Class missions removed/altered?

Sigiles

First off, forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Will the class stories, planetary storylines and side missions be removed or altered for the KotFE expansion?

I was under the assumption that it will all remain the same until you hit 60 and start the KotFE content, in which you will be "moved" to another instance, sort of..

Say I start a Trooper after the launch of KotFE.. Will that Trooper go through the Trooper storyline that has always been there since launch?

Again, forgive me if this is a stupid question.. But I heard something that worried me...

Edited by Sigiles

Thanks for replying..

I hope I can find a clear answer on this.. I'd really like to know if I should burn through every class story before the launch just to see it (I like to take my time with these things), I don't have too much time to play nowadays and I'd hate to have huge parts of the game locked away from me because I didn't have the time to play through it before they "remove" it..

Will the class stories, planetary storylines and side missions be removed or altered for the KotFE expansion?

I was under the assumption that it will all remain the same until you hit 60 and start the KotFE content, in which you will be "moved" to another instance, sort of..

Say I start a Trooper after the launch of KotFE.. Will that Trooper go through the Trooper storyline that has always been there since launch?

Again, forgive me if this is a stupid question.. But I heard something that worried me...

The class missions of any character @ 60 will disappear and from the description it SEEMS like any new character get a watered down version of 12 xp. The that's just me guessing based on what little info we have.

I suspect it will remain much the same, i think what you'll see in change in rewards, change in experience, perhaps simpler planetary quests (fewer side quests) or side quests with different rewards that justify doing them.

Anything is pure speculation but the story is the main selling point of this game, i don't see them changing the core stories for anything, the planet and side quests (heroics etc) are different stories, as are the flashpoints.

We can all put forward our guesses and hopes and fears about it. But yeah, ultimately we don't really know what they meant when they briefly mentioned once that the 1-50 story would see some streamlining. For all we know it could just be a simple change like making 12x-like xp numbers (maybe not that high though) a standard feature. Maybe it could mean some quality of life updates by adding more taxi stops / quick travel points or removing unnecessary travel from mission steps (go to the senate tower, go to Republic fleet, go to the senate tower again). Or maybe it could even be something more complicated than any of those ideas.

• Dev Post

Hey Sigiles,

If you start a brand new level 1 character, you will still be playing the Trooper Class story, the Planetary Arcs, and more. It is true that we have some changes planned for leveling in Fallen Empire, but we aren't going to take things away from you! It just more about "streamlining" your leveling.

I am actively working with the team on a blog/post which will describe everything in detail. So, more details to follow, but in short, you are completely safe :)

-eric

They are speeding up the levelling, whilst keeping the story the same. We don't know what that means exactly just yet. It may mean thinning out the mobs in instances, boosting rewards or giving General Garza a holo... We don't know exactly yet.

You only get locked out of your class story when you start chapter one of KotFE

Hey Sigiles,

If you start a brand new level 1 character, you will still be playing the Trooper Class story, the Planetary Arcs, and more. It is true that we have some changes planned for leveling in Fallen Empire, but we aren't going to take things away from you! It just more about "streamlining" your leveling.

I am actively working with the team on a blog/post which will describe everything in detail. So, more details to follow, but in short, you are completely safe :)

-eric

Thanks a million for the reply...

Phew.. Now I can relax and get my heart rate back to normal :jawa_tongue:

Edited by Sigiles

Yisssssssss

Are you kidding, then she'd just keep sending requests to come to Coruscant all the time. Just imagine, you and Jaxo are about to fade to black when 'blerup bleet bloop...This is General Garza, could you return to Coruscant..what in the world are you and Jaxo...never mind, please see me in my chambers at once soldier.'

we aren't going to take things away from you!

you are completely safe :)

Those parts are encouraging. I was concerned by Bruce Maclean's statement that sidequests were being 'repurposed'.

So...I hope side-quests are among the things not being taken away. A lot of them are very good, story-wise.

Hey Sigiles,

-eric

You took ranked 8v8 away from us... Just saying

Those parts are encouraging. I was concerned by Bruce Maclean's statement that sidequests were being 'repurposed'.

So...I hope side-quests are among the things not being taken away. A lot of them are very good, story-wise.

