tanking most of it while taking potshots at the tank. Who before the republic team boss said he was having no aggro issues vs me (I busted out laughing when I read that).

Was ether a case of the tank thinking a power stacking Mara and a 3k+main stat Dps were not going to pull off him cause he is an awesome tank, or was just dumb tank. Ether way it was a great thing to do after wiping on Nefra and Draxus for like two hours cause we were taking two new ppl into HM who were geared enough for it but knew 0 about the fights.

~Zen

Did the healers name start with a "C" by any chance? And did your PTs name start with an "H"? And did the healer and mara dps have a conversation about her leaving his guild to join a different one?

Hmm. It almost seems like you were there. Though you are correct.

I was the healer. Talking on the phone, watching 30 rock, healing you guys and throwing some AoEs like requested :D

I've honestly had to heal through so much worse than that one, so I wasn't too affected :D

Although I didn't think you would get so much aggro in the pub fight, misjudged that. But no one died and alls well that ends well :D:):p

[...]

If you don't want to spend credits OR CCs for it, that's fine, but why be angry at those who do? Honestly I think of all the things I have spend any currency on, those are at the top of my list of usefulness for everything. It doesn't even cost half of a monthly stipend of CC's, it's not like you have to pay EA more money.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with people having it, or acquiring it in whichever manner.

It's the way a lot of people use the damned things in FPs that annoys the living Hell out of me lately. Not all of us have those, not all of us want those, and I'm bloody well not going to tolerate being *****ed at for "holding the group up" because I don't have them.

That's happened only once so far --completed the FP successfully, said "TY for group all, cheers," zoned out, added the spoiled little rich-boy whiner to /ignore.

I was the healer. Talking on the phone, watching 30 rock, healing you guys and throwing some AoEs like requested :D

I've honestly had to heal through so much worse than that one, so I wasn't too affected :D

Although I didn't think you would get so much aggro in the pub fight, misjudged that. But no one died and alls well that ends well :D:):p

Hybrid PT. three stack flamethrower hits for 4k on crit with my gear and I was purposely hitting all four or three of the four with it. Though for that fight I do not think the jugg could have kept aggro all to himself, since short of popping reflect on CD how would he have kept all four of them on him. Plus I had the wrong one targeted at the start lol.

We survived it without any deaths though, so was a nice change of pace :)

Hybrid PT. three stack flamethrower hits for 4k on crit with my gear and I was purposely hitting all four or three of the four with it. Though for that fight I do not think the jugg could have kept aggro all to himself, since short of popping reflect on CD how would he have kept all four of them on him. Plus I had the wrong one targeted at the start lol.

We survived it without any deaths though, so was a nice change of pace :)

On my tank what I usually do is focus on the scoundrel and trooper right away, not letting them move from their spawn point. I pop saber reflect to keep them at the beginning and save my second saber reflect for when the scoundrel is alone. I then taunt the consular and try to keep him as well at this point. I just leave the knight to everyone since she always knocks me down and gives me trouble holding aggro and since she is always the first to go anyway.

Queued into Cademimu FP on my new Assassin and everything was going pretty well... until the tank Inspected the healer (Bounty Hunter) and found he was wearing gear with LITERALLY every stat. His chest had strength, his hands had willpower... it was really weird. Even stranger was that, despite some slightly longer fights, he was able to keep the tank healed, and he managed to keep myself and the other DPS alive when the lower-leveled tank lost aggro.

Said it before, I'll say it again:

Too much of the content in this game is too forgiving of derp.

Now that I've learned it "decently" well and done it several times, I'm coming to like Mando-Raiders [HARD]. It does not forgive stupid.

On my lowbie alts (one of many, many alts!) I did the usual intro Black Talon, and the tank --a PowerTech-- was needing. On everything:

Light armour with Willpower? Need.

Medium armour with Strength? Need. (I was running the thing I'd swore I'd never roll, a DPS Mara, so that was particularly annoying, as I could really have used the upgrade.)

He then equips the Medium/Strength armour...Ugh. All this whilst doing the painfully slooooooow jog of the "freeb." And people wonder why F2P players are often thought of as (distant-)second class citizens? Stop being that guy, and you'll find things will improve massively!

We got through --you can't do it wrong in BT/Esseles even if you're solo'ing it-- but, jeez-us pleez-us!

I got a strange Foundry group today and they were very impatient. We didn't do the bonus missions which would have more or less doubled the XP given in the flashpoint. We had 18/20 Data and 47/50 droids. irony I jumped on the game today because my Roommate didn't have the patience to for me to grab something in my room for 2 or 3 minutes and he jumped in his car and left without me so it was SWTOR time.

For laughs I googled "patience is a virtue" which took me to ask.com and i got this result.

The phrase 'patience is a virtue' simply means that the ability to wait for something or someone without being angry or upset is a good and valuable quality. This phrase has been traced back to William Langland in the year 1377 and it is also associated with the Latin saying 'patience is the greatest virtue.'