"there is currently noactive subscription on this account"

Aclobat

Okey so my mate, Fjonkit already tried those things and it still wont work out for him. We rly wanna start to play, he don't got any subscription yet but the "grace period" Should still be able for him to reach, right?

Alright, thanks for the support.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okey so my mate, Fjonkit already tried those things and it still wont work out for him. We rly wanna start to play, he don't got any subscription yet but the "grace period" Should still be able for him to reach, right?

Alright, thanks for the support.

‘grace period’ for Early Game Access players

my friend did all the steps that are needed,the game says that he is already playing today(wich is a waste cause he isnt) + he still cant post anything on forums...pls do something with is cauase its retarded to make something that is unplayable since day 1 ,also on the main login pagehe cant take the subscribe thingy on the account + this is displayed "You have 29 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time."

firend acc name: Inarys

my friend did all the steps that are needed,the game says that he is already playing today(wich is a waste cause he isnt) + he still cant post anything on forums...pls do something with is cauase its retarded to make something that is unplayable since day 1 ,also on the main login pagehe cant take the subscribe thingy on the account + this is displayed "You have 29 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time."

firend acc name: Inarys

Your friend's problem has been discovered. He MUST put in a valid payment method.

Ye he got a early access code. Thats what confuses us!
The grace period is for early game access people who are waiting for their product registration code to arrive. People who pre-ordered their game and are having the game shipped to them run the risk of being locked from playing the game if their box doesn't show up in the mail by today or tomorrow.

I DID put in a valid credit card, as EA billed my account 5 eur.

They DO have my email, as they sent me a confirmation.

HOWEVER, EA is in no apparent hurry to mail me the subscription confirmation.

Edited by Pegon

To everyone posting in here that is receiving the message "there is currently no active subscription on this account", please make sure that you have completed all of the "Ready to Play" steps:

How can I ensure I am ready to play the Game at launch?

There will be a 48 hour ‘grace period’ for Early Game Access players post launch. Those players who are in Early Game Access will not be able to continue to play the Game after December 22nd, 12:01AM EST without completing the following required steps:

• Create a SWTOR account if you have not created one
  • Fill out your contact information
  • Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
  • Redeem an official Game Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)

If you are still having issues, please post in this thread saying that you already went through the Ready to Play steps.

Thank you!

Thanks for the most completely *********** useless post. I knew there would be problems since its EA, but I had hopes for Bioware to step it up. Guess I won't be giving this game a shot after all.

I DID put in a valid credit card, as EA billed my account 5 eur.

They DO have my email, as they sent me a confirmation.

HOWEVER, EA is in no apparent hurry to mail me the subscription confirmation.

They billed you 5 Euros today, for something you don't have to pay for until 30 days from now?

Is this something different with the European folks?

Edited by Nangasaur

You STILL have to put in a valid payment method.

Well guess what. I havnt purchased it and yet I can play but he can't. So thats false. Anyone else that might know or should we just sit patiently until SWTOR has solved this problem?

Well guess what. I havnt purchased it and yet I can play but he can't. So thats false. Anyone else that might know or should we just sit patiently until SWTOR has solved this problem?
It's not false.

Yes, there is a problem. Noted. But until your "friend" has put in a valid payment method, the problem can be on their end.

Also, you haven't paid for what, yet? The game box? The Digital Deluxe Edition? What exactly haven't you paid for? I'm guessing you pre-ordered the game. Since you have a pre-order code on your account, you have a 2-day grace period where you don't have to put in a product registration code and go through the entire account setup, including putting in a payment method. THAT would entirely explain why you can play and they can't.

BW has explained this already, but I think a lot of folks are misunderstanding it, too.

Edited by Nangasaur

Hello,

Both my friends PhantomGR, papman have bought the Standard edition, redeemed their codes, but the still can't login to the game.

As many others, in My Account > Account Summary everything is checked except "Subscription" and "Security Key".

This is really strange because when they press on "Subscription" the get a message saying:

"You have 29 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time."

In addition, when they try to add a game time code, using the code they redeemed for the game, they get an error saying that the code has already been used.

So it seams that they have subscription for 1 month. Why can't they log into the game?

Why the Subscription tab in Account Summary isn't checked?

Do they need to buy a new game time card?

Hello,

Both my friends PhantomGR, papman have bought the Standard edition, redeemed their codes, but the still can't login to the game.

As many others, in My Account > Account Summary everything is checked except "Subscription" and "Security Key".

This is really strange because when they press on "Subscription" the get a message saying:

"You have 29 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time."

In addition, when they try to add a game time code, using the code they redeemed for the game, they get an error saying that the code has already been used.

So it seams that they have subscription for 1 month. Why can't they log into the game?

Why the Subscription tab in Account Summary isn't checked?

Do they need to buy a new game time card?

Game code is not the same as a Game Time Code. Game Time Code is a payment method. The game does cost $14.99 a month to play. They need to put in a prepaid-game card or a credit card. Won't be charged either way for 29 days, because the game comes with 30 free days.

i not doign this step (Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code. ) unstil my game time gets to the end of the 30 days of free time that got form preorder so if this last step going stop me form playing after the 22th day then soemthing need be done on ur part an not my part

To everyone posting in here that is receiving the message "there is currently no active subscription on this account", please make sure that you have completed all of the "Ready to Play" steps:

How can I ensure I am ready to play the Game at launch?

There will be a 48 hour ‘grace period’ for Early Game Access players post launch. Those players who are in Early Game Access will not be able to continue to play the Game after December 22nd, 2:00AM CST without completing the following required steps:

• Create a SWTOR account if you have not created one
  • Fill out your contact information
  • Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
  • Redeem an official Game Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)

If you are still having issues after following, please contact Customer Service.

Thank you!

Edited by Swiftylord

It's not false.

Yes, there is a problem. Noted. But until your "friend" has put in a valid payment method, the problem can be on their end.

Also, you haven't paid for what, yet? The game box? The Digital Deluxe Edition? What exactly haven't you paid for? I'm guessing you pre-ordered the game. Since you have a pre-order code on your account, you have a 2-day grace period where you don't have to put in a product registration code and go through the entire account setup, including putting in a payment method. THAT would entirely explain why you can play and they can't.

BW has explained this already, but I think a lot of folks are misunderstanding it, too.

But my mate pre-ordered too. Sorry for the missleading info but I was talkin about the Payment method, thing is. Why can't he play when I can when both pre-ordered?!

I'm starting to wonder how many people aren't putting a credit card/game card in and causing this. Three people in game with early access were adamant about "not knowing" this costs $15 a month. Really? And people refusing to pay because they already 'bought it'.

Time for MMO subscription 101 classes?

I'm starting to wonder how many people aren't putting a credit card/game card in and causing this. Three people in game with early access were adamant about "not knowing" this costs $15 a month. Really? And people refusing to pay because they already 'bought it'.

Time for MMO subscription 101 classes?

?

It doesn't let me enter any credit card information anywhere. It says I need to enter my product code first which is in the mail from preorder.

?

It doesn't let me enter any credit card information anywhere. It says I need to enter my product code first which is in the mail from preorder.

Pre-order code and Product code are NOT the same thing. Is it really that hard to understand? Product codes come in the retail box or were sent by Origin over the weekend (to most people).

Pre-order code and Product code are NOT the same thing. Is it really that hard to understand? Product codes come in the retail box or were sent by Origin over the weekend (to most people).

Please go away with your condescending attitude.

I seem to be the only one still having this issue, and I cannot contact customer support at all.

Please go away with your condescending attitude.

I seem to be the only one still having this issue, and I cannot contact customer support at all.

You are having problems because you are confusing the product code with the preorder code. Do you have the actual physical box or email with the cd key for retail?

You are having problems because you are confusing the product code with the preorder code. Do you have the actual physical box or email with the cd key for retail?

No I am not. There is a two day grace period I should have access to while waiting for my product code in the retail box from Amazon.