Yes, but for the Rest of us Subs, we deserve the 12X option. I don't think they should remove all side-quests because that would be very sad for the New Subs coming. But for the rest of us that have done the same crap over and over. There is No need to do any side-quests if we don't want to do it.

Keep the 12X xp an option.

My guess on "repurposed sidequests" would be if they were going to try to make use of any of the various leveling scaling techniques they've got now (instances can be scaled high and bolstered, or enemies that are summoned by clicking an object can be made to scale to your level, or we know that a reverse bolster will be a thing in 4.0 as well) to create level-neutral dailies and weeklies on all planets. And I would guess that this could help play into whatever sort of rep-grind-like thingamawhatsit they've got planned for being able to recruit old companions in/after KotFE (doing missions to impress each faction so the companions will respect you enough to want to join you, from the sound of what little they have mentioned about it so far). So all the side missions would still be there as you level through the area, but some of them would be dailies that higher levels could come back to with instances/spawns and rewards scaled to match their level.

We'll find out what they're actually doing whenever they actually post about it, or when 4.0 comes out. (Whichever comes first.)

Hey Sigiles,

-eric

I still updated all the games I play, so when BW's new Epa comes out, just in case, it blows or doesn't match what BW said earlier. I can cancel and pick up one of my other games.

Hey Sigiles,

-eric

That's great to hear you will be streamlining the 1-50 leveling process! It is SO bloody tedious. One suggestion I have is to completely remove all the orbital stations and replace them with those "pick up me" beacons you use on Oricon and Rishi. (although the makeb one is nice, leave that there lol). Most every orbital station is completely tedious. From a "mouse clicks" design perspective, it creates unnecesary extra traveling and load screen wait times. From a realism perspective it is laughable to have a fully built orbital station at a planet that supposedly was "recently discovered" (I'm pointing at you Belsavis for the Imps and Voss for everyone, etc etc). It's especially unrealistic to have to go to an orbital station when I should be able to simply put my ship down somewhere on the planet (except when atmospheric conditions reasonably prevent it. *smile*).

Anyhoo.....just a few thoughts on benefits of streamlining leveling by removing the horrid orbital stations. :)

And for the current subs who have never done them before. And the current subs who have done them before but want to do them again.

I was going to Mention that, but my Chest is really killing me today. As for other ppl though, and we have been through this War on the Forums before. Is that for Subs at least, should be able to continue to do the 12X xp if we want to.

I know for me Personally would love to go back on some characters and do both the side quests and have the 12X xp doing the stuff,

Bad thing is, with KOTFE/Coffee. Once we enter KOTFE/Coffee, we cannot go back to do the side-quests, which i think is sad.

Edited by MandFlurry

That's great to hear you will be streamlining the 1-50 leveling process! It is SO bloody tedious. One suggestion I have is to completely remove all the orbital stations and replace them with those "pick up me" beacons you use on Oricon and Rishi. (although the makeb one is nice, leave that there lol). Most every orbital station is completely tedious. From a "mouse clicks" design perspective, it creates unnecesary extra traveling and load screen wait times. From a realism perspective it is laughable to have a fully built orbital station at a planet that supposedly was "recently discovered" (I'm pointing at you Belsavis for the Imps and Voss for everyone, etc etc). It's especially unrealistic to have to go to an orbital station when I should be able to simply put my ship down somewhere on the planet (except when atmospheric conditions reasonably prevent it. *smile*).

Anyhoo.....just a few thoughts on benefits of streamlining leveling by removing the horrid orbital stations. :)

In addition to this, I really hope that part of the streamlining is removing unnecessary trips to the capital world.

Scenario: Just finished up <Planet>, go to ship as directed, use holo-terminal as directed. Informed via holo-terminal to report to capital world to SPEAK TO THE BLOODY PERSON THAT WAS JUST ON THE HOLO-TERMINAL - ONLY TO HAVE THEM SEND ME DIRECTLY BACK TO THE BLEEDING PLANET I WAS JUST ON ..........

I have a question concerning the Codex entries granted from class missions:

If a Player decides to start at Level 60, will the Codex entries from Level 1 to 60 be granted retrospectively?

Unless they make them legacy wide then no. You would have to go back and actually unlock them or if they are mission related you'd lose out on it since you can't go back and do old class missions.