Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Viability of this as a build?

Maveritchell

Preface - new to MMOs and looking for build advice. Having played through the beta as a Consular/Sage, I only reinforced that this definitely fit my playstyle. I enjoy playing mage-type classes, and I always enjoy having some at-will healing abilities.

However, I'll set up a build for a Seer-type sage and feel like I'm missing out on a whole lot - there look like there are some really fun abilities that I'm missing in the other trees (of course this is by design). I'm interested in a build that gives me a bit more of a taste of some of these other trees, but I don't want to gimp my healing too too much.

What I originally had set up as a build was something that looked like this (planning PvE):

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGrRbd0dGzZf0oMZ0M.1

What I'm thinking about changing it too is something like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRbdbdMZf0dMzzZ0M.1

I figure this gives me full access to the Rejuvenate/Conveyance/Resplendence/etc. loop and access to some useful TK, although at the expense of an AoE heal. I suppose my question is this - is the loss of the top-level AoE heal worth it? Am I jack-of-all-trading here at the expense of mastery-of-one?

you give up an aoe heal for an aoe damage. not sure what situation in pve you are planning for.. since i dont know how valuable the aoe heal is or how much use you will get from the aoe damage.. couldnt hurt to try.

but i would have gone for more utility, maybe the 3 target force lift in Balance. Help the DPS focus down 1 at a time. unless they are all about aoe damage too.. then your path would be viable.

Cool build. Haven't thought about making a hybrid spec like that, but now I'm wondering if I should do the same for PvP since I most likely won't be using Salvation.

The second build seems like a good solo build, since you can afford to not heal for the 3 seconds it takes to activate Telekinetic Wave.

As for grouping, it's difficult to say right now. I think your build would work well since you won't be using Salvation too much anyways since you need 3+ people to stay in the circle to not make it a waste of force. If you start doing raids, however, I'd considering picking up Salvation since you'll usually need to heal full time and won't be able to cast a 3 second long AoE damage ability... plus you can get several people into the Salvation circle easily.

Also, I'd personally take the two points out of Confound and put it into Pain Bearer.