Top 5 PvP Guilds on Shadowlands

RyanReagan

Now we're getting some where!

/flirt

You guys speak as if I'm new to this server or these people or something ;p I play a lot, I just don't post often.

Nah, just being nice and helpful. It's a miracle, I know. :eek:

By the way, ego issues also happen a lot in the real world. They're just more obvious on the internet and in video games.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i have no clue who he is either.

Avenn did tell me that Avenn was calling Elane a she in ranked... Thanks Somnax, Capium, and Tae for correcting Avenn... All three of you have no excuse!

Came back two days ago and I've already come across a couple of surprising player-guild tag combos. What happened O_O

And not that i can remember an awesome sorc by the name of Maod but he has a point in that people don't see every game everyone els is playing. I came across an ID member in perhaps one out of 100 games back when i played on a daily basis, give or take the mornings somnax would be on a pub.

Edited by MidichIorian

This is all very subjective. Just saying. I've seen days where every single guild, even the ones considered "the best," have very bad days, just as I've seen those same guilds have very good days. The problem I tend to run into is when the elitists point blame at everyone else (I'm guilty of it too) when it's a team effort. If the team is losing then it's the fault of the team. I understand that individuals do **** up, like people capping a node/pylon and then leaving it unguarded (those people should never PvP again) or not calling incoming when they ARE guarding a node/pylon. However, barring those individuals, PvP IS a team effort, and, on average, even a 4-man premade (in regs) cannot win it for the team. They can give them a better shot (depending on the 4-man), but they can't control what the PUG members on their team do. But, as I said above, even the "best" PvP'ers have bad days, and bad PvP'ers even have good days. The only real difference between the "best" PvP guilds is the level of organization and cooperation the members have with each other.

Regarding Ranked Warzones, if you get two really good teams together then you usually have what is just a huge CC-fest, because both teams know what they're doing, which makes it hard for any real damage to be done. So, a lot of times it comes down to who gets the proper CC's off at the right time so that a cap can be made. At that point, all the defending team has to do is stay alive and keep cappers off the nodes (for node-style Warzones). Huttball, on the other hand, is all about ball control, regardless of the match type (ranked or regular). So, if you get two astounding teams together, it's a matter of who the hell gets the ball first. Of course, you do have obstacles on the course that can aid, or hamper, both teams, so that's a matter of who's in the right place at the right time and who is able to ruin someone's day without even doing a whole lot (it's not cheap, or cheating, it's strategy).

I am not denying that ID, Physics, and all the other good PvP guilds are in fact really good. I'm simply saying that to rate them in a "top 5" is very subjective, because PvP DOES have a lot to do with timing and proper organization, and, even in PUG groups, this can be achieved if you have people that know what the hell they're doing. If you have at least 4 people on the team that are clueless and do not cooperate (regular WZ PUGs) then THAT can be an auto-loss, but that doesn't mean the 4-man (if there is one) should, or can, cast blame AT those PUGS, UNLESS that 4-man wins the warzone for the team (excluding Huttball, because that can be won with 2 people in many cases in regular warzones due to the WZ's very nature).

A lot of people are going to disagree with a lot of this, and that's fine, because, as I said from the very start, this is all very subjective.

Cheers,

Vitiate of Nex Angeles - Shadowlands

This is all very subjective. Just saying. I've seen days where every single guild, even the ones considered "the best," have very bad days, just as I've seen those same guilds have very good days. The problem I tend to run into is when the elitists point blame at everyone else (I'm guilty of it too) when it's a team effort. If the team is losing then it's the fault of the team. I understand that individuals do **** up, like people capping a node/pylon and then leaving it unguarded (those people should never PvP again) or not calling incoming when they ARE guarding a node/pylon. However, barring those individuals, PvP IS a team effort, and, on average, even a 4-man premade (in regs) cannot win it for the team. They can give them a better shot (depending on the 4-man), but they can't control what the PUG members on their team do. But, as I said above, even the "best" PvP'ers have bad days, and bad PvP'ers even have good days. The only real difference between the "best" PvP guilds is the level of organization and cooperation the members have with each other.

Regarding Ranked Warzones, if you get two really good teams together then you usually have what is just a huge CC-fest, because both teams know what they're doing, which makes it hard for any real damage to be done. So, a lot of times it comes down to who gets the proper CC's off at the right time so that a cap can be made. At that point, all the defending team has to do is stay alive and keep cappers off the nodes (for node-style Warzones). Huttball, on the other hand, is all about ball control, regardless of the match type (ranked or regular). So, if you get two astounding teams together, it's a matter of who the hell gets the ball first. Of course, you do have obstacles on the course that can aid, or hamper, both teams, so that's a matter of who's in the right place at the right time and who is able to ruin someone's day without even doing a whole lot (it's not cheap, or cheating, it's strategy).

I am not denying that ID, Physics, and all the other good PvP guilds are in fact really good. I'm simply saying that to rate them in a "top 5" is very subjective, because PvP DOES have a lot to do with timing and proper organization, and, even in PUG groups, this can be achieved if you have people that know what the hell they're doing. If you have at least 4 people on the team that are clueless and do not cooperate (regular WZ PUGs) then THAT can be an auto-loss, but that doesn't mean the 4-man (if there is one) should, or can, cast blame AT those PUGS, UNLESS that 4-man wins the warzone for the team (excluding Huttball, because that can be won with 2 people in many cases in regular warzones due to the WZ's very nature).

A lot of people are going to disagree with a lot of this, and that's fine, because, as I said from the very start, this is all very subjective.

Cheers,

Bet a lot of people get a head ache and start raging after reading what you said. Just because you know, they fail at logic.

By the way, well said.

Cheers,

just to add one more thing and its kinda important a lot of the time it comes down to who can focus targets better and change targets in heart beat